MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ The Clash of Love ❯ Magnetic Love ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Clash of Love

Chapter Six: Magnetic Love

By KellyQ

The hospital door opened and Maylu, Yai, Dex, Mrs. Mari, Maysa, and Tory came running in - eager to see Lan.

A nurse just happened to walk by and almost yelped in surprise, when a bunch of kids and two adults came running past her. "Don't run in the Hospital, Please!" She addressed to them.

"Sorry, but this is important!" Maylu apologized over her shoulder.

Maylu was a little annoyed that it had to be right now - she was right in the middle of her piano lessons when it happened.

They all piled into the elevator. Mrs. Mari pushed the third button for the third floor and the door closed. "I think we should go in one at a time," Mrs. Mari addressed the kids.

"I agree," Glide said, "having all of us there might overwhelm him, and who knows what type of condition he might be in when we get there."

"So, who want's to go first?" Miss. Mari asked, hearing the ding indicating that they were on the third floor.

"Roll and I will go first," Maylu volunteered.

Yai went next. Miss. Mari went after, but Dex groaned after having a lost 'rock and paper' contest with Tory.


Lan looked at Megaman for a moment. What? His parents are gone? What did that mean? Chaud's expression turned dark; he didn't want to be the one to brake the news of his family.

"Good. You're awake," came a voice.

Both boys turned to see that it was the Doctor, Anetta, Meijin and a nurse. She had dark brown eyes, and nice colored skin. Her hair was rich brown, pulled back into a bun. She wore dark blue slacks, and a blouse that shaped her body quite nicely.

Chaud looked at her for a moment, and found her name tag: Jesse. Her eyes shifted toward Chaud and smiled. The smile was not what you would call heart warming.

Protoman saw it too and a sound emanated from the back of his throat. There was something not right about this lady.

"You were in a very bad car accident, Mr. Hikari," the DR reported, "your injuries where very critical and you were the only survivor."

Lan's eyes widened in complete horror and disbelief. The only survivor? This can't be right. Being able to read Lan's expression, Meijin sighed. He knew that Lan was not going to take the news well.

"Megaman told me everything," Chaud said pulling Lan close, "and I'm sorry there wasn't much I could do..."

"It wasn't your fault, Chaud - it was mine...for not being strong enough!" Megaman fumed.

"Please ... no... more ...." Lan murmured softly, leaning heavily into Chaud, "I don't want...I don't want...to hear anymore..."

Chaud rubbed Lan's back as the brunette sobbed. The others looked at each other, knowing it was best to leave.


Fifteen minutes have passed and Lan was still clinging onto Chaud. “Lan … you’ve got to stop, you’re going to make yourself sick …”

"Chaud...tell me that it's all a lie ... tell me that it's all a joke..." Lan murmured.

Chaud tighten his grip around the brunette. "We're sorry that things had to come out this way ... especially Megaman. He tried to save your family, but there wasn't much he could've done..."

Lan's eyes shifted to his Net Navi to see that Megaman wore a dark expression on his face.

"You jacked me in after the car started to go out of control..."

Megaman paused when he saw that Lan looked sympathetically at him. "You tried and that's all I can ask for."

Lan's Net Navi's eyes widened for a moment, then Megaman's expression changed to gratefulness and joy. "Thanks, Lan. That really means a lot to me."


Maylu walked up to the group, after seeing what happened. She had a feeling that Lan was not going to take the news and she was right. Miss Mari saw the troubled look in Maylu's eyes.

"Are you all right?" the teacher asked.

"Lan didn't take the news too well..."

Everyone looked grimaced at the moment, lost in thought until a female voice broke their train of thought.

"Do you know Lan Hikari?"

They all turned to see Anetta standing there.

"Who are you?" Miss. Mari asked.

"I'm a friend of Lan and Chaud. My name is Anetta."

"Oh," Maylu responded first, "I'm Maylu. This is Yai. Miss Mari, our school teacher. Maysa. Dex , and this is Tory."

"Hey! What about us?" came a voice that happened to be Iceman.

"Oh yes," Maylu continued, "we also have Net Navi's ...."

Everyone pulled out their own P.E.T.s and the Net Navis introduced them selves. Anetta smiled, but it faded when she saw Chaud walk out of the room. He wore a shadowy expression as he walked by.

"Chaud, are you all right?" Anetta asked, watching him walk down the hallway.

The silver haired boy stopped and turned his head slightly. "Anetta, do ... do you can join me for something to drink?"

The red haired girl smiled - knowing the real reason why he wanted just her to come.


Anetta and Chaud sat at one of the tables in the cafeteria, with their drinks. Right then Anetta noticed that Chaud hadn't taken one sip of his drink the whole time.

"Chaud, are you sure you're all right?" Anetta asked.

"I’m scared…"

Chaud hated admitting that he was scared for Lan. Anetta nodded her head, chewing on her lower lip. She really wanted to say that everything was going to be all right. But she knew that wouldn't work, knowing that everything was not all right.

"I can go get Protoman for you," Anetta offered, getting to her feet.

"He's with Megaman right now and Lan's Net Navi needs all the support he can get."

Anetta nodded her head and sat back down. "Lan is lucky to have great friends in his life, and I'm sure you've been a big part of it."

Chaud's expression turned dark again. "I..I know I'm not good about showing my feelings, or sharing them...when I almost lost Lan...it was almost like when I lost Protoman to the Dark-Chip that one time."

Anetta's expression darkened too, remembering that day too. She reached out and clutched Chaud's hand, saying nothing.


"Megaman ... are you all right?" Protoman asked, seeing the troubled looked on the other Net Navi's face.

"I'm fine - just worried about Lan," Megaman responded truthfully.

"Have faith in Chaud, Megaman. He'll make sure that Lan is all right."

Megaman couldn't help but smile. "You're right. Thanks Protoman, you're a great guy."

A light shade of pink slowly formed across Protoman's face as he turned his head, feeling slightly embarrassed.

To Be Continued...