Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Umi is walking happily with her friends and carrying two lunchboxes on her hand. She had decided to thank Clef by making him lunch today. The only thing making her nervous now is giving it to him.

"Don't worry Umi-chan, he'll take it," Hikaru said.

"I really hope so…Anyway if he doesn't we'll just share it all together, ne?"

"…But we have lots to eat already…"

"…I know…Oh well, let's hope that he eats this one…" She sighed. 'I really hope he does…' she said as she remembered what had happened last Friday…

* * *

"All of the ingredients are here already," Umi said cheerfully. She is feeling better now. Clef had been very nice to accompany her, and she is really having a good time.

"How many cakes do you have to bake that you seem to have bought the whole store?" Clef complained, carrying 2 big grocery bags.

"Hey! You did offer to help you know."

"Of course I know! You haven't been failing to remind me every 5 minutes!"

Umi giggled. "What now?"

"Nothing…You just can't help being too grumpy huh?"

"Whatever!" Clef told her scowling. "…Don't tell me I have to carry this to your place…"

Umi giggled again. "Wait here, I'm going to call my driver."

"What happened to those cute little cellular phones girls should be carrying around and stuff?"

"I forgot to bring it…now stay put." Umi was about to go when they heard their stomachs growl at the same time. "Hehe…I think that means we'd better go eat first."

"But in one condition…"

"What?"

"My treat?"

"Okay…I have this certain craving for pasta…"

"Me too…"

"Lets go?" Clef nodded. They headed to a nice yet classy Italian restaurant a few blocks away. "I didn't know you're very classy Clef…"

"Huh?"

"What do you like most of this place? Was it the service? The ambiance?"

"Oh, I just don't like noise too much…"

A sweat drop appeared on Umi's forehead. "Oh okay…"

There was silence between them while they ate. "Oi…" Clef finally said after they had finished.

"Yes?"

"You really okay now?"

Umi nodded. Clef had been really nice to her. She started crying again. "I really can't thank you enough."

"What now? Hey, stop that! Come on! I thought I was doing a good job cheering you up you know!"

"You are…"

"Well, then stop crying ok?" Clef took his handkerchief from his pocket and wiped Umi's tears. "Why are you crying this time?"

"…It's just that your so good to me and…"

"You're crying because I am being good to you? I really can't understand women…Aww…Come on…Stop crying now, please?"

Umi nodded and then took the handkerchief from Clef's hands to wipe the tears off her face herself.

"Good. Now go give me a favor and go to the women's room to freshen up. Powder your nose or something…Retouch your make-up or whatever…Just don't let me have to see that 'just-cried' look on your face…Man, I do hate to see women cry…"

"How can I be sure you won't run away and leave me here to pay the bill?" she told him with a smile on her face.

"For a beautiful girl, Umi-chan, you have a lousy sense of humor…Now just shut up and go…and call that driver of yours while you're at it!"

She left him as he called for the waiter and paid their bill. She followed what he told him and then came back looking fresh and cheery. Somehow, him calling her "beautiful" added up to her cheerfulness. She didn't also forget the fact that he had finally used her nickname. She flashed him her most charming smile as she said, "The driver will be here in 10 minutes."

"You brought your face powder but forgot your mobile phone. How practical!"

"Hey at least you won't have to see me looking too miserable," Umi said.

"Admit it, your just too sassy." Umi laughed. Looking very serious, Clef told her, "…Kidding aside, seem to be really okay now…I'm really glad."

"If it wasn't for you I would be still in that park feeling miserable for myself."

"I just don't want to see a woman crying that's all…"

"Yeah, you've told me that a couple of times. If you have nothing to do tomorrow, you can go to my place for tea."

"Nah, I have a prior engagement for tomorrow afternoon."

"I see…"she said sounding very disappointed.

"Maybe next time…"

"Yeah…"

* * *

"There they are!" she heard Hikaru say. She looked at the direction where Hikaru is pointing and saw Clef and Ascot. She walked hurriedly to them, leaving her friends a few paces behind her. 'So now I can thank him properly…'

She was almost halfway there but was stopped short from her tracks when she saw a girl with long brown-blond hair running towards Clef, waving her hands at the two boys. She saw the girl give a lunch box to Clef. She saw Clef smile and scratch his head. 'He does sure like an idiot,' she told herself. She then remembered the extra lunchbox she's carrying and felt really disappointed. She was about to turn around and walk away when she heard him calling her, " Well if isn't Miss Sassy!"

"Hello old man," she said. It wasn't long until the two boys were with her already. "Hi Ascot."

"Hello Umi," Ascot said, blushing.

"What's that? Extra lunchbox? You must watch your weight Umi-chan, or you'll get really fat."

"Actually I was planning to give it to Ascot here."

"Reaallly??? For me???"

"Why would you give him that?"

"Why not? He's been awfully nice to me since day one so I decided to give him obento."

"Waaaahhh!!! Thanks a lot Umi-chan!!!!!" Ascot said, teary-eyed.

"Hmph! Whatever!" Clef said.

"Umi-chan! What happened? Why did…"

Before Hikaru would spill the beans Umi cut her short. "Well nothing happened Hikaru, I just gave Ascot 'his' obento." She made sure that she emphasized the word 'his'. "Let's go now?" And then turning to the boys, "Eat well! And oh, Ascot… the fried prawns are really delicious." She turned around, took her friends' hands and walked away. She made sure not look back at the two boys, especially at Clef.

"Ne, Umi-chan…"

"Yes Hikaru-chan?"

"Why is it that you gave the lunch box to Ascot?"

"Well because someone had already gave Clef obento. And it's such a shame for food to go to waste right?"

"…But you really worked hard for that…"

"I know Hikaru, that's why its better that it won't go to waste ne?"

"Umi-san…"

"Yes Fuu-chan…"

"Are you going to make him lunch again?"

"I don't know Fuu-chan…" Umi answered. Held tightly on her hand, was Clef's handkerchief she forgot to return to him.