Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Knights Legacy ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 1
Seki looked around anxiously for his younger brother. 'Why isn't he here yet?' he though impatiently. Jin and Seki had been a lot closer the previous year when Jin was in 6th grade and Seki was in 8th at the same school. Inspite of endless teasing the two were nearly inseperble. But now Kendo, school and, in Seki's case, guitar were in the way.
Seki was now a freshman and felt somewhat silly being in Tokyo Tower for a field trip. Usually it was elementary school students in Tokyo Tower. The only reason Seki's class was there was because they had voluntered to repaint the inside of the observation area with some other classes and were getting out of school the first day it was re-opened becaue they were invited. the middle school, which Jin and Nanase attended, was also coming and Seki was still eager to see his brother and tease the day lights out of the poor kid.
"Oni-san!"
Seki turned to find Jin and Nanase grinning at him across the deck. Jin was almost exactly ldentical to Seki except being shorter and having blue eyes and having neat hair that looked like it could be controlled rather than Seki's always-off-beat mess on his head.
Nanase seemed to be rather out of place with a 7th and 9th grader considering she was in 6th but she didn't care. Her long blond hair was tied back partially in a bun while the rest hung down nearly to her waist. where it begen to curl. Her dark green eyes seemed to be amused by everything around her. The slightest thing would send her to the floor with laughter.
"Hey there Nanase. How is your mom doing? she should be haing her baby soon right?" Seki asked preteding to ignore his little brother. Nothing got on Jin's nerves more then not getting any attention. He did not need to be the center of attention but he liked some attention.
"She is due next week actully. I want to be a big sister now though." She she pretended to whine.
"You're going to regret saying that." Seki grinned. Finally turnign his attention to his brother they began the usual, childish arguing that they seemed to enjoy. These boys will argue about what cheese tastes like for heavens sake. The trio were making their way over to the stairwell where everyone who worked on repainting the Tower had added signatures when Seki collidided head-on with another student.
Seki found himself staring into two golden eyes, a feminine and serious face, short brown hair, and a boys uniform on the clearly female body. 'Her face seemed so different from most students...' Seki thought ' Perhaps a foreign exchange student?'
"I'm sorry. Please excuse me," Her voice had an accent that confirmed Seki's thought's. Before he could even speak to her she brushed past him and his friends.
"She has your school's uniform. Who is she?" Seki asked his brother, Jin and his friend Nanase.
"I know that tone brother dear and I don't think you should chase after that one." Jin grinned. His brother dispised people hinting that he was a skirt chaser. Seki was good looking and was always polite to girl which caused rumors to start and a good many ill-fated crushes, all of which Seki had been totally oblivious to until the girl broke down crying and refused to speak to him. Jin relished in teasing his brother and the feeling was mutual with every aspect in the brothers lives. "Well her name is Ayane and she moved here with her family from Greece. She is a very talented martial artist and makes it known that she finds eating meat disgusting." Jin said not taking notice his brothers angry look.
Seki's face quikely changed to one of amusment, "You sound like some kind of pervert. You have a real future as a stalker. What do you do run background checks on girls?"
Nanase smiled in spite of the slight frusteration at being left out for so long, "Lets change the subject. The new girl creeps me out so I don't feel like talking about her." She said.
Seki nodded in agreement. "I don't want to talk about her either. I'll go talk to her."
***
Ayane looked out on the city of Tokyo and smiled. Her smiles had become a rare sight recently. Her grandmother, whom she was very fond of, had died a few months earlier and she seemed to have no friends after moving. They were all so reluctant. It could be blamed on the fight with the popular Jin but they had been distant before that. They had regarded her as a foreigner and did not know how to talk to her and didn't really want to. 'I am not even foreign.' She thought 'I was born here.' she looked desparingly at the city below. 'Grandmother brought me here...' She sighed as she blinked back the tears that were threatening to pour out of her eyes.
"I think it is the polite thing to do to apologize too."
Ayane whirled around to find the boy she had just run into on the stairs smiling at her. "You should have let me do that at the stair well. Awfully impolite you know. My name is Seki. Your Ayane right?"
She relaxed slightely. "Yes. I am sorry."
"I came to apologize to you so don't say you're sorry." Seki said in mock frusteration.
"Uh... OK." noticing the resembalance she realized it must be Jin's brother whom all the girls loved and admired. 'He not an idot like Jin. Just a bit crazy' she thought to herself. Although in the case of Seki his popularity was understandable, he was a nice guy. Jin, however, was a butt headed little creep in her opinion. Then she was really confused. The guy she'd pounded not a week ago had an elder brother who was trying to be friends. 'Definetly a loon...' "Uh... Your brother did 'warn' you about me right?"
"Warn me?" Seki blinked. His face was totally lost.
"We got into a fight last week. You didn't hear?"
"I was busy finishing the paint job here at the tower." Seki explained. His face lit up childishly, "Who won?"
"Um... He had the most bruises so me I guess." Ayane said uncomfortably.
Deciding to change the subject he asked her a different question question. "What's with the boys uniform?"
"I am not a skirt person. Your friend Nanase seems to be. She also believes Jin when he tells her I started the fight. Speaking of Jin I think he wants to hang out with you." She nodded toward Jin who was glaring at them along with Nanase.
"Trying to get rid of me? Ah well. I'll just catch up with you later." Seki said with his usual, pleasent smile.
Ayane smiled back and he started to walk away 'Loon or not it's good to talk to another kid again' she thought happily. She turned back for one last veiw of Tokyo before heading to the gift shop just in time to see blinding explosion of light just outside the tower.