Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Remember The Past ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 12

Lantis knew exactly how much Hikaru was hurting. To relive that dark memory of Emeraude and Zagato's death would be too much for her to bear. The emotional pain she was feeling is far more worse than the physical pain she had been experiencing at this time. He wanted to hold her hand and at least give her comfort through that…but black and red flame appeared each time he tried to, as if warning him that he must not interfere.

Never had he ever felt as helpless as he does now. He could feel her slowly slipping away. He balled his fist tightly as he felt his knees gave away, making him kneel in front of the suffering Hikaru. "I'm sorry…I am so sorry…" he heard her whimper.

"Damn you Nova." He wanted to help her…he wanted to share her pain…He knew that he could enter her subconscious mind, but he would need a physical link. 'But how can I do that if I couldn't even touch her?'

"Kyle-kun…what is that?" Kakeru asked, pointing at the glowing object underneath Lantis' shirt.

Before he could even answer, the pendant he was wearing suddenly appeared on Hikaru's neck. "That is…"

"I've never seen her wear that for months…" Satoru said. "Hikaru told me you gave it to her."

"Yes…it was my mother's. Somehow when Hikaru lost her memories it came back to me." The pendant emitted a beam of light towards Lantis as if linking Hikaru to him. That was all he needed. "I am going to enter her mind. It would take a lot of energy and I might pass out again but do not worry about me. I cannot do much in there since it is her ordeal, but I can guide her at least…I will do everything in my power to bring her back."

"How can we ever thank you?" Masaru said.

"Don't thank me…at least not yet. There is still a big possibility that I might fail. She might die still…if that happens I will die with her…"

"We believe in you, Kyle-san," Satoru told him as he put his hand on Lantis' shoulder. "Do what you must." Lantis nodded and closed his eyes. 'Wait for me Hikaru…'

***

Hikaru gasped when Nova, along with a man in black armor appeared on the lighted area of the room. "Does he look familiar Hikaru-chan?"

"He…he's the man in my dreams…"

Nova giggled, touching the man's lips. "Do you know who he is?"

She looked at the man, who was staring blankly ahead as if he was in a deep trance. "What did you do to him?"

Nova laughed, bringing the man in a tight embrace. "Nothing much really…Tell me Hikaru-chan, do you want to know who he is?"

"I…"

"He is the one and only Magic Swordsman of Sefiro." Nova then turned to the man beside her. "What do you think about the Magic Knights?"

"They killed my brother," the man answered.

"No…"

"Oh sorry Hikaru-chan…I forgot to tell you, he is Zagato's younger brother. Hey, don't feel bad…"

"What are you talking about? You heard him! I killed his brother!" She ran towards the man and knelt in front of him. "Please sir…do what you want to do to me. Hurt me if you must…I am sorry for what I have done…"

"Tsk-tsk-tsk…Hikaru-chan…you're sounding so pathetic now…It makes me sick…But then of course, that was what you told him before too…Am I right, Magic Swordsman?"

"Yes. I told her they were just doing their duty."

"See Hikaru-chan, it wasn't really that bad…Tell me Magic Swordsman…What do you think about…Hikaru Shidou…"

"I hate her…" Deep inside Hikaru felt her heart break into little pieces. She never knew this man, but his words cut through her like a knife. It hurt her deeply.

"Ouch, didn't expect that…Want to tell us why you hate her?"

"She took everything away from me…I came back to Sefiro to destroy the Pillar System…but she took the chance away from me. She messed up my mind…took my heart away from my purpose…She made me weak…Because of her I was not able to avenge the death of my brother! Not only that she ended up destroying what I had vowed to destroy…but she also made me fall for her…made me believe that she loved me too…made me believe that we will be together forever. She made me believe in her lies! How easy for her to leave me alone and forget about me! She, who promised to be with me for eternity, left me without anything else to live for!"

"I didn't know…I'm sorry…I didn't know…" Hikaru felt herself weaken more.

"I protected her…loved her with all my heart…And what did I get? Nothing! She left Sefiro and did not return! She never cared for me…"

"I'm sorry…I am so sorry…" Hikaru cried. She knew that she had truly loved this man, even if she does not remember him.

"Poor, poor you…Hikaru-chan, how could you do this to him?"

"I don't know…I can't remember…I'm sorry…"

"Why are you crying? He doesn't mean anything to you! You don't love him…You don't even know his name! Don't cry Hikaru-chan…Let's ask him what he wants ne? Would that make you happy? I know it would…Magic Swordsman…what do you desire?"

"I want to end my suffering. The only way it could happen is when I'm dead."

"NO! DON'T!"

"Why not Hikaru-chan? This would make him happy, ne? He won't have to hurt anymore…He is just confusing you. You do not care about this man…He was a man of your past…What matters now is the present and future…To live in happiness with Lantis…What happens to him does not concern you."

"NO! NOVA!"

Hikaru watched helplessly as Nova kissed the man's lips. "Your wish is my command…Magic Swordsman…"

"Nova…Please don't! I'll do anything…just…don't…"

"Are you telling me that you want to spare his miserable life?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because…I loved him…even if I don't remember it now…I know…I…I don't want him to die…"

"What about Lantis then?"

"I don't know…I just…Please…don't let him die…"

"Will you play with me then Hikaru-chan?"

"I will play with you Nova…"

The view around her suddenly changed. She found herself standing on a cliff overlooking an arid wasteland. In front of her was a huge red Mashin. "Like my toy? It's almost the same as your Rayearth. Meet Regalia," the voice of Nova said coming from inside the Mashin. "It's just a simple game you see…Look here…" Hikaru's eyes widened when she saw the unconscious magic swordsman trapped inside Nova's Mashin. "All you have to do…is wake him up…Sounds easy right? Now how to wake him up would be your problem." Nova let out a loud laugh.

"Nova! Why do you have to do this?" Hikaru shouted. She raised her sword and called out loud, "RAYEARTH!" Once inside her Mashin, she started charging at Nova.

"Do you want to see a nice trick Hikaru-chan? I'll show you one…SANDASU!!!"

Hikaru felt a big bolt of electricity fell on her from the sky. "What the---"

Nova giggled… "It's his magic you know. Now that he is in Regalia's body I can control lightning too. Quite useful I might say…Come on Hikaru, you won't die just because of that."

Hikaru stood up. 'Hikaru…can you hear me Hikaru?'

'What the…Who?'

'The pendant…do you have the pendant?' It was only then that she noticed that she is now wearing the similar pendant that the man in her dreams gave her. It was glowing brightly. 'Hikaru-chan?'

'Is that you, Lantis?'

'I can speak to you through this pendant.'

'How did you---?'

'I gave you that pendant Hikaru-chan.'

'But he…that man…You mean…that is…you?"

'Yes, that was me…'

'I'm so sorry, Lantis…I left you all alone…I didn't know…'

'It's alright Hikaru-chan…I never really blamed you for anything. I know you loved me with all your heart…Is it not enough proof that even if we both lost our memories, we both ended up falling in love with each other again?'

'But you said…'

'That wasn't me…That was an illusion. Unfortunately, when I arrived here I found myself trapped in that body that Nova made. Maybe it was because it looked exactly how I was before. You have to wake my body up Hikaru-chan…'

'But…how?'

'Look inside your heart and you'll know the answer. I'm beginning to loose energy Hikaru-chan…Just remember, I believe in you.'

"What are you standing there for? I thought we are going to play…" Hikaru heard Nova say, in a voice oozing with mischief. "Oh well…I'll make you play then!" Hikaru nearly ended up with another fatal wound if she hasn't been able to react sooner. Thankfully, she was able to block Nova's attack with her sword. Nova grinned. "Now that was really nice Hikaru-chan. I am so glad I can play with you again...SANDASU!!!" Again, Hikaru received a huge blow from the lightning attack that Nova stole from Lantis, bringing her to her knees. "I told you it is very useful."

'He told me to look inside my heart…He was right…Even if I had forgotten our memories together I still love him…' A scene from her dream suddenly flashed in her mind. 'It was the same situation as this. The voice…the voice told me to call out his name.' Hikaru stood up, and then hit her sword on the ground. She felt her strength slowly come back in her body.

"What are you doing?"

"LANTISSSSSS!!!" Hikaru shouted out, ignoring Nova's question. "LAANNTTTTIISSSSSS!!!"

"You…"

"LAAAAAAAAAAAANTISSSSSSSSSSS!!!"

"SANDASU!!!" Both girls heard Lantis shout out loud, summoning another lightning strike…but this time, it was aimed at Nova's Mashin. The impact was stronger than Nova's previous attacks, setting her Mashin on fire. Hikaru, still inside Rayearth, hurriedly pulled Lantis out of Regalia and then placed him on the ground below. She then released Rayearth and then ran to Lantis' side.

"Are you alright?" she asked him.

"Yes."

They both saw Regalia disappear from their sight, leaving the wounded Nova standing in front of them. "You won…As I had expected you would," Nova told her. "I am so glad…I am also sorry for all the trouble I had caused. Please understand, since you lost your memories of Sefiro I ended up separated with you again…It was really hard for me, but I had to do it. I knew that your love for each other is strong, therefore, I agreed to become an instrument to prove this love." She then turned to Lantis, "I knew you'd find a way to be with her… Now I only have one more thing to do…and that is lead you to your new Mashins."

"You mean? This is a test to see if we are worthy to own these new Mashins?" Hikaru asked her.

"Did you think we can trust you again after all you had done?" Lantis angrily said to Nova. Hikaru took Lantis' hand though, motioning him to stop getting angry at her other self.

"I feel no malice in her Lantis-kun. You can trust her…"

"I will now bring you to them," Nova said.

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE: A few more chappies and am done!!! Yey…Hmm…Am thinking of another plot fer me new fanfic…Hmmm…anyway…Til the next chappie! Buh-bye!!!