MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ The Clash of Love ❯ Shattered ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Clash of Love

Chapter Four: Shattered

By KellyQ

Two long weeks have passed and Lan had still not woken up. During that time, Maylu and the others would come and visit. Chaud on the other hand was hesitant to see Lan until just the other day when Megaman wouldn't stop pestering Chaud to go see Lan.

Chaud walked down the hallway to the room Maylu said the brunette was in, stopped at the door and pulled out Lan's P.E.T.

"Megaman, are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes I do. Lan and I are like a family-partners in crime."

"Shoot your self." Chaud shrugged, opening the door.

He had to admit that Megaman and Lan where a good team, alway supporting each other.

The room was dark and the only sound that could be heard was the sound of the clock ticking. Chaud walked up to see that Lan had a bandage around his head, stitches on the side of his neck, IV's taped to his arm and more wires to read his heart.

The two looked at Lan for a moment until Megaman broke the airy silence.

"Lan..."

"He can't hear you Megaman but here..." Chaud said, placing the P.E.T. on Lan's chest over the brunette's heart.

Megaman winced after tying to listen, feeling a chill run down his spine. Fear was clearly shown; he could barely hear Lan's heart beating.

"Chaud, why...why is Lan's heart so weak-?"

The silver haired boy was about to answer when the door opened and Maylu walked up. She stopped dead, and raised a brow.

"Chaud...I didn't expect to see you here..." she said as her eyes shifted to see that Lan's P.E.T. was on his chest and Megaman looking very flushed. "Megaman, are you all right?"

Maylu walked past Chaud and picked up the blue P.E.T.

"Maylu...why is Lan's heart so weak-I can barely hear it."

"Shhh." Maylu hushed him putting Lan P.E.T. to her chest, "How about I take you somewhere were there's less stress." She continued glaring at Chaud.

The boy glared back, knowing full well what she was thinking. "Megaman requested I bring him here and nothing more!"

"Oh...I'm sorry...."

Chaud sighed and walked passed her, opened the door and walked out leaving them alone.


Yuriko walked down the hospital hallway toward Lan's room. Her orders: kill Lan and infect Megaman with a Dark-chip. A smirk slowly formed on the woman's face, thinking how fun it would be to watch the whole thing.

The young woman came to the elevators and noticed that Chaud standing there waiting for the elevator. Yuriko growled. That damn brat will ruin everything! What was he doing here anyways?


Chaud could see movement from the corner of his eye. His expression hardened when he noticed who it was. That wench better stay away from Lan and Megaman! He was going to make sure of that.

The elevator door opened and Chaud stepped in. He closed his eyes, letting some stress out that he didn't know he had. Chaud turned to face the elevator door just as it was closing. He opened his eyes again to see that Yuriko was gone.

"Chaud, is anything the matter?" Protoman asked sensing that something was not right.

"We may have an unwelcome guest, Protoman." Chaud said darkly, and the elevator started to move.

"Understood."

By that point the elevator stopped and the door opened. Chaud put his hand in his pocket and stepped out onto the main floor. Most of the people that walked by, looked at him, or kept their distance.


Meijin sat down next to Lan, after setting a computer system for Megaman so he could be close to Lan and keep an eye on him.

"Meijin, do you think that Lan will hate me when he finds out that I couldn't save his parents?"

"It's hard to say, Megaman. We'll find out when he wakes up."

"I hope it's soon. I miss him."

"Now is not the time to mope," came a voice that happened to be Chaud.


"Fortunate," Meijin sighed. What just took place was going to change things for them.

Megaman became anxious. "Hook me up in Lan's room so that I can make sure that Yuriko doesn't even come near Lan!"

Meijin sighed. "It's not going to be that easy, Megaman. You'll have to go to the main computer of the whole hospital..."

"Then..."

"I'll stay here," Chaud addressed, "that wench knows I'm here so she won't do anything as long as I'm here."


"How's Lan doing?" Roll asked, sitting next to Megaman.

"He's still out cold and the worst part is that Yuriko is here at the hospital..." Megaman said to hear Roll gasp in fear, "and I feel so helpless...we wont be able to cross-fuse anymore with the condition that Lan will be after..."

"Chaud and Protoman can do the same thing, right? But I can understand how you feel, I would feel powerless too."

Megaman sighed. "I should be getting back, and thanks for coming just to talk."

"Any time," Roll smiled and they both got up. "I do have one question: has Protoman taken good care of you?"

A light shade of red slowly formed across Megaman's face. "He has been nice to me," the blue Net navi murmured, rubbing his arm as his eyes also shifted to the right, holding some love in them.

Roll was about to open her mouth when a bright stream of light hit the ground. After it shriveled away, there stood Protoman.

"Chaud wants you to come back..."

Megaman's expression changed to hope. "Is it Lan?"

Protoman shook his head. "Chaud just doesn't want you to be out here. Without Lan, your vulnerable to anything."

For a second there, Roll thought that Megaman was going to lose it, but he just shrugged and started to walk ahead. Protoman followed from behind. Once he got closer, he picked Megaman up and started to carry him.

"What are you doing?" Lan's Net navi yelped in surprise.

He was not prepared for that. Roll chuckled inwardly, shaking her head. She turned and started to walk the other way. "I can walk, you know." She overheard Megaman protest. "You walk to slow," Protoman said cooly.


Chaud sat in a chair that he brought from home. He looked over at Lan, wondering if Maylu's idea would work.

Flash Back

Chaud walked down the hallway to Lan's room and opened the door to see Maylu talking, but Lan was still out.

"You do realize that you like a total idiot doing that." Chaud mocked her.

Maylu's expression hardened once she looked at Chaud. The silver haired boy winced inwardly; he never saw her look so angry.

"To make sure that Lan is not lonely," Maylu said.

"Lonely? Maylu, he's just unconscious. He can't even hear you."

"You don't know that," the red haired girl said, her voice knowing. "Why not give it a try? It might help Lan wake up..."

End of Flash Back

So here he was, about to talk to Lan and see if would help him come out of the coma.

To Be Continued ....