Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Remember The Past ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 13

They found themselves surrounded by darkness. "We are in Sefiro at the same time not in Sefiro---The realm of the Mashin Gods," Nova told them.

"I think I know this place…" Hikaru said. "I think this is another dimension where the Mashin Gods live."

"How did you know?" Lantis asked her.

"Rayearth brought me here before…I'm starting to get my memories back…" Hikaru explained.

"You will have all of them back when we merge together again, Hikaru-chan," Nova said, smiling. "I think it is time to do that."

"Come back to me now, Nova…" Hikaru said, her arms wide open to receive Nova once more. Nova flew into Hikaru's arms and disappeared inside her body. This time, all that is left of her forgotten memories flashed in her mind---starting from her second journey to Sefiro until the day Lantis finally asked her to be his life-mate. That day was also the last time she came back to Sefiro… "Lantis…I remember everything…"

"Welcome to our realm Magic Knight…Magic Swordsman…" someone said behind them. Both turned around to and saw two Mashins…the same Mashins that Emeraude and Zagato used when they fought with the Magic Knights.

"You---!!!" Hikaru exclaimed, raising her sword as if getting ready for another battle.

"Do not fret, Chosen One, we will not battle this time, nor will we in the future," the black Mashin told them. "From this moment on, both of you are our new masters. I am Ares, and the white Mashin is Aphrodite."

"We both apologize for all the troubles we had caused…" the white Mashin said. "…but you see, it was necessary to prove that your love for each other are strong enough and that you are both worthy to be guardians of Sefiro."

"You mean, the memory loss is your doing?" Lantis asked.

"Well, not directly of course. We had to cast the Spell of Ephemeral Tribulation and it was the one responsible in creating conflicts in your relationship. In this case, it chose to trigger memory loss and energy loss," Aphrodite explained.

"You had broken the spell therefore, had proven yourselves worthy."

"You say that we were to be the guardians of Sefiro, but isn't that the job of the Magic Knights?" Lantis asked.

"It is the duty of the Chosen One. The Legend of the Magic Knights was created only upon the establishment of the Pillar System. Before that, Sefiro has a system much similar to what you have now, and the one you all call the "Pillar" was actually what fate had chosen to be Sefiro's guardian."

"Sefiro is a vessel of infinite power. The only one who can harness this power is the Chosen One. He or she will have to guard this power from evil beings and at the same time use it for the benefit of the people of Sefiro and it's neighboring planets if necessary. When the Chosen One takes a life-mate, this responsibility is to be shared and the couple undergoes a test similar to what you had underwent to ensure that Sefiro's power stays in good hands."

"We are the Mashins created for the Chosen One and the Chosen One's life-mate. Our duty is to aid and protect them if summoned," Ares said.

"You mean, Zagato was already Emeraude's life-mate?" Hikaru asked.

"Yes, before the final battle they had the opportunity to express their true feelings for each other. The Pillar System had already tested their love, and was no time for us to cast the Spell of Ephemeral Tribulation. They both knew that they will end up dying, but Zagato's will to protect Emeraude was so strong that Ares allowed himself to be used in the final battle. You were supposed to fight against me only," Aphrodite answered. "We knew it was their destiny to die together. Their case was different from what we had experienced."

"Your case was different also in a way that you are the first Chosen One from a place other than Sefiro," Ares told Hikaru. "You live in two worlds, and you are not bound to Sefiro as much as its citizen would be. You have the strongest will amongst the others also because you take your strength not only from yourself but also from the people that surrounds you. You admit to yourself that despite of your exceptionally strong will, you are not perfect, nor required to be. The spell that we cast on you has a way of probing inside your heart. It looks for your strongest point and takes it away from you."

"That is why, the spell chose to take away both of your memories. You are each other's strength as well as your memories of Sefiro are. The Chosen One's exceptionally high energy helps her to overcome all of the hardships that come in her way; it also gives her a more positive outlook on everything. The spell realized that, so it chose to slowly drain her of it, making her weak emotionally and physically and also less focused. The Magic Swordsman's exceptional skills in both magic and swordsmanship make him strong, and by taking away his memories, these characteristics are taken away from him also."

"But how come he was able to regain his memories before I have?"

"His will to protect you is very strong that it forcefully broke the spell. Do not think that it was because you love him less than he loves you. His test was to protect you at all times and at the same time, stay alive in the process. Without his magic and his swordsmanship skills, the task had been very difficult for him indeed. He had regained his memories out of desperation actually," Ares answered her.

"While your test was to regain a part of yourself that you had thought you would never loose again…"

"Nova…"

"Yes, and to be able to do that you have to go through things that you didn't want to go through again…some of it are Emeraude and Zagato's death, and the time when the one you love most is in the brink of death while you stood there feeling helpless."

"I understand now…"Hikaru said. "So this means it's all over now…"

"Yes, you can live your lives as you choose," Aphrodite told them. "But before you leave I would like to ask you to summon the elemental Mashin God Rayearth."

"Summon Rayearth?" Lantis asked.

"Now that you are now my mistress, I would have to merge with your Mashin, Chosen One…" Aphrodite explained to them.

"Please call me Hikaru…"

"Very well then, Mistress Hikaru."

Hikaru raised her sword up and then summoned her Mashin God. "RAYEARTH!" The red Mashin God appeared before them.

"Magic Knight…" Rayearth said.

"Rayearth, these are Ares and Aphrodite…"

"I have heard of them. They are the Ancient Ones…The Mashins created long before us…"

"Indeed that we are…I will now merge with you Rayearth…that is until the Chosen One lives…Are you willing to take my female form Rayearth?"

"Yes, Ancient One…It would be an honor to merge with you." And with that, Rayearth and Aphrodite shifted into their true form: Rayearth a flaming wolf and Aphrodite a tall and beautiful woman with golden hair and blue eyes. Aphrodite reached out her hand towards Rayearth and a sudden flash of blinding light came into view. When it was finished, a new Mashin stood in front of them. It had a female form like Aphrodite, only this Mashin had a red body instead of white.

"What name will I call out when I summon you then?" Hikaru asked the red Mashin.

"Reina."

"It is a beautiful name…"

"Thank you Mistress Hikaru."

"Our job for now is done. Magic Swordsman…you can summon me by my name. It is Ares."

"Yes Ares. Please call me Lantis from now on."

"We will now bring you back to Earth, Lord Lantis. From now on, both of you can also practice your magic in that world if you choose, it would not take too much energy from you anymore, Sefiro will provide all the energy you will need."

***

"Satoru-niisama, where have they gone to? Did you think they…?" Kakeru finally asked his older brother after they saw Hikaru and Lantis' bodies disappeared from their sight almost minutes before. "Satoru-niisama?"

"I remember that Nova-girl talking about Hikaru 'disappearing' if she fails…" Masaru said.

"I do not think she meant it literally," Satoru told his brothers. "I feel both of them are safe…I have full faith on your sister, and Lantis promised us that he would try his best to bring her back. Maybe they are already in Sefiro at this mo---" Satoru was cut off when Hikaru and Lantis suddenly appeared in front of them.

"Hikaru-chan! Our kawaiiiiiiiii imouto is back!!!" Kakeru cried out, trapping Hikaru into a tight hug.

"Hikaru-chan! We were soooo worried about you…Where did you go?" Masaru also hugged his sister tight as expected. As soon as they saw Hikaru turning blue, they finally let go of her.

"I guess Nova had teleported our true bodies in there huh?" Hikaru told Lantis. "I wonder why you were in your old form over there? You look like an 18 year old guy again."

"This is my 'earthly form' so to speak. I get my original body back when I am not on Earth," Lantis replied.

"We're sorry for what had happened, Hikaru-chan…" Kakeru started to say.

"And we apologized to the gaijin also. We know about Sefiro too…Satoru-niisama told us about it," Masaru seconded.

"Hey…where did all your wounds go?"

"Wounds?" Hikaru asked.

"You had been bleeding to death while you were asleep. When you were reliving your past battles in your subconscious mind, your body seemed to had been taking physical manifestations of your wounds."

"Here let me show you your bed covers…" Masaru said. "Ehhhh??? Nothing? But…"

"We shouldn't bother about it now. The most important thing is that our sister is safe," Satoru said. He then turned to Lantis, "It is already late, will you be staying over for the night?"

"No…I have to return to Sefiro and tell Clef about this."

"Why not go with me there tomorrow?" Hikaru asked.

"I am sorry Hikaru…but I had promised Clef that once I figure out what was happening I would tell him about it right away. We'll see each other tomorrow. You'll be coming back to Sefiro tomorrow right?"

"Yes…"

"I really have to go now…"

"Okay…see you tomorrow then…"

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Yey…sorry if I took too long to update. I had some kind of a writer's block…I mean I know how the plot would go I just dunno how to start the scene and all…Hehehehe…me a baka…Til next chappie…Ja ne!

Oh btw…someone asked me wot gaijin means…

Gaijin= foreigner