Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Eagle yawned and then stretched his arms. He had slept in the library again, good thing nobody noticed. He will try to remember to put a big book in front of him again next time, just so people would think he was just reading. 'That was one of the best naps I've ever had.'

He stood up, deciding he should leave. He would have to bring the book back though, so he walked to the "RETURN BOOK" shelf. He yawned again and looked at his watch. 'Lantis would have gone ahead right now. He does hate to wait,' he told himself. 'Unless he's on top of some tree somewhere catching a snooze....but… if that's what he's doing he wouldn't want to be disturbed.'

"ACHOOOOO!!!!" he heard someone sneezed, along with the sound of what would have been a whole lot of books falling down the floor.

"SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" almost everybody in the room said. He then looked to see who it was. He found Hikaru behind him, her hand on her mouth, looking very embarrassed. He also found 3 encyclopedias and 2 dictionaries lying on the floor in front of her.

He almost laughed out loud, but caught himself before doing so. He just decided to help her out. He walked towards her and helped her gather the mess. "Where would you want to put these?" he said in a half-whisper.

"I was just on the way of returning them sempai," she answered him.

"ACHOO!!!" It was Eagle's turn to sneeze and be hushed. This time, he couldn't help himself from laughing, Hikaru joining him.

When he realized what they had done, it was already too late. The librarian was already in front of them. After hitting both of them on the head with a fan, the librarian told them to get out of the library, in a low voice of course.

Once outside, both of them started laughing loudly. When he finally stopped laughing, he found himself staring into Hikaru's smiling face. 'She looks so cheerful. No wonder Lantis is captivated by her.' "Hey Hikaru-chan."

"Yes sempai?"

"Where are you going to after this?"

"Home sempai."

"I see."

"By the way, thanks for helping me…" As usual, she rummaged through her pockets for a piece of candy to give, but alas, there wasn't a piece inside.

"What? No candies?" Eagle said pretending to pout.

"Sorry sempai."

"Haha, its ok really," Eagle told her.

"But I owe you a favor."

"Hmm…actually, there's something you can help me with."

"What is it sempai?"

"There's a new café down the street that serves great cakes with their tea. And it would be pretty boring if I go alone."

"…But I don't have money sempai."

"Who said about you spending money? It's my treat Hikaru-chan. I just need company that's all. So, would you acknowledge my request? Unless of course, a boyfriend would be jealous."

"Oh no, sempai! I don't have a boyfriend!"

"So it's a yes then?"

"Well, ok."

"Good, let's go!" He quickly took Hikaru's hand and then ran towards the school exit. "Just think of it as a date Hikaru-chan," he said winking at her. He then saw her blush instantly. "Hehe...just kidding…"

* * *

Fuu and Ferio are sitting on the living room of the Huouji residence. Looking at the Ferio's long quiz results, it seemed that he is getting much better. "I can't believe I passed this one Fuu-chan."

"It's because you are persevering Ferio-san," Fuu said, smiling at him.

"Hey, how about we celebrate huh? Come on, it's my treat. Let's just say that this is my way to give you thanks."

"Well…you really don't have to."

"I want to. Please???" Ferio said.

"Oh all right."

* * *

Alcyone had noticed Zagato had been acting strange lately. He is now more cheerful...it would have made her happy. But it didn't because she knew that it was because of Emaraude. Since then, Alcyone had been thinking of what to do to get rid of her competition to Zagato's heart. She had figured that it would be better to get to know her enemy first. And to be able to do that, she have to befriend her. It would really be hard for her to do so; the sight of Emeraude makes her puke with disgust. Yet, she has to do it, it would be worth it in the long run. Who knows, she might uncover a skeleton in Emeraude's closet.

She smiled and silently congratulated herself for being clever. Emeraude looks too nice… too trusting. 'When I am through with her, she wouldn't know what had hit her.'

She saw Emeraude walking down the corridor and decided to make her move. It didn't seem as if Emeraude saw her yet. Perfect…just perfect. She put her hands on her face and then pretended to cry. "Miss Vidal!" she heard Emeraude gasped. "What is wrong?"

Tears were actually falling down her face now. Rubbing her eyes repeatedly did the trick. "Nothing Miss Vendeli."

"Please tell me, maybe I can help."

"I don't want to bother you with my personal problems."

"I want to help you."

"I saw my boyfriend flirting with another girl…and I…" she started sobbing.

"Aww, Miss Vidal…" Emeraude said hugging her. Alcyone thought she would laugh out loud. She pretended to sob louder instead.

'I hate you Emeraude Vendeli! I hate you more than anyone else in the world! And you are going to pay.'

* * *

'Here he is again.' Caldina giggled as she hid near the stairs. She went two steps up and waited until Lafarga is almost in front of her. She pretended to trip, which is very dangerous, but as a dancer, she knows everything about the right timing. She ended up, as she had planned, in Lafarga's arms.

"Oh my! That was really close." Caldina told him. "Thanks honey, you're my hero," she added, batting her eyelashes.

Lafarga blushed and stammered, "Ju-just be ca-careful next time, Miss Odoriko."

"Call me Caldina, honey."

"Yes Caldina."

"You can put me down now." Caldina said. "Thanks honey." She gave her a quick kiss on his cheek. She left him frozen at his place. When she was far away, she giggled and said out loud, "I can't believe I did that!!!"