Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Sefiro High ❯ Sefiro High - Chapter 31 ( Chapter 31 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

There's one thing could describe class 1-A's temporary kitchen: a big mess. Flour is scattered almost everywhere, and can even be found on the heads of the ones in charge in baking the items that are to be set on the menu. It seems like wearing aprons didn't help them much, since it looked like they had just bathed on a pool filled with flour. Despite of the mess their kitchen is going through, it never did affect the taste of the freshly baked delicacies they're making, Umi made sure of that.

"Remind…me…why…I'm doing…this…again…" Clef told his friend beside him, while kneading the dough on his hands in what looks like a very violent manner.

"Whoa…easy with that dough my friend, we wouldn't want that to turn into a rock…Anyway, you're doing that because Umi asked you to and you just couldn't say no to her," Ascot answered him with a taunting smile. "I think you should let that rest now."

Clef let out a groan out of exasperation, put the dough on a plastic wrap and put it on the ref next to him. "You know what? I've never tasted anything that Umi had baked."

"She gave you lunch lots of times right?"

"I know, but that's different."

"Clef-kun, finished with the dough?" Umi asked, hugging her boyfriend from behind. "Can you give me a litttleeee favor?"

He rolled his eyes and then said, "What now?"

"I wonder if you could help me decorate the cake I made? I just need to put the finishing touches and well have it sliced and displayed and all…"

"Why don't you just spread the icing on it and leave it like that? It's gonna be sliced and eaten anyway…"

"Presentation is always important Clef-kun…Pleaaassseee?" she told him with a fake pout.

"Better go with her now Clef, I'm beginning to get jealous," Ascot told him with a grin. Clef raised his eyebrow and then went with his girlfriend knowing that what his friend said was half-true.

The couple bumped into Fuu, who asked, "I've been looking for you! Are the pies for the contest ready?"

"Yes Fuu-chan."

Fuu let out a sigh. "Good, we'll start in a few minutes more."

When Primera told them her crazy idea of a pie-eating contest, they hesitated, but the genius in Fuu decided to use it as an opportunity to bring people in their café. The rumor about the challenge that Primera had openly declared to Hikaru, had made it more interesting for the students in Sefiro High. It seemed that Fuu's plan had worked though, since they could see people are beginning to flock inside, waiting for the said contest to take place and ordering breakfast. The money they had spent for such an event looks like to have already been paid for by the students sitting comfortably, waiting for the much-awaited contest to start.

"You do seem quite tensed, Fuu-chan."

"I have a weird feeling Umi-san. I'm sure Primera-san is planning something…"

* * *

No matter how ridiculous the contest may sound to him, Lantis was looking forward to it. It is not because of the same reasons the other students have, but because it's his Hikaru who was joining and anything that concerns his little red-haired princess is worth his attention. Knowing Hikaru's appetite quite well, Lantis had no doubt that she will win.

Eagle was of course, with him too. The silver-haired senior wouldn't want to pass this event, at the same time, pass a nice cup of cappuccino and several pieces of freshly baked croissants and doughnuts that he had ordered. Sometimes it makes Lantis wonder where his friend put the food he eats. At least with Hikaru, he knows that every bit of sugar, cholesterol and whatnots she consumes are efficiently burned. Her ever-genki attitude is enough proof for that.

He let out a yawn. Lantis never did like waiting. He glared at his friend beside him who was noisily munching on a piece of sugarcoated doughnut. "Can you please eat without making too much noise???"

"You should eat something, Lantis. Try some of these…the coffee is making you too nervous," Eagle answered him, smiling.

Lantis gave a loud, "Hmph" instead, and sipped his black coffee. It tasted too bitter for him. What the…No black coffee is supposed to be too bitter for Lantis Sol. He figured it might need a little bit of sugar. Sugar! Lantis Sol never needed sugar for his coffee! It must be the result of his frequent visits to some sweets, and ice cream shops with Hikaru. Not to mention those cafés that serves a wide range of desserts. And it all started when Hikaru gave him that strawberry flavored candy…He then remembered that he never drank black coffee since then.

"LANTIS-SAAAAMMAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" Lantis let out an 'Ooof!' as soon as Primera's arms embraced him. "I'm soooooo glad that you're here to watch the contest!"

"I'm here to watch Hikaru."

Primera ignored his reply, hugging him very tight. "Awwww, I'm going to win Lantis-sama! You and me are going to be together forever and ever!" Lantis didn't bother to reply, he knew she is not going to listen. Besides, her death-grip is making him difficult to breathe, much more talk. "Anyway, I just figured I should see you before the contest! See you later Lantis-sama!!!" And with that, she left, her evil laugh along with her.

Lantis caught Eagle grinning at him while having a very amused twinkle in his eyes. "Wipe that grin of your face Eagle, you're looking ridiculous." His friend laughed at him instead. Lantis frowned. Eagle laughed louder. "Shuttup or I'm going to kill you." Eagle then clamped his mouth shut. Lantis smirked.

* * *

"Hikaru-chan…" Primera said, as she approached her rival. Holding two glasses of water on her hands.

"Primera-chan…"

"You look quite nervous…"

"Yeah…"

"Me too…Here, have some water. You must be thirsty…"

"Thank you, Primera-chan."

Primera smiled sweetly at the girl beside her. She put enough stuff in the water to make Hikaru feel uncomfortable enough to make Primera win. She wouldn't really want Hikaru rushing to the bathroom…Besides, the effects would wear off in maybe 30 minutes… 'Now I'm sure of my victory!'

* * *

"Ahem…ahem…Ohayo gozaimasu, minna-san! We are going to start the much-awaited pie eating contest between Hikaru Shidou and Primera Faerie," Ferio said as he stood on the front, holding a microphone on his hands. The crowd cheered upon hearing it. "Our first contestant, Primera Faerie!" Primera waved at the crowd and sat on her appointed seat. "Our second contestant, Hikaru Shidou! Who will be the one to win Lantis Sol's heart?"

"Goddammit! Why did he have to include that statement?" Lantis shifted on his seat out of uneasiness. Even though he was sure that Hikaru would win, he had this weird feeling that something might go wrong. He looked at his nervous girlfriend as she sat down. He gave her a reassuring smile when he met her gaze. She nodded at him.

"Each contestant would have to eat all the 30 whole pies as fast as they can. The one who eats all the pies in a shorter amount of time wins. Are you both ready?" The two girls nodded. "Okay, ready…get set…go!"

The first 10 pies, was easy. Hikaru hasn't eaten dinner last night and she didn't eat breakfast this morning. She has enough room in her stomach for 20 more. On her 25th pie she felt something odd. Her stomach started to hurt. It made her stop eating.

When Hikaru put down her fork, Lantis knew that there was something wrong. He chose to remain in his seat and observe for just a while. He watched as his girlfriend wiped her sweaty forehead. When he saw that she's beginning to get pale he run towards the stage and then told Fuu, "Stop the contest."

"But Lantis-sempai…"

"Something is wrong…" he told her. He didn't wait Fuu's reply but ran to Hikaru's side. "Hikaru-chan…"

"Go back to your seat Lantis…It's just that my stomach hurts a bit," she said. "I can manage…"

"No you can't…"

"Yes I can…besides, lots of people are watching…" He knew by then that she would not listen to him until the contest is over. He hates it when Hikaru gets really stubborn.

"Hey what's goin on!!!" someone from the crowd shouted. It made the rest of the people watching quite restless and made Lantis really pissed off.

"You want your damn show, I'm gonna give you your damn show!" Lantis shouted at the people in front of him. "Gimme that!" he told Hikaru, snatching the fork from her fingers and started eating the pie in front of her.

The crowd sat frozen on their seats as they watched the great Lantis Kyle Sol finish 5 whole pies all by himself in record time. Even Primera stopped eating, her mouth wide open as she watched the young man beside her, known to be as a man who hated sweet stuff with passion, gobble up the pies before him without even flinching.

After the last bite, he said, "Thirty pies, done. We win. Crowd happy. Contest finished." He then stood up and carried Hikaru out of the room and to the school clinic. This time, Primera finally acknowledged her defeat.

* * *

"I still can't believe you did that," Hikaru told Lantis who was walking with her towards the only cherry-blossom tree in their school. "And to think you didn't like sweet things…"

"Well, actually, I don't really hate sweet stuff anymore…"

"Oh?"

"I'm beginning to have a sweet tooth…I must have gotten it from you…"

"You make it sound like a sickness Lantis-kun."

"Not really…"

"That was quite a show back there…"

"I had to do it, you were too stubborn." They were standing face to face now, both lost in each other's eyes. Lantis leaned over, his lips touching hers.

"BAKERO!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO MY SISTER?!" They heard someone shout behind them.

Hikaru pulled herself away from the kiss as soon as she recognized whose voice it was. "Masaru-nii-chan!!!" she exclaimed. "A-anou…e-etooo…" She then hurriedly positioned herself in front of Lantis, getting ready to defend him if necessary.

Lantis stared at the former-kendo captain who was also Hikaru's brother. He watched as Kakeru pull Masaru backwards, trying to stop his brother from getting violent on Lantis. Lantis gently pushed Hikaru towards his back though, telling her with his eyes that he can take care of himself. "TEMEEEE…"

Noticing his sister's actions, Satoru decided to calm his furious little brother instead. "Stop it Masaru!" Satoru said, at the same time hitting the top of his brother's head.

"ITAI YO!" Masaru wailed. "WHAT'D YOU DO THAT FOR!"

"You're too loud. Baka."

"HE WAS KISSING HIKARU FOR GOD'S SAKE!"

"Urusai!" Satoru told Masaru. "Hikaru…"

"Yes, 'Nii-sama…"

"Tell me what's going on…"

Much to their surprise, Lantis stepped forward, gave a low bow before the three and said, "I apologize for all this trouble. I am Lantis Kyle Sol. It is all my fault. I am ready to take any punishment you would like to give to me."

Satoru raised his eyebrow as he looked that the young man, who was obviously his sister's boyfriend, before him. "Do you know anything about this Kakeru?"

"Yes, 'Nii-sama…"

"For how long has this been going on?"

"For a few months now…" A few months and Kakeru haven't told him! Satoru looked at his sister as she run towards the young man and hold his hand.

"Very well, you can relax now…" Satoru said. It was only then that Lantis stood straight from his low bow.

"WHAT THE HELL…"

"I will not tolerate that kind of tone in front of me Masaru!" He then turned to Lantis. "You are my sister's boyfriend, I presume?" Lantis nodded. "You must know that all of us three had decided long ago, that we had to test anybody who dare try to have a relationship with our sister."

"I understand."

"Kakeru had always been good in assessing a person's inner quality. The fact that he approved of you would only mean that you have good character, which matches to Hikaru's giving and innocent personality. But that is not the only characteristic that we expect from the man who would own Hikaru's heart…"

"You will have to defeat with one of us…" Kakeru explained.

"And since Masaru here had been itching to have a fight with you, he will have his fight. If you win against him, then we accept you, if you do not, you would have to train more until you can defeat one of us. I would prefer if we have the duel as soon as possible."

"That can be arranged…" Lantis said.

"Very well…"

"School gym, after lunch," Lantis told them. "Hikaru, I suggest you go with your brothers for now. I will have to prepare for the duel." Hikaru nodded. She watched as Lantis turned around and walked away.