Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Sefiro High - Chapter 30 ( Chapter 30 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The classroom is finally completely decorated, all the students of the class 1-A had to do was to bring in the necessary equipments. "Let me see, we need a 2 big refrigerators, a very big oven, blender, coffee maker…" Fuu said reading out her list.

"Don't worry about the big appliances, we'll take care of those…" Franco Vendeli said as he and his son entered their room. "Oh hello Vendeli-sama…"

"How many times did I tell you that you could call me 'Papa'…you're engaged to my son after all…"

Fuu blushed, sweatdropped and suddenly got tongue-tied. She had found out that Ferio's father is very much used to having things in his way. Even if she had the gall, this is not the right moment to contradict him and discuss about wedding engagements. Her classmates had been giving her teasing looks though, which made her very uncomfortable…

"Papa, stop it! You're embarrassing her!" Ferio said. "Sorry guys, he insisted he wanted to go with me so I can show him around and meet my sister."

"Thank you for your generous offer…" Fuu was able to say.

"It's really nothing…" Franco told the girl. He then turned to Ferio and then said, "Let us find your sister now shall we? After that you can go and help your classmates." Both father and son left the room.

"Well at least we wouldn't have to worry about those appliances…" Clef said. "Fuu's father-in-law will take care of that! Awwww----!!! Hey!!!" Umi just gave her boyfriend a sweet smile after giving him a nice, big, jab on his stomach. "My God woman! What are you trying to do? Kill me?"

"I'm just trying to shut your trap dear…"

"What a nice choice of words!"

"Shuddup old man!"

"Make me, sassy!"

"Old man!"

"Sassy!"

"Old man!"

"Sassy!"

"Ehem! Can we continue now???" Fuu said, smiling.

* * *

Emeraude got the biggest surprise in her life when she opened the door of the faculty room. "Papa!" she exclaimed. And then again when she hugged her father, "Oh Papa…I missed you!"

"Hey…my, you got your height from your mother…"

"Papa!"

"Hahaha…just kidding…I missed you too…"

Ferio could not believe what he's seeing, his sister was actually "glad" to see their father! Not that he wanted her to get angry at him, it's just that it was kind of an odd reaction. He hadn't bothered visiting her for years after all. "You…you're not angry at him?"

"Huh? Why should be angry at Papa?"

"Well, he hadn't visited you since the divorce right?"

Laughing out loud, his father said, "Of course I visited her since the divorce! What kind of father did you think I am?"

"Oh…I thought you were angry at Mama and all, that's why you won't let me visit."

"I wasn't angry at her. I was very much in love with her! But then of course she couldn't get used to Italy. She wanted us to move to Japan, but I can never leave my country. Somehow it became a big problem… Anyway we ended up having a divorce…But I do visit Emeraude very often…and your mom. See Ferio, I never loved any other woman in my life except for her."

"Well why didn't you tell me about it then?!"

Emeraude giggled. "You know how Papa is, Ferio…You're his only son…And Mama told him it would be best if you stay in Italy and not visit her."

"Ah, but this rebel boy of mine decided to leave Italy and run away to Japan. Oh well, he is old enough I suppose…As long as he comes back there when he gets married…I don't mind. Well then Ferio, you can leave both of us now. You go run and help those classmates of yours."

With a sigh, Ferio said, "Yes, Papa…" And then left.

Noticing the diamond ring on his daughter's hand, Franco said, "So the jerk finally asked you to marry him eh?"

"Papa! Zagato is not a jerk!"

"Whatever, I want to meet him."

"Maybe later? We'll have dinner together…"

"I want to meet him now…"

"You still haven't changed father…Very well…I don't think he's not that busy today anyway." His daughter took his hand and led him towards Zagato's office. After she knocked at the door, they heard someone say 'Come in' from inside the room, and then they entered.

Recognizing the resemblance of his fiancée to the man beside her made Zagato realize that he was actually in front of Emeraude's father. "I wasn't expecting to meet you today, Mr. Vendeli. My name is Zagato Sol," introducing himself and extending his hand for a handshake. He was not expecting the sudden punch Franco gave him on his face, however, which had really shocked him.

"Papa!" Emeraude exclaimed.

"That was for making my daughter wait too long…I just had to do it." What Franco did and said after that made Zagato more surprised. The older man actually gave Zagato a quick yet warm embrace and told him, "I am welcoming you to my family. From now on, you are my son…Don't worry…I won't hit you again. I don't think you'll be hurting my daughter in the future."

Zagato sighed in relief. That didn't stop him from thinking of how weird his father-in-law is though.

* * *

Lantis smiled sweetly at the lovely red-haired girl beside him. She smiled back at him and then leaned on his shoulder. They just sat there for a while, not saying anything. No exchange of words was necessary between them, both were contented with just the idea of them being with each other. At that time nothing else mattered…

"LANTIS-SAMAAAAAAA!!!!" That is until a familiar voice was heard from a not-so-distant location, disturbing the young couple's solitude.

"Goddammit!!!" he muttered the blasphemy under his breath. It was too late for Lantis to escape as usual, for he's already caught in a death-grip by, of course, Primera. He closed his eyes for a while, at the same time asking the Maker to give him more patience…When he finally opened his eyes, he saw Primera glaring at Hikaru, her grip tightening on his arm that it almost hurts. He looked at Hikaru and raised his eyebrows when he saw her looking very much amused, not being threatened at all. "Get your hands off me…"

Hikaru couldn't help but giggle at Lantis' irritated expression. She ceased giggling when Primera shot her a scarier glare though, not because she was scared but because she didn't want to offend the blue-haired girl in front of her. She kept the amused look in her eyes though. "You!" Primera said pointing at Hikaru. "Hikaru Shidou…I challenge you to a pie eating contest!" That was enough to make both Lantis and Hikaru face-fault. Both took all their will not to burst out laughing. "The winner of the contest will be the one to have Lantis' heart!"

"I've already chosen Hikaru…"

"If Hikaru wins, I won't bother you anymore…" Primera said.

"I'll do it!" Hikaru said. "I accept your challenge, Primera-chan!"

"You don't have to do that!"

"She said if I win she wont bother you anymore and that's what you want right, my love?"

"So it is settled! A pie-eating contest on the first day of bunkasai! BUWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" And with that Primera left.

* * *

Hikaru gave Lantis a quick peck on the cheek before she got out of the car. "Thank you for helping our class with the grocery shopping."

"It's nothing really. I'm glad I can help."

Lantis and Eagle actually accompanied Hikaru, Umi, Ascot and Clef to the grocer's to by the ingredients and other items needed for the café they are going to have for the bunkasai.

"See you tomorrow, Lantis-kun."

"See you, my love."

She took a deep breath and entered the door. "Tadaima!"

"Okaeri nasai!" her brothers said, almost at the same time. She found herself being hugged by the three of them all of a sudden. "I heard you're having a café right? Kakeru told us…" Masaru asked.

"Yes…"

"Can we get free snacks???" Kakeru said.

"Oi! You two stop that…" Satoru scolded the two. "We don't mind if you give us free snacks though."

"'Kaa-san said that she won't be able to come…" Kakeru said.

"Aww, that's too bad. Oh before I forget, where's that money for the tickets I told you to sell Maseru?"

Masaru scratched his head and then took a folded envelope out from his side pocket. "Here…"

"Oh, Masaru, Eagle-sempai told me to give you these…" Hikaru said, giving him tickets to Eagle's coming race.

"Wow! This is cool! He's a senior at your school right? And the vice captain of your club too." Hikaru nodded. "That's really nice…Oh by the way, speaking of seniors, we wanna know those seniors that's been courting you."

"Whattt???"

"Yeah…we wanna know so we can kick ass!"

"Masaru, no harsh language in front of your sister," Satoru said. "But if you really know them, let us know ok? In that way, we can teach those bastards a lesson." Kakeru sweatdropped, Hikaru went pale…This is not going to be good.

Kakeru whispered to his sister, "We're going to be in deep trouble sis."