Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ The blood of a knight ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Blood of a Knight

The guests crowded around the newlyweds fling rice, sugared almonds and coins. The bridegroom hide under his new wife's veil and embraced her laughing to defend from the rain of rice.

" I love you Fuu-chan."

Fuu smiled: even if that day was a dream's crowing achievement, her eyes were veiled by a deep sadness. Seiji tightened her more, to remove that sadness from her glance at least for one instant, and he gave her a chaste kiss on her lips.

The general happiness kept on in the party too, in the Kisaragi family's mansion's garden: the Old Houojii was happy that his favored granddaughter has married a Kisaragi family's member. Sure, Seiji and Fuu was only sixteen years old and had a last year of high school before college, but both families had accepted the thing and had provided to help the couple, considering the circumstances. In a way, Betsy Houojii and Michiru Kisaragi had foreseen that marriage: their children known each other since kindergarten and they went to schools together, never parting. It was obvious that those two would have gotten married, sooner or later: it was just that nobody imagined so early! Seiji and Fuu had their good reasons to speed times up. After all, everybody was happy.

Or better, almost everybody. Hikaru and Umi were not able to understand Fuu: it was positive try to move on with their own life after the experience lived in Sephiro, but get married after just two months and half was too much! Fuu was too serious to forget Ferio and what they felt for each other so early, to throw herself in the arms- and in the bed- of an other boy, ignoring that this would made heartbroken whom had risked his own life to save her from Pharen. The two girls exchanged an understanding glance: as soon as possible they would have asked explanations to Fuu. The moment presented itself at the end of the party, when Fuu must change to go to the airport.

Fuu was unbuttoning her wedding dress when Hikaru and Umi came in the room. Fuu smiled weakly and said:

" You come in the right moment: could help me with this buttons?"

But Umi grabbed her shoulders and made her sit on the bed: her eyes were full of anger and disgust and her voice sounded full of resentment.

" Why, Fuu, why are you doing this to Ferio? I understand that you want to forget, but marry Kisaragi-kun after only two months and half after coming back from Sephiro is too much!"

Fuu bit her lower lip: their charges were right. Hikaru took Fuu's hands and said with watery eyes.

" Haven't you thought that perhaps a day we'll go back to Sephiro? Don't you have wondered that a day you'll meet Ferio again? Please Fuu-chan, answer me!"

Fuu didn't dare to look her friends; she then burst in tears. A puzzled Umi looked Hikaru embrace Fuu and try to soothe her.

" Hikaru-san, Umi-san: plea-please, try to understand me..."

* * * * * * *

26 years after, Airport of Tokyo

Seiji, Fuu and their son Saiki searched in the crowd that got out of the customs: after seven years lived in the United States, their daughter went back Tokyo to spend a whole month of vacation before her mission. Suddenly Saiki pointed out a woman and exclaimed:

" She's there! Mom, dad, do you see her? Hey! Emma!"

The woman shook her hand and joined her family. Seiji embraced Emma and kissed her cheek; Fuu too embraced her daughter with eyes full of tears. Saiki grinned and saluted his sister teasing:

" Captain Kisaragi, welcome back to Tokyo!"

" I thank you for the thought, Kisaragi-sensei!"

Emma answered with the same voice and the same grin.

" Oh Emma!" Seiji said proud " The uniform suits you so well!"

Seven years before, Emma had left for the United States to realize her dream: become a jet pilot. Using the double citizenship of her mother, born in San Francisco, Emma had entered in US Air Force and after many efforts she became captain. Despite she was a woman, Emma had conquered her colleagues' respect for her devotion to the duty and her politeness; she was one of her team's best pilots and many took her as example. For her strict ways, Emma entered in the project "Erasmus."

" How the grandparents are? Uncle Stephen would want granny Betsy to come more often San Francisco: he says that they miss their big sis!"

" Uncle Stephen," Fuu sighed " it's unpleasant don't see each other: the last time has been at Trend's marriage."

" I think that it is better go back home: my mother has organized a party for your return!"

Seiji said taking Emma's bags.

Saiki and Emma chatted happily about this and that, joking as if they were again eight years. Fuu saw them through the rear-view mirror and sighed: twenty-six years were past since the day in which they had born, and the mother felt something grip her heart while two big tears flowed on her cheeks.

" What's wrong Fuu? You should be happy that Emma is home."

" /I am/ happy; it's that.... it seems still yesterday when they played together: my kids have grown so quickly! At times I wonder if a day... never mind."

Fuu sighed drying her eyes. Also Seiji sighed: now was easy understood why his wife had that melancholy air, even if she smiled and she told to be happy. Seiji scolded himself: in twenty-six years of marriage he had not been able to take away that veil of sadness from the face of the woman that he loved with all himself, neither knew its reason: it was easy imagine it, but his be just hypothesis. To distract Fuu from those black thoughts, Seiji asked to her daughter to talk about the "Erasmus."

" Luckily the native population is peaceful, thus ours will be just a control's role. From the dossiers that I have read, this planet is like Earth; and it also seems that the population has a DNA like ours: this resolves many problems."

" Which problems?"

Saiki asked curious. Emma caressed her chin and said:

" Some associations were contrary to the Erasmus project: they said that one of the two populations would have reduced the other in slavery. They and we are at the same biological level, to say it in few words. The civilization level is different, and so the cultural one: those that have gone back two weeks ago told that that place is the Eden, no wars, no hate. And it is a heaven also for the landscape: there is a never-ending spring!"

" Don't say nonsense: some places exist only in the fairy tales."

Seiji said reasonable. Emma shook her head and said:

" Not on Earth, but this planet is a Heaven, and it also has a name that fit it like a glove!"

" Really? And how would it be called?"

" Dad, stop to tease me! This planet should be called kind of Sapphire!"

Fuu froze hearing those words: she turned and looked her daughter with wide eyes.

" Would you mean Sephiro?!"

" Ah yeah, Sephiro! The name is Sephiro. How do you know it, mom? This kind of news has not been still communicates to the press."

Emma asked looking her mother's pale face.

============================= TO BE CONTINUED=========================

Author's note: many of you won't like Fuu's behavior, but you'll know within some chapter why she married Seiji. In the next chapter Ferio will meet Emma, thus expect /any/ thing, tee hee... : D

Pat-chan

P.S.: I won't write the next chapter without have received a reviews' adequate number, and that they be constructive criticisms!