Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Remember The Past ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 5

Classes are finally over and it was time to go home. Chiharu and Keiko had told Hikaru earlier that they would not be able to walk with her home that day. After saying goodbye to her friends, she went on her way. She hadn't been feeling well actually, she was starting to think that she got her brother's fever.

She opened her umbrella, before leaving their building. It had started raining an hour before, something that had always been expected since the rainy season had already started. She saw Lantis in the front of their school gate, getting in his car. He had offered her a ride home, which she declined, telling him that she needed to pass by somewhere first.

She continued her usual route towards their house. She saw a young girl, supposedly a freshmen in her school, crying in front pharmacy. She knew it was none of her business but she felt she just had to ask what was wrong. She approached the crying girl and assumed that the girl had forgotten her umbrella and was stuck in the rain. Without having any second thoughts, she offered her own umbrella to the girl, even if it meant that she would have to run home without one.

"Domo arigatou gozaimasu!!!" the girl thanked her, giving her a very low bow in the process. "My mother is sick and I need to be home soon, nobody else is with her now see…but I forgot my umbrella and got stuck here."

"It was nothing…Now hurry home, your mother must be very worried now." The girl nodded and quickly left.

She sneezed, and realized that she was beginning to feel chilly. She let out another sneeze and then another. Thinking that the rain would not probably stop, she decided to run home. "I just have to take the short cut this time."

***

Lantis didn't know why, but he quickly gave instructions to his driver to alter their route. He frowned as he gave the directions on where to go…He saw that the driver was getting tensed, 'He must be thinking about the last time.'

"Stop the car," Lantis said. "Wait here."

'At least he didn't just jump out like before.' That was what went on his driver's mind when he went out of his car. He didn't bother to take his umbrella with him…something told him that it would only cause difficulty later on. His feet brought him to the park, where he found her lying on the wet grass, unconscious.

He hurriedly picked her up in his arms and carried her towards the car. He gave the driver a glare that would stop any questions that would dare come out of the man's mouth. He carefully slid her into the backseat, making sure she is comfortably seated before he got himself in the car and sat beside her.

"Drive." Hikaru was burning up with fever and since he didn't know where she lived, he decided to bring her home. 'To hell what people think,' he thought to himself, "she needs to be taken care of. He pulled her into his arms, with no other reason on his mind but to offer her comfort and warmth.

***

"Master Kyle!" Jean exclaimed when he opened the door. The young master was dripping wet from presumably going out on the rain without an umbrella. "He's carrying an unconscious girl in his arms.

"Tell a maid I need some decent woman's clothes for Hikaru to change into and tell her to be quick since I need someone to change it for her. I'm taking her to the guestroom."

Jean opened his mouth to ask some questions, but he changed his mind. "Yes, Master Kyle."

"And call the doctor after talking to the maid, will you Jean?" Lantis went after seeing him nod.

"Mariko! Mariko!" he called out loud.

"Yes Mr. Colins?"

"Master Kyle's, err, lady guest had been caught in the rain and she needs some dry clothes. Can you let her borrow yours?"

"Yes Mr. Colins."

"Thank you Mariko. Please do hurry up…she is unconscious and burning up with fever. She needs to get out of those wet clothes…and well, we know Master Kyle cannot take over to that task…"

"I understand. I'll go now."

***

Slowly she opened her eyes and shot up her bed when she realized she wasn't in her room. "Do not worry, you're in my house. I saw you lying unconsciously at the park. You were burning up with fever and I don't know where you live so I brought you here." She saw Lantis, sitting on a chair next to her bed. Standing beside him is an old man, probably in his sixties.

"Thank you, Lantis-kun." She saw the old man's eyes widened out of surprise. "Is there something wrong?"

"It's nothing, you should not worry about anything…This is my butler, and also a good friend of mine, Jean Colins."

"Do not stress yourself Miss, the doctor said you need to rest," Jean said.

"But I…I need to go home…My brothers will be worried about me…"

"Actually, at this time I think they are already worried…It's already one in the morning…Please, you need your rest. I will bring you home tomorrow. If it would ease your mind, you can give me your home number and I will call your brothers up and tell them you are alright."

Hikaru nodded and then wrote her telephone number on the paper Jean handed her. It was only after that when she realized that she wasn't wearing her own clothes. She felt herself blush. As if knowing what was going on her mind, Lantis said, "Mariko, our maid, changed them for you. Now please, lie down and do not worry about anything. I'm going to take care of you. You trust me don't you?"

"Yes Lantis. Thank you for saving me again…"

"It's nothing."

***

After talking to Hikaru's brother on the phone and assuring him that she's alright, Jean approached his young master, giving him a cup of coffee. "You should be resting now, Master Kyle."

"I'm fine." Kyle took the coffee from Jean's hands and started drinking. "She's a good friend of mine…"

"I see." The boy noticed that there is something else in his butler's mind. He also knew that Jean was too polite to ask him about it. "It doesn't hurt when she calls me with that name…" he explained. The old man can only nod in understanding.