MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ The Clash of Love ❯ Can things still be the same ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Clash of Love

Chapter Two: Can things still be the same?
Part One

By KellyQ

Roll, Gutsman, Glide, and Iceman were standing together and waiting to hear from their partners about their friend.  It was taking quite a long time, and the silence was killing them; especially Gutsman.  He was just not used to standing around waiting for very long.

"How much longer do we have to wait?"  Dex's Net Navi groaned.

"Please be patient, Gutsman.  I'm sure we'll find out soon."  Glide said, reassuring his friend for he could tell that the others where also really starting to get impatient.

"We're trying our best, Glide," Roll agreed putting her hands together-she also had great pain her eyes.

"But I can't help but feel sorry for Lan.  He lost his family and Megaman-"

"You all look pathetic."  Came a voice from nearby, and they all knew exactly who it was.

Protoman walked up, not looking to amused.  Gutsman stepped up towards him, with great anger in his eyes.

"Watch who you're calling names!" he hollered, "I would smash you right here and now-"

"Don't temp me rock-face," Protoman mocked coolly, "Chaud wants to know what's going on with Lan's condition and says that he will try to bring Megaman back."

Roll's face lit up, including the others but Maylu's Net Navi's face turned gloomy when a harsh thought suddenly struck her.

"How is he going to do that without Lan's father?"

"I don't know.  Now what's going on with Lan?"

"We're not sure.  No one has said anything to us, but once we know something for sure. one of us will send you e-mail."  Glide suggested.

Protoman nodded his head and turned to walk away, when Roll suddenly called out to him.

"Tell Chaud that we're here to help in any way we can!"

Don't worry, I'll make sure that Chaud knows that, Protoman thought.  The red NetNavi knew Chaud well, knowing his weakness and strengths.


Chaud finally arrived at Lan's house, holding the brunette's burnt P.E.T.  He was going to have to somehow figure out a way to bring Megaman back before Lan woke up and asked what had happened.

I just hope that Mr. Hikari has some sort of back-up system.  Chaud thought, lifting the part of the door rug to see a spare key lying there.

"Chaud, there is no news about Lan.  Once there is, you'll get an e-mail from the others."

"Thanks Protoman."  The silver haired brunette murmured, after unlocking the door and decided to put the key in his pocket.  There was no since for putting it back; the house was going to put on the market anyway.

Chaud closed the door and looked around.  The place was really quite clean. He walked into the kitchen, and the first thing that drew his eye was a picture of the Hikari family.  He walked towards it and took a closer look at the picture. The family looked so happy in the photo; especially Lan.  He had a big smile on his face, and his eyes where sparkling.

A warm, fuzzy feeling came over Chaud as he looked at the picture of Lan.  He looked so happy, and now that things were changing, the sparkle in Lan's eyes were going to fade once he was finally awake and would find out what had happened.

"Chaud, we should get started before any more time is wasted."  Said Protoman.

"Just give me a moment, Protoman."  Chaud requested, and he continued to look around the house.  It was still pretty clean.  A thought came to him as he found the stairs leading up to the second floor.

I wonder if Lan's room is clean like the rest of the house, he thought.

Once he came to the second level, Chaud noticed that there was more then one door.  He walked towards the first door that was about twenty feet from the stairs and once he opened it he noted the queen sized bed, tan rug, and a white chest of drawers.  The room itself was quite roomy, off the right was the bathroom, and off to the corner was the closet.

He backed away and closed the door, walking down the hallway to the second door.  Opening the door, he saw that it was a bathroom.  Chaud closed that door as well, and continued to walk down the hallway-stopping at the last door as he suddenly knew that he had finally found Lan's room.


"I don't think it's fair that we have to wait!"  Dex complained.  "Besides, I don't see the reason why we have to wait in the first place."

"We all know how you feel, Dex," Mrs. Mari said, putting a hand on the chubby boy's shoulder, "but these things take time and right now the only thing that we can do is pray that Lan is going to be alright."

"That's right buck-a-roo.  We just have to have faith that Lan can pull through," Maysa declared, who was sitting next to Mrs. Mari.

"Miss. Yai," Came Glide's voice.

The blonde girl pulled her P.E.T out.

"What's going on?  What's the matter?"

"Chaud's Net Navi dropped by, requesting that if there's any news on Lan to let him know.  Protoman also said that Chaud might find a way to bring Megaman back too."

"What?"  Yai asked, frowning in confusion, "how can he do that without Mr. Hikari's help?  That's so like him trying to prove that he's better than anyone else!"

"Actually, Yai," Maylu said with a kind smile on her face, "what Chaud is doing is probably the most unselfish thing that he has ever done."

Yai sighed in defeat. Maylu had a good point. Chaud wasn't all that bad, he was just really good about not letting people get to him. She remembered him saying that to her one time, and she never forgot.  Now, it just occurred to her that Chaud was really teaching her something that day-and that was not to be scared.


Chaud opened the door to Lan's room, expecting to a messy room-but when he opened the door wider he saw that the bed was made and there was hardly anything on the floor.  The room itself had a strong aroma of Lan, and the area had his aura too.  Chaud walked over to the computer and placed the burned P.E.T. on it's cartel and started up the computer.

Lan's cracked P.E.T screen flickered, and came to life.but it went out a minute later.

Okay. Now I know what adjustments that need to be done with Lan's P.E.T. Let's see if there's a copy of Lan's Net Navi.  Chaud though, opening the first desk drawer to see papers jammed inside it.  He moved the papers onto the floor, and looked around for a CD-finding nothing but pens, pencils and a few comics.

"Protoman, where's the program?"  Chaud asked, knowing that snooping around was wrong.

"In the last drawer."

The silver haired boy nodded his head, and pulled open the last drawer to see a few magazines, and the CD.  Pulling it out, he put it in his pocket and then got up, bending to one knee and pulled out the tower.  He shut down the computer then unplugged the USB port that was connected to the computer and the wall.

"All right, Protoman," Chaud announced pushing the computer tower back into place and started gathering his stuff.

"Lets see if we can get Megaman back."

To Be Continued ...