Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Remember The Past ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 11

As if sensing a familiar danger, Satoru saw Lantis frown and stand up all of a sudden from the futon. "What happened Kyle-san?"

"It's Hikaru…Take me to Hikaru…" Lantis said, as he shook Satoru by the shoulder.

"You shouldn't be too worried…She's resting. What harm can happen to her?"

"Nova."

"But that cannot be…"

"Stay here then. I will go to her on my own."

Suddenly, Kakeru and Masaru barged into the room. "Satoru-niisama…It's Hikaru-chan…she…" Without waiting for Kakeru to finish his sentence, Lantis pushed him out of the way and ran towards Hikaru's room. "Hey!"

"Let's go…" Satoru told his brothers.

***

"I thought we are going to play, Hikaru-chan…" Nova said.

"I don't know what we're going to do…"

"Are you afraid of darkness Hikaru-chan?"

"No…"

"Come over here…"

Hikaru hesitantly stepped into the darkness and then felt herself falling… "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Novaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Help me!!!"

She only heard Nova laugh and say, "Sorry Hikaru-chan. I told you it wouldn't be that easy. Ja ne!"

***

Hikaru found herself floating inside something that looked like a transparent spaceship…at least that was what she thought. "Where…where am I?"

"Magic Knight…" she heard someone say.

"Are you talking to me?"

"Magic Knight…It's time to fulfill your destiny…"

"My destiny? Magic Knight?" Images of two girls suddenly flashed in her mind… "Umi…Fuu…they are my friends…" More images of different people they had met … "Clef…Presea…Mokona…Ascot…Caldina,,.Lafarga" Memories of their journey came back to her. "Rayearth…I was able to summon Rayearth! We have to save Princess Emeraude!"

***

Lantis saw Hikaru's body vertically floating in mid-air, black and red aura surrounded her body, her eyes closed as if she's still in deep slumber. 'Just like when she was reforging her sword…'

"What the…" he heard Satoru said from behind him.

"Satoru-niisama…we don't know what happened…but she just suddenly rose up from her bed…" Masaru explained.

"And then we ran to tell you…" Kakeru said. "We tried to put her down, but flames suddenly just came out of nowhere. Something is preventing us from touching her."

Lantis willed his sword to appear on his hand, which shocked the younger Shidou siblings more. "NOVA! SHOW YOURSELF!"

"Tsk-tsk-tsk…Keep your voice down will you? I can hear you perfectly…" They heard someone say. Nova's ghost-like figure appeared from Hikaru's body.

"What are you doing, Nova?"

"I'm not doing anything! I'm helping Hikaru…"

"Helping?"

"I know…I know…I'm Hikaru's evil-self…blah blah blah…Never trust me…blah blah…"

"Tell me what's going on…or I'll…"

"You'll what? Kill me? Yeah right…You can never hurt me, Lantis. I am a part of Hikaru after all…Besides I was planning to tell you anyway…" Catching Lantis' glare, she said, "Okay! Okay! She's actually going through some kind of ordeal…"

"What kind of ordeal?"

"Geez, I'm on my way on telling you that! She has to pass a test to get her memories of you back…"

"And if she fail?"

"She'll die…Bye-bye Nova and Hikaru…" Kakeru was about to protest but Nova wouldn't let him, "…Nothing you can do about it brother dear. But don't worry, she'll get through this…she almost did die lots of times already…She may be weaker now but well…that's not much of a problem. Hey, have faith in her…Oh and by the way Lantis, congratulations…"

"What are you congratulating the gaijin about?" Masaru asked.

"He passed his own ordeal by protecting Hikaru. Oh and well he got himself a new Mashin God. If Hikaru pass this one, she'll get another Mashin."

"Is this what it's all about? We didn't ask for new Mashins…"

"You have no choice…They are made for the Chosen One and his or her chosen life-mate. And you do know that before anybody can get their Mashins they have to pass the test made for them…of course if they fail, they die. But I know you haven't heard of that legend, Lantis. It was made before the Pillar System was created. The elemental Mashins were created just in case those other two Mashins were awakened."

"What the hell is she talking about, gaijin?" Kakeru asked.

"How did you know all this?" Lantis asked, still doubtful.

"Let's just say…I was chosen to help with judgment her alright? Hey, at least be grateful that I was nice enough to give half of her memories of Sefiro back, in my own twisted way of course…Anyway I gotta go back to work…Ja ne!"

***

Grateful that the fight was finally over, Hikaru gave a contented sigh. 'Finally, Zagato is dead…we can all go home now…' She winced as she suddenly felt the wounds she had acquired from the recent battle though. Her cuts were deep, and blood was actually flowing from her wounds.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" The Magic Knights heard a feminine voice scream from the castle in front of them. They approached the palace, and saw a woman with long blond hair, crying.

"Who are you?"

"My name is Emeraude…"

"Princess Emeraude…You are safe now. Zagato is dead…"

"YOU! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KILLED MY BELOVED ZAGATO! YOU WILL PAY!!!"

"But we thought…"

"YOU KNOW NOTHING!!! PREPARE TO DIE!!!" Taking the lance that Zagato's Mashin once used as a weapon, Emeraude's white Mashin attacked the Magic Knights with full force. "YOU KILLED MY LOVE! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!!!"

"What is happening?" Hikaru heard Umi ask.

"I don't know…"

***

"I still cannot believe that our sister had gone all through those things," Kakeru said, after Satoru had told them about their sister's adventures in Sefiro and how Lantis followed Hikaru after she lost her memories. "No wonder she was really depressed before…"

"I admire her for staying strong after what had happened," Masaru said. "And I'm sorry about how I acted, Kyle-san."

"Me, too…I'm sorry…" Kakeru said. "You have saved our sister's life a lot of times already…I thank you for that."

"It was alright…" Lantis answered them.

"So what do we do now?"

"There is really nothing we can do…but pray she gets through this."

Suddenly, they heard Hikaru let out a sorrowful moan. "No…cannot kill…must save Princess Emeraude…no…" It was only then that the men noticed that Hikaru's body had suddenly become severely wounded---her own blood trickling on her bed sheets.

***

Hikaru was back in the room where she had met Nova, very exhausted and hurting all over. She heard Nova giggling nearby. "She died because of love…And I killed her…" Hikaru said, crying.

"So it was your sword that stabbed her…she asked for it."

"I killed her and Zagato…I am a murderer…"

"Go on and hate yourself for it…it wouldn't change anything. Emeraude is dead…and so is Zagato. They knew that their love is doomed at the first place."

"You don't understand!"

"Your self-hate and guilt from what had happened created me Hikaru-chan…Of course I understand…Our game isn't finished yet Hikaru…You promised you'd play with me…I told you you'll feel pain…But it's too late to stop now…Come Hikaru-chan…Play with me more…"

"No more…"

"No more eh? Let's see if this would change your mind…"

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Cliffhanger!!!! Hehehehe…What would make Hikaru change her mind? Oh btw…thanks fer the reviews peeps…