MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ The Clash of Love ❯ Slow Start ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Clash of Love

Chapter Seven: Slow Start

By KellyQ

Jesse walked down the hallway and into Lan's room, with all the things she needed to make sure the patient was okay. At the moment Lan was looking down at a book with slight frustration.

"What are you looking at?" Jesse asked.

Megaman's eyes shifted toward the nurse. "It's a book on how to do sign language. Lan can't speak well after the accident..."

Jesse looked sympathetically at both of them. She put the pressure cup around Lan's arm and started to pump the little round ball. "It must be tough to be the only survivor."

By know the nurse was listening to Lan's heart. "The Doctor said that you might be able to walk on your left leg or use crutches." Jesse informed Lan.

Lan sighed, looking as though he was trying to make a good choice. "I want to learn to walk again."

Jesse nodded her head. "It's not going to be easy ... but I'm sure with the support from your handsome Net Navi," She said winking at Megaman, who blushed while scratching the back of his head nervously. "You'll do just fine."

At that moment, Chaud walked in. Jesse turned her head and smiled, but Chaud did not return the smile. Lan frowned, Chaud sure is being dense, the brown haired boy thought.

The nurse rose to her feet and walked out with all her things.


"How are you feeling," Chaud asked, sitting across from Lan.

"Sore and tired," Lan murmured truthfully.

"I keep telling you to get some shut eye, but do you listen to me - no," Megaman responded, looking very annoyed.

Lan gave his Net Navi a playful glare. "Hey - who asked you to be my nanny, anyways?"

"Uh..." Megaman teased, scratching his cheek, looking real innocent. "That's a good question."

Chaud shook his head and chuckled inwardly. Lan and Megaman were okay. There was a moment of silence, but it was interrupted by a couple of beeps.

"Chaud, your father needs you to cover a meeting for him." Protoman informed him.

A sigh escapted from Chaud's lips as he rolled his eyes. What the man wants, the man gets, the silver haired boy thought.

"I've got to go, but I'm going to leave Protoman here," Chaud informed Lan, as he pulled out his P.E.T and jacked Protoman in the computer. "And you get some rest, okay?"

All Lan did was nod his head in agreement.


"Thanks for helping me get Lan to sleep," Megaman thanked Protoman.

"I'm here to make sure nothing suspicious happens," Chaud's Net Navi said, trying to fight the warm feeling in his body.

Part of that was true, and the other part was so he could repay Chaud for what he did, when he was working for Doctor Regal. A playful look formed across Megaman's face as he started to elbow Protoman on the side.

"You do care don't you -" Megaman teased, "come on - admit it, you do have a soft side-"

"Stop it, Megaman," Protoman warned, as he tried to fight the blush that was forcing its way to his face.

Lan's Net Navi beamed, still elbowing Chaud's Net Navi. After a few moments, Protoman turned and hit Megaman real hard on top of the head. Megaman stood there, feeling a little wobbly and sort of shocked that Protoman would do that.

"Why did you hit me on my head?" Lan's Net Navi whined, feeling slightly dizzy and a pounding head, as he rubbed the top of his head. "Ow!"

Protoman made a face and turned to look straight ahead. Why did Megaman always try to get him to see the lighter side of things? Lan's Net Navi groaned inwardly. Why was Protoman always so dense? Ever since he was free from the Dark-Chip, Protoman always had been a little more edgy than normal.

"Megaman, why do you still want to hang around with me, after what I did?" Protoman suddenly asked.

Megaman's expression darkened. He knew that question was going to come up sooner or later.

"You're not the only one who felt guilty for what happened."

A sudden chill ran through Protoman. He never heard Megaman sound so ... serious. At that exact moment, Protoman regained his since and let out a soft snort.

"I'm sure you guys could do fine without me..."

Megaman flinched as his eyes widened in complete horror. His expression changed to pure anger as he took hold of Protoman by the shoulder, turned him around and slammed his fist against Protoman's face. Chaud's Net Navi groaned as he put a shaky hand to his cheek, and looked back at Megaman. His expression held nothing but pure anger, and he was shaking.

"I can't believe you'd say that about Chaud! He was upset when you got corrupted by the Dark-Chip - and you have the nerve to say that we don't need you? Don't you know how that would make us feel - Chaud, Lan and I?"

Protoman looked down at Megaman to see emotion in his green eyes. A smile slowly formed across Protoman's face. It was a soft smile.

"I don't know how you do it, Megaman - but you always manage to can make me smile."

Megaman blinked a few times, then he smiled and blushed. "Thanks - but I don't want you to ever say that you're never needed, deal?"

Lan's Net Navi extended his hand. Instead of a hand-shake, Protoman pulled Megaman into a warm embrace. The blue Net Navi gasped as he blushed again.

"I should thank you and Lan for keeping Chaud safe while I was under their control."

"No one may know it, but I do think of Chaud as a friend - just like you," Megaman murmured softly.

He felt safe in Protoman's arms. He wanted to tell the taller Net Navi more - tell him what was going on in his mind. An idea came to mind, Megaman just hoped that Protoman would agree.

"Protoman," Megaman started, looking up at the other Net Navi. "No matter what, we'll be there for each other, okay?"

Chaud's Net Navi rested his forehead against Megaman's, as he tightened his grip around Lan's Net Navi.

"I'm not going anywhere - not when the people I care about need me."


Lan closed his eyes and smiled. He knew that Protoman was a caring Net Navi, even though he didn't show it at times.

It was nice to have Protoman back, and have things back to normal - and now this. A tear came down his face, and Lan wished that Chaud would return. He always felt stronger when his best friend and crush was there.

As if by magic, Lan suddenly found himself staring at the very person he’d been thinking about. The funny thing was, that Lan wasn’t sure just how long he’d been staring at Chaud.

The brown haired boy blinked for a few minutes, trying to get his bearings back. Chaud only gave Lan a small smile and placed his hands gently onto his shoulders.

“I was worried about you there for a few minutes Lan-I called your name a couple of times, and you didn’t respond. Lost in thought?”

Lan nodded, and suddenly realized how tense he felt. Chaud reached out and wiped the tear from Lan's cheek.

"You're going to live with me. Is that all right?"

Lan nodded again and placed his hand on top of Chaud's hand. They both looked at each other. The atmosphere in the room was thick, but comforting.

To Be Continued...