Mega Man Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Endless Ocean ❯ Water Chapter 2 The Future ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Site updates:
 
-Redesign Complete (slimmer and easier to navigate)
-Butterfly Effect Open
-Preview of next chapter for each story
-Updated Characters Listings
-Major Redesign
 
 
Chapter 2 The Future
 
“Hyahhh!!!” Leviathan's battle cry echoed down the streets; mere instants before the fountain she had been aiming at; split down the middle. Fefnir sat nearby in his battle armor watching the other former General relieving her stress, and even frustration at the inanimate object. “What's a matter Leviathan… seems like something is bugging you?”
 
“What do you mean what is bugging me…?” Leviathan finished speaking only to throw her spear into a nearby half destroyed building, and the building fully collapsed to dusk and debris. She turned back to Fefnir who was sitting in a relaxed fashion; chuckling over his allies frustration. “What's bugging me is that I have not seen my fiancée in over a full month! Why else do you think I'm so upset…?”
 
“How should I know…? It is hard sometimes to tell, but why are you so mad at Theus…? Is because he has Ciel with him; you really don't trust him do you?” Leviathan re-summoned her spear, and planted the tip into the ground; leaning on it for support. “It's not that I do not trust Theus; I love him deeply, but he has been different ever since he returned… Plus I don't think I'm the first beautiful girl to be angry at some girl for getting close to my fiancé.”
 
“Calm down Leviathan…” The voice caused her to turn and see Harpuia just standing there with a serious expression; even after the war he still kept his serious attitude. “Ciel and Brett are both working on a way to combine humans and Reploids… that is all. I just came from checking up on them, and he told me to tell you that he will be done soon. He will come for you soon enough; he also said that he is looking forward to seeing you.”
 
“Oh my Theus…! He is just the sweetest thing ever…” Leviathan's excitement was a little overwhelming for Fefnir, and he decided to inquire about something else. “So that means that they have finished their research already; what about that other thing they needed us for…?”
 
“That has been completed also Fefnir; the biomedals were all completed, and now they are being sent off to safe houses in a few hours. I'm a little unhappy that they are making us obsolete for these new devices.” Harpuia finished speaking in time for Leviathan to become overjoyed again. “This is the best thing ever!!! Now that Theus is done with Ciel; he will be all mine. Finally I can get him away from Ciel!!! And I never have to fight again; Theus you are all mine now!!!”
 
“Well Ciel; I think we are finished with everything on the biomedals… I have to say you are an astoundingly intelligent genius to have even though of this idea. It truly is an impressive concept…” The compliment caused Ciel to turn around in her chair and blush, but she just calmly regained her composure before speaking. “Thank you for your kind words Theus, but I could not have done this without your aid. Now all we have to do is send these Biomedals to the safe houses; I wish you would have let me make one for you…”
 
“Ciel… I think that it is best if my power was not passed along just yet; even I do not know the extent of my capabilities. I do not want to see the world burn simply because my power was passed down to someone who was corrupted by it.” Ciel nodded to the sentiment, and continued to watch Theus still hard at work. “Yes I understand; are you regretting working on this project?”
 
Theus then paused momentarily to consider the question, but he just bowed his head and smiled. “No; I have enjoyed working on this project with you, and I have learned a great deal. It has undoubtedly been a pleasure to work with you, and this project will be beneficial to the future. Now that the biomedals have been infused with the powers of the generals and several others… every one of us no longer has to fight a pointless battle. Still I find my self questioning the idea of including the data with them.”
 
“No that I feel is completely necessary component…” Ciel said with an absolute tone of certainty in her voice. “This way people can find records of what we did, and understand what we hoped to achieve… This is just a way to protect the future; because unlike you Theus; I am not going to be around forever… This way the people of the future can decide how the world will progress; now I think we have earned a rest… don't you?”
 
“Yes; the battle with Weil I think is still wearing on everyone's mind. Now there is a way for people of the future to defend them selves; without us. This world needs a hero, but it no longer can be us… at least not for now. My future I fear has many more battles, but aiding you all after the family you have given me feels vital. It has been a real pleasure working with you…”
 
“Thank you Theus, but we are done here if you want to go; I think someone is probably waiting for you. I can handle it if you would rather be with Leviathan; all that is left is organizing the last details… so I will be just fine.”
 
Theus started to chuckle at the idea, but only for a moment, and he had decided what he was going to do. “Yes I would love to see Leviathan; sadly I have been unable to see her much while working on this by your self. Still you cannot honestly say that after we are done this; that you are not waiting to spend time with someone special to you?”
 
No response came from Ciel, and Theus sat back and enjoyed the complete silence. “Don't worry Ciel… I'm just having a little fun doing this. You know that I have enjoyed my time with you, but I know why you are doing it. You are doing it so Zero does not have to be what he was meant to… that is why I signed on this; because I want the same for Leviathan. Still you cannot change what they are…”
 
“No we can't Theus; the guardians and Zero were made for fighting… I wish they did not have to. Hopefully the biomedals will make it so they never have to fight again; I don't want them to have that sole purpose. I wonder if we can even hope to expect that from them… Don't you think that is a great idea Theus that they do not have to fight…?”
 
Theus was quickly typing; not giving any response at first while he considered responses. Ciel cleared her throat, and Theus took the cue. “It is Ciel, but do not forget you cannot change who they are. It is something that I will deal with eventually; I wish that Leviathan was not designed for that, but she is. I find myself wondering where my future will take me; after what I have seen; it is hard for me to just ignore what is going on… even if that is what I must do. But thank fully working with you has been a great distraction.”
 
Ciel stopped working, and held her hands close to her chest; taking in the moment for everything it was worth. “Really Theus…? Because working with you has shown me how great you really are. Working so close to you has made me realize how special you are… after all you are so smart… I guess what I'm trying to say to say is that… well that I think I'm starting to fall in love with you.”
 
“Ciel…” Theus said while he continually worked; barely phased by the statement. He had seen a few signs, but never had acted out because of his feelings for Leviathan. “I thought you were going to end up with Zero; after all you like to talk about him… unless I have read you wrong.”
 
The boldly analytical statement had stunned Ciel; unable to regain her composure, and lose words stumbled from her mouth. “Well… I… Well; you see… It is not that I'm not in love with Zero; he has helped me so much, and changed the world with me. He has helped me do so much, but I don't think he can love. Not without me changing who he is… but you are someone I can relate to. You are smart like me, and you care… it's just that when I'm around you. I feel so much smarter around you, but I'm also so nervous, but in a good way.”
 
“I'm happy that you like spending time with you; if Leviathan was not in love with me… Do not get me wrong; I'm in love with Leviathan, but I do not want you to feel unappreciated. You are a genius, beautiful, and any man should be lucky to have you. If not for Leviathan; I would love you at my side, but I do love Leviathan, and she is still my bride to be. That is a commitment I could never bare to walk away from…”
 
Relapsing back into her chair; Ciel took time to think over her feelings. Zero was wonderful, but at times emotionless; he was her hero, but was that enough. Only snippets of any real care for her were seen, and she wondered if he was only fighting because that was who he was. When she first met Zero; he had put his life on the line for what he thought was just. She had always thought of him as more then just a companion, and even if she was never fully truthful with him, but there was the problem.
 
Zero was never returning the feelings; he was still emotionless. He showed some caring thoughts at times, but he was never in love. Even now if there was that attraction between her and her hero; she wondered if that was enough for her. He was a Reploid, and a legend which made being with him unattainable, and she was a human girl. Then she thought about Theus…
 
Theus was more then a genius to her; he understood and comprehended things to a degree that she could not. Problems were just not problems to him, and he had helped her out so much. What was more was that he showed real emotions back. Despite how much of a focused worker he was; he always asked how she was, and he cared for her. Even though Theus was an alien; Ciel felt compelled to make her relationship closer; she was still a young girl, and Theus was the one she was in love with.
 
Settling back in; Ciel got back to work, and the two were so efficient that they had finished all the remaining work in half the time. Ciel and Theus undoubtedly worked amazingly well together, and this only made Ciel consider Theus her perfect guy. The time had flown y for both of them, and now the last details were done and finished.
 
“Well Ciel; that is it for now; I'm just forwarding the data to the appropriate sections that will be in charge from this point on. Now it is in the hands of others; so I guess our part is over. The biomedals will be sent to their designated facilities where they will be taken care of; waiting for the time when your brilliantly designed products of protection will be needed. I think we have made a great difference today.”
 
“Theus…” Ciel said with a gentle loving voice; truly caring for this young man who she was constantly feeling closer to. “I would never have had such an easy time without your aid… I want to thank you for understanding the reason behind me doing this. You truly understand and believe in this, and that is special to me. I just wanted to thank you for understanding me, and that you make me feel like I can do anything.”
 
“Thank you for your kind words Ciel; I'm glad to have been able to help you with your goals. I would be happy to escort you out Ciel if that is what you would like; not much else for us to accomplish here. To think that this is the first rest I will truly be enjoying in some time; so shall I escort you.”
 
Ciel turned to see Theus already out of his chair with his hand offered to help Ciel up. Ciel blushed at how nice he was, and that he really did care for this young lady. Ciel graciously accepted the hand, and together they walked to the exit of the building. Walking side by side was exciting for Ciel, and every time she wanted to show how she felt, but sadly she could not, and then the reason why was present.
 
Together they exited the building, and then that voice that Ciel wished was not there. “Theus I have missed being with you so much!!!”
 
The instant they had exited; Leviathan had jumped into Theus's arms, and was acting all lovey-dovey. She kissed and hugged him, and Ciel did her best not to show any jealousy. Ciel stared, and Leviathan glanced over to see Ciel, and was worried now about any feelings. Leviathan just went back to marking her territory till Theus made her back down.
 
Then Ciel's escorts came and led her off to her own residents; the place where she lived alone for the moment. Theus watched, and she looked sad to be leaving him, and he did feel compassion for her. Ciel was very famous, and was considered a very important person. Leviathan was just concerned about what was going on, and was starting to get angry at Ciel for trying to split them a part. “Common Theus let's go home, and I promise that I will make you so glad that were together.”
 
With that comment Theus walked away with Leviathan; happy to be with her, but Ciel was depressed. Zero was off rebuilding; never resting and being with her, and so to were the other generals. There was no one at her amazing abode, and it was wearing on her now more then ever.
 
Single handily Ciel had solved the energy crisis and many other world wide problems. Now she could not think of anything else that needed her attention. Questions of what she should do after so many years of endless toiling and purpose, and now there was nothing. Sitting in her transportation alone, and now with a night of nothing; she could only wish that the answer would be easily provided for her.
 
Leviathan bounded into her and Theus's spacious home; one given to them for aiding so much in the war. Leviathan was ready to treat Theus to a night that he would never forget, and Theus was happy to join in. This night was going to amazing; especially considering how long they had been apart.
 
After the meal that Leviathan had spent so much time preparing of various things that she wanted Theus to try; they sat together and looked out the window. Sitting together completely satisfied, but at the same time wanting more from the other. Just watching the sun setting together was a pleasure. Leviathan sat there wondering when would be a good time to finally move to move in on what she craved, but just when she was about to move in; the phone wrung.
 
The break in the pleasant moment was arduous torture to Leviathan, and she wondered who would dare interrupt this. Theus got up, and left Leviathan waiting for him to return. She was having trouble not just jumping him, and not letting him answer the phone. She did not want anything to ruin this, and she enjoyed watching Theus do anything.
 
Then after a few moments of watching; Theus just stopped and did nothing. Frozen, and not moving an inch, and then Theus put down the phone gently, and looked to Leviathan. “I'm sorry that I have to ruin tonight, but Zero was just found… murdered.”