MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ The Clash of Love ❯ Can things be the same: Part Two ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Clash of Love Chapter Three: Can things be the same?
Part Two
By KellyQ

Chaud set Lan’s stuff down, getting up and so that he could get his tools and P.E.T parts-so that way it could look like it was never damaged…and would be just like new. He also felt funny doing it at the same time though...what if bringing Megaman back, brought to much emotional stress to Lan…? So much; that the brunette wouldn’t even want to look at his Net navi…? If that happened, all of his hard work would be for nothing…

Protoman watched Chaud take Lan's P.E.T. apart and started looking more closely at it. The inside looked okay, nothing seemed to be damaged.

That's good that I just need to replace the outside, Chaud thought while he continued to put the new parts together. He stopped however, as a new thought came to him. Lan and Megaman could live with him and Protoman-be a family together…and he really wanted to bring Megaman back, and thank him for saving his Net Navi. The one thing he was going to do when Lan woke up, was to admit that being partners truly does pay off-and also finally admit out loud how he really felt about Lan.

First thing was first though…Chaud had to know how Protoman felt about the idea. His Net Navi may not like it, but it didn't hurt to try however. "Protoman, how do you feel if Lan moved in and Megaman was set up in the same system as you?"

"Do what you think is right, Chaud. But Megaman did save my life, so I do owe him-that, and Megaman is a skilled fighter...without his help, things would not be the same." Protoman admitted.

In away it didn't feel right…as much as Chaud's Net Navi hated to admit it, Megaman was an attractive Net Navi. Chaud smiled, and his eyes softened, thinking of how grateful he was to have such an understanding Net Navi as Protoman.


The nurse walked up and looked around the room, spotting someone familiar: Ms. Mari. The dark haired teacher eyed the nurse and quickly got her attention that way. The others watched as the nurse walked up ready to tell them the official news about Lan.

"Your friend is in critical condition with a bad knee, a loss of blood-some glass did some damage to his throat, and we’re not sure when he'll wake up."

Everyone’s face paled, and Maylu sank to her knees. Miss Mari burst into tears while Maysa tried to comfort her. The others just sank into their chairs in utter shock…the nurse looked sympathetically at all of them, until Maylu finally got back up to her feet.

"Can we see, Lan?"

"People are not allowed to see a patient right after they get out of the ER...but I'll see what I can do."

"Thanks."

"We should e-mail, Caud," Yai declared, pulling out her P.E.T to see that there was a ring on the desk-top. Her facial expression caused everyone to look at her. Catching on, the others pulled out their P.E.T's too and sure enough, their P.E.T's had rings as well.

"Do you know what this means?" Dex asked, confused.

"We'll have to find Chaud, he has Lan’s P.E.T." Maylu said.


Chaud put Lan's new P.E.T. on the cradle when a ring slowly formed on the desk-top. His eyes shifted to see that his own P.E.T had a ring too. "Protoman," Chaud started but didn't finish when the downstairs door bell rang. He quickly got to his feet, walked down the stairs, and opened the door to see that it was Lan’s friends.

"What are you doing here? Why aren't you with Lan?"

Maylu held up her P.E.T and pointed to the ring. "The ring is part of Megaman's data, and from what I remember right, when we put all our P.E.T's together with the program then Megaman will come back!"

Chaud sighed, feeling a little of his hope of doing it on his own fading. "Follow me."

He turned and started walking towards the stairs.


The P.E.T's where all hooked up to the computer, including Chaud's. He put the CD in and the program started to load…everyone watched in awe as the whole room suddenly lit up. The data started coming together right where Protoman was standing and the red Net Navi held out his arms just as the data slowly started to form Megaman's body.

Everyone gasped in excitement-and even Protoman had a smile on his face as he looked down at Megaman. All the Net Navi's crowed around the two eager to see their fallen comrade once more.

"Megaman...?" Roll called out softly, reaching out to touch him.

The blue Net Navi slowly opened his eyes with a questioning look in his expression. It changed when everything sank in, to a small smile. Megaman at the exact moment noticed that he was being held in a pair of familiar arms.  He turned his head as his eyes shifted up, to notice that he was looking right at Protoman.

Megaman smiled softly once more at Protoman. "I'm glad you're all right."

The smile didn't last long on Megaman's face however-the vibes suddenly didn't feel right. He looked at everyone…finally noticing that he was in a totally different environment…and where was Lan? Megaman opened his mouth to ask but high pitch ringing sound beat him to the punch. Yai pulled out her cell phone to see that it was Miss Mari.

~Children, the nurse finally gave us clearance to see Lan.~

"That's great! I'll let the others know."

Yai put the phone away and Maylu was the first to guess that it was Miss Mari. Yai nodded her head.

"Lan...where is Lan?" Megaman asked wanting to know.

Everyone was hesitant and finally Protoman sighed.

"He's in the hospital..."

"He's in a coma right now," Maylu continued, "he's in real bad shape-he has a bad knee and what the nurse told us was that Lan will have a hard time speaking..."

Maylu stopped seeing the Megaman's eyes clouding over with great horror as his face paled. That's when another question popped into his mind-what had happened to Lan’s family? Were they okay?

"Lan's family...?"

Once again, everyone was silent. Megaman continued to look at everyone, waiting. Why wasn't anyone saying anything?

"They're dead." Protoman finally admitted in a quiet voice.

"No..."

Megaman sank further into Protoman's arms and closed his eyes. This is all my fault, the blue Net Navi thought, feeling his energy starting to seep out of his body. His expression flushed, as tears came down his face.

Maylu looked at everyone remembering that they still had to get to the hospital. "We’d all better get back."

Everyone nodded their heads. Roll looked closely at Chaud's and Lan's Net Navi and smiled. "Take care of Megaman while we're gone."

A light shade of pink appeared a long the edge of Protoman's nose. How did she know? Protoman turned his head feeling slightly embarrassed.


"I can't believe that Chaud didn't come to see Lan!" Yai huffed. The hand that was holding her P.E.T turned white as it formed a small fist around it.

"Please calm down, Miss Yai. I'm sure that Chaud just doesn't have time right now." Glide murmured, trying to reason with her.

"That's still not an excuse for him not see Lan! And where is my strawberry milk?"

Yai looked up to see the wine glass filled to the brim of her favorite drink.


Chaud stepped up towards Protoman and Megaman who still looked rather flushed. Chaud watched with guilt washed over his expression as Protoman felt very much the same way.

"Megaman..." Chaud murmured, speaking softly as he put a hand on Lan’s P.E.T.

"I am a pathetic Net Navi aren't I?" Megaman choked out, his voice sounding so sure.

Protoman's expression hardened as he tightened his grip on Megaman. "You're such a baka! What happened was not your fault! You saved me, so don't do something like that again..."

"Sorry..." Megaman whispered, looking down.

There was silence between them before Chaud spoke up again. "Megaman...you're all he has and it would hurt him if you give up on him-"

Megaman looked up at Chaud to see that he wasn't kidding around. Lan’s Net Navi smiled, a spark of light slowly coming back into his eyes. "Thanks. When can we see Lan? I really want to see him."

"I know, and so do I. We'll see him soon...I want to see him too..."

"We'll see him together." Megaman suggested, sounding a little happier than before.

"Sure."

To Be Continued...