Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Sefiro High - Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Caldina saw Lafarga about to pass by the hall near the dance room. She made sure that nobody else is around and then hurried inside to execute her plan. She waited for the right moment that Lafarga would be in front of her door, opened the bottle with a spider in it and screamed. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!" she shouted at the top of her lungs, ran outside her classroom, and threw herself straight on the arms of her victim.

Lafarga did not notice the sly smile that had formed on Caldina's face, since she had clung to him tight. To him, she looked extremely shaken. "Miss Odoriko…"

"There's a spider in the dance room," Caldina whimpered, her lips quivering. "I do hate spiders…I'm so scared Mr. Dal. Can you please get rid of it for me? I can't work properly knowing there is such creature in the dance room."

"Uh…sure…Wait here, Odoriko-san," Lafarga said but Caldina held herself closer to him.

"Please don't leave me…"

"Well I have to go inside alone to get rid of the spider…" Lafarga said, blushing.

"Well then I'll go with you."

"But you're scared of spiders Odoriko-san."

"Yes, you're right, I am."

As soon as Lafarga entered the room, Caldina couldn't help having a big smile on her face. "Damn, am good!"

* * *

The last student has left the classroom and Emeraude is alone again. She sighed…at last, solitude. "Why did you leave me?" The question seemed to repeat in her mind over and over again. She had chosen not to answer. He wouldn't like the answer anyway. She told him it doesn't matter anymore, and it's better that they should forget about the past.

They had been the perfect couple in college. People were even sure that they would get married very soon. Yes, they had planned to get married, but neither of them thought it was the right time yet. They had decided to wait just a little while… So is that the reason why she left? No, she didn't get tired of waiting. So what was it?

It wasn't because she didn't love him, she had loved him with all her heart, and she loves him still. Years had past and she haven't forgotten him. It was as if he would always be a part of her.

It wasn't because she felt he didn't love her. She knows that he had loved her more than anything else in the world. He was a great lover. He had been very sweet, caring, and understanding. He almost worshiped the ground she stepped on. He adored her.

And yet one autumn day she had packed her bags without saying goodbye…

* * *

"Congratulations Miss. Vendeli, you're pregnant."

Emeraude couldn't believe it. "This couldn't be! Not now…" she said to herself. It is not that she does not want the baby. It just seemed to be bad timing.

Zagato had just lost his parents, who left him to manage a bankrupt school. He had been very determined not to sell it out, and he is struggling to keep it. She is sure that if she told him, he would not hesitate to marry her. "I would only add to his problems…"she had told herself. "No, I cannot let it happen…but what will I do?"

She hurried herself home and then as if in a trance, started packing her bags. After doing so, she sat on her bed, placed her hand on her tummy and started crying. She wiped her tears from her face. "Should I leave a note? Should I call him? If yes, what would I say? No…it's better if I didn't say goodbye. He would hate me… but maybe, that would be the best."

So she left him, deciding to take care of the baby by herself. She had missed him, and cried every-single night. Nine months later she gave birth to a dead child.

* * *

Eagle and Lantis was walking home when they passed by a bakeshop. "Hey Lantis, can you wait a sec? I just saw a cheesecake on the display window."

"Oh crap. Fine, just hurry up."

After a few minutes, he saw Hikaru, Umi and Fuu. He saw Hikaru say goodbye to her friends and then continued walking. "Ah! Sempai!" she said after seeing him. Then she seemed to notice something at the display window. "Waaaaaaahhhh!!!! Cheesecake!!!!" she quickly put her hand inside her pockets and then salvaged every coin left in it. Lantis just looked curiously at her as she counted the coins on her palm again and again. Hikaru sighed. Looking a little bit sadder now, Hikaru said goodbye to Lantis, sighing heavily as she walked away.

Eagle was actually surprised when Lantis entered the bakeshop. "Oi, what's taking u so long?" Lantis said.

"Well, I saw these brownies and the sans rival, and the chocolate mousse, and the lemonpie…"

"Okay, I get the picture." Turning to the storekeeper he said, "One box of cheesecake please."

"Hey! Is that for me?"

"Its not! And take your time. I'm going ahead. I just remembered I had to do something first," Lantis said after paying for his purchase. "Ja!"

He dashed out of the bakeshop and followed Hikaru, careful that she would notice him. After making sure that she is inside and that nobody was around, he took off his pen and wrote on the box, "For Hikaru Shidou." He then rang the bell, put the box on the doorstep and then left.

* * *

"Who is it???" Masaru said and opened the door. He saw noone, but found a box instead. He read the handwriting on the box, "For Hikaru Shidou."

"Who was that?" Satoru asked.

"Nobody."

"What's that you're holding?"

"It's for Hikaru."

"For me?" Hikaru said running towards the door.

"Hmm…how odd," Satoru said.

"Maybe, it's from an admirer or something," Kakeru told them, leaving Hikaru blushing. "Geo told me that there are some guys from the higher years that fancy sis."

"Hmm, maybe it's a practical joke. Open it," Satoru said. "We have to be sure, she's our baby sister after all."

"But brother!" Hikaru whined.

"No 'but's we are just making sure that you are safe."

"It looks like cheesecake!"

"A cheesecake? Who'd give Hikaru cheesecake?"

"I told you it must be some admirer…"

"Wait, it must be poisoned…We eat it first…"

"Brother!!!!"

"We are just making sure of your safety sis…Hmm…yummy…"Satoru said.

"I will taste too," Masaru said. "Oi, Kakeru, what are you doing there? You taste this too…"

"Brothers…"Hikaru pleading, teary-eyed.

"I guess to be a little bit more sure we should eat more of these."

"Waaaaahhhhh!!!! My cheesecake!!!!"

"I agree-- *munch munch* ---Brother, this seems to be a safe cake."

"Hmm, I guess so… You go and have some now too, sis."

Hikaru's face brightened but was shocked when she saw her cake. Her brother had left her only one slice! "Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!" she cried out loud.