Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Remember The Past ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 10

Lantis opened his eyes, and stared at the white-painted ceiling above him---He blinked once, and rubbed his eyes---'This isn't my house! Where the bloody hell am I?' He quickly sat up from his futon and found Satoru Shidou sitting on the floor beside him. "I hope you don't mind about the futon…" Satoru told him. "Are you alright now?"

Lantis nodded in response, remembering what had just happened, and asked, "How is she?"

"She's fine."

"No fever?"

"No. Thank you for bringing her back…Although I had never expected you'd both end up unconscious."

"It's a long story…" he replied, and looked down.

"We have enough time, don't you think so too, Magic Swordsman?"

Lantis shot up his head and met Satoru's gaze. "How did you---? Oh, she might have told you before…"

"She described you as 'the man that tames lightning', hers eyes sparkling as she mentioned your name…and yes, she had told me everything…we didn't bring up the subject again after that though…Neither did we tell anybody else about it."

"She have no memories left of Sefiro anymore…"

"You came here to make her remember then?"

"Yes, that was the original plan…I came here also to protect her since I sensed that some kind of danger was coming…but something…someone took my memories also…I just got them all back earlier."

"So what happened out there?"

"I saw her already unconscious…her energy almost drained up completely…A defective post was just ready to fall on her. Even if I knew I could reach her in time, I also knew it wouldn't be enough to get both of us out of the way…I used my magic to shield both of us out of desperation…and then teleported her back here. Usually it wouldn't really take too much energy to do that but…I guess it's much different here in your world. If I will have to use my greatest attack here it will probably kill me."

"So what happened after you lost your memories…were you adopted after you came here?"

"No actually, I was born here in Earth…"

"You mean you're originally from Earth?"

"No…The master mage cast a spell that had me being reborn here in Earth so that I wouldn't have any problems coping…and well of course so that I will end up at the same age as your sister. Everything had been 'arranged', in a way that would make it easier for me to be close with Hikaru so I can protect her…The process of my rebirth is something similar to reincarnation…the only difference is that I didn't have to die. The master mage warned me that there would be a minor fluke since there isn't really enough energy to support the spell…So I ended up being born in England, not in Tokyo. I was to keep my memories though…and I doubt that the reason why I lost them was again a mistake from the spell…Anyway, when I come back to Sefiro, I'll be looking like my old self again…"

"Yes, Hikaru told me we're almost of the same age…"

"Yes…something like that…At least I did look someone of the same age as you…Although of course, time is nothing to Sefiro…"

"Should I be calling you Lantis now then?"

"No…it's still Kyle…"

***

"Did you see, Ares?"

"Yes I did…and yes, you were right, his soul had bonded with hers. I told you, the third time would be a charm…"

"So does that mean it's over?"

"You know very well that it's not…"

"If only we had seen earlier…they wouldn't have to go through this…"

"How could we? We were sealed again when Emeraude died, and were only reawakened after the Chosen One demolished the Pillar System…The events that might have proven the swordsman's bond with her might have happened when we were asleep…"

"Maybe we should had tried looking into their past before we cast the spell…"

"Maybe…but we cannot alter what we had done…"

"Why do they have to be different than the others? It would have been easier for all of us if it was otherwise!"

"But they are different…there's nothing we can do about that."

***

She looked around her. It was dark…but there was light from a small opening on the wall in front of her. Underneath it was a girl crouched down, crying. Hikaru approached the girl and touched the girl's shoulder. She gasped in surprise when she saw the girl's face… "Y-you…" she stammered. The girl looked exactly like her; except that the color of the girl's hair is lighter…and that the girl has a pair of elfin-like ears. "What is your name?"

"Nova…" the girl replied in between sobs.

"Why are you crying?"

"…You promised you wouldn't leave me again…You promised me that we'd be together forever…" Nova said, hugging Hikaru.

"I'm sorry…"

"It's alright…It wasn't really your fault…It's just that I had been waiting for you, but it was taking you too long to get me…"

"I don't understand…"

"I was so scared… I didn't want to be alone again…" Then Nova wiped her tears away and smiled. "But you're here now aren't you? We'll be together again…just like before…just like you told me."

"What do you mean? Who are you?"

"I am you, silly." Nova giggled. "You made me."

"I made you?"

"You don't want me to be alone again, do you?"

"Well I…no…of course not!"

"Good…But I cannot really come back to you right now…"

"Why not?"

"Because you don't remember me…but it's alright…you will soon…and when you do we'll be together again and we can go back to him!"

"To whom?"

"To the one we love!" Nova giggled again. She stood up and then walked away from the light and disappeared into the darkness that surrounded them. "Hi-ka-ru-chan…" she said, in a dangerously playful tone. "Let's play!"

"Nova…wait! Where are you?"

"Tell me Hikaru…would you die for the one you love?"

"Nova…?"

"Would you give up everything to be with him?"

"What are you talking about, Nova? Where are you?"

"We're playing Hikaru! Come on! It would be fun!"

"But Nova…"

"So tell me…would you really want to be with him?"

"With who?"

"Lantis of course! Now answer me…"

"Y-yes…"

"Good…that's what I want too…But you can't yet…Do you know what happened before you came here?"

"I remember running away…and then…"

"Then you fainted all of a sudden. Do you want to know why?"

"Why?"

"Because…your energy had been drained away…It's being drained since you forgot about…I mean…since we were separated. That is why you seem to be weaker now…physically and emotionally. Right now, your body is slowly dying…If you die, Lantis will be really sad again…Do you want to live Hikaru?"

"Yes."

"You will get hurt in the process though…You will feel pain that you'll wish you'll never have to feel again…Knowing how weak you are right now, are you sure you want to go through all of these?"

"Yes."

"Play with me, Hikaru."

***