Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Remember The Past ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 7

Finally, Hikaru had been able to get away from Masaru and Kakeru. Her two brothers never left her side since she got home, dragging her away from Lantis, asking her questions and telling her how much their baby. She slightly frowned at the thought that they still call her 'baby', she's already eighteen for Kami's sake!

She silently entered the livingroom, and found Lantis talking with her brother. Both men noticed her presence, her brother asking her to join them. "McKnight-san told me about the incident with the kitten…" Satoru told her. She blushed, embarrassed about her own carelessness.

"He prefers to be called with his first name onii-sama," she said, hoping that it would change the subject.

"She is right," Lantis confirmed.

"I see…Yes of course…And you can call me by my name, 'Satoru'."

"Very well…By the way Hikaru, here are the assignments for tomorrow. I have asked someone to get it from school…" Lantis said, handing her a few pieces of paper.

"Wah! I forgot it's still a school day today! Thank you, Lantis-kun!" Both suddenly saw Satoru tensed up, looking very much surprised. "Onii-sama? Oh! You didn't know we're in the same class, did you?" Hikaru explained.

"What did you just call him?"

"Oh, it's actually his second name…but he really prefers to be called 'Kyle'," she said, looking apologetically at Lantis.

"I'd better get going…" Lantis said, rising from his seat. "It was nice meeting you…"

"But you just got here!" Hikaru told him.

"As much as I want to stay Hikaru-chan, I have important business matters to attend to."

"We'd better not be keeping him, Hikaru, he can come back and visit anytime," Satoru told his sister. Hikaru beamed at her brother's statement and nodded. The two men shook hands, and then Lantis left.

Hikaru looked at Satoru worriedly. She was used to her brother's quiet character, but she sensed something was bothering him after Lantis went home. "Onii-sama?"

"Hikaru, how long since you two had been classmates?" he suddenly asked.

"Since that kitten-incident…"

"I see…"

***

Satoru quietly stepped into Hikaru's room to check on her. He found her sleeping like an angel…Well, not really, Hikaru moves around a lot when she sleep…but she looks like an angel nonetheless.

"Lantis…" he heard her say in her sleep as she hugged her pillow tightly.

'I thought she stopped calling out that name a few months ago…'

"Lantis…"

He remembered how his sister was three years ago. She came back from that fieldtrip to the Tokyo tower very disturbed…and very sad. He listened as she cried every-night…He watched as she tossed and turned during her sleep, always having a nightmare.

Then one day, she came home from school, looking very different…The sadness in her eyes were gone…they were sparkling again. Something told him that she finally got over the hell she had been living in. It made him glad. His old, 'genki' imouto was back! And there was something more…somehow she looked more mature.

That night, he decided to check on her while she was sleeping. She was smiling in her sleep, hugging her pillow tight, just as she was now…That was the first time Satoru heard her call out that name…

It took a long time for her to finally tell him the whole story…of her extraordinary journey to maturity…of her adventures in a world where the strength of will determines everything…of 'him'. He believed her…he knew she wouldn't just make up a story like that…And he knew, eventually she'll leave them, and stay in that land for good…because there is where her heart is. They never talked about it again.

"Lantis…"

Satoru sighed, covered his sister's body with a blanket and walked out of her room. 'It cannot be…' he told himself. 'She told me they just met weeks ago…He cannot be the same person…' Besides, his sister told him that Lantis was actually almost the same age as him…Yet she told him that Lantis has black hair and piercing purple eyes…like that boy. 'Damn it! What's going on?'

Satoru entered his own room, staring at the ceiling, lost in his own thoughts. Is it possible that Lantis' will to protect his sister was so strong that it caused him to follow her here?

He shook his head and sighed. 'If that's the case, I wouldn't have to worry…She's in good hands…'

***