MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ The Clash of Love ❯ Come Together ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Clash of Love

Chapter 20: Come Together

By KellyQ

Three days have passed, and the search was still on with no leads of Megaman and Lan. Protoman and Roll were jacked in several computers in some of the old buildings outside the city, but they came up with nothing. Sci-lad's computer was upgraded - but it didn't help any - it was like the two had disappeared.

"Still no leads?" Glide asked, and Roll shook her head.

Right then an idea came to her: "What about sending him e-mail -"

"Tried that," came a voice that happened to be Chaud.

Rush let out a small lonely whimper. He really missed Megaman and Lan, and with everything going on, he knew that Protoman and Chaud were affected by the whole thing. Rush walked up to Protoman and tried to get his attention by letting out a whimper, and tugging on his arm.

The red Navi pulled his hand away. "I don't have time to play right now."

Roll sighed. "That's his way of asking if you're alright."

Protoman looked down to see a lot of emotion in Rush's eyes. The red Navi bent down with a sad smile. He reached out to pet the dog. "I'm okay," Protoman reassured the brown dog. Rush stepped up and hugged Chauds Net Navi. He knew that Protoman wasn't being honest with him, but Rush just decided not to say anything else.


During that time, the others were trying to find Lan, he and Megaman tried various way's to get a hold of Chaud and Protoman, yet the communication was down. Next they tried opening the door by overriding the system, but the door closed just as it unlocked and opened.

"She's really trying our patience," Lan murmured angrily.

"I know," Megaman sighed. "But did you see anything beyond the door?"

Lan's expression hardened, trying to recall anything. It changed one moment later as he remembered. "The whole room is inside a Dimensional-area -"

"That's why communiction doesn't work," Megaman figured out. "Now we know that much - jack me in the computer again so we can figure out where we are, and plan our next move."

Lan smirked with a slight playful look on his face. "Since when did you get so smart? I think hanging around Protoman is a bad thing ..."

Megaman pouted cutely and blushed a little. Lan chuckled and pointed his P.E.T toward the computer. A red beam came from the P.E.T to a spot on the wall near the computer screen.


Soon Megaman was in the computer. He stood there for a moment, his expression dark. I've got to get Lan out of here, the blue Navi thought. The longer we stay here - the more he'll think we'll have to do what ever Miss Yuriko says.

"Megaman, are you okay," came Lan's voice. "Do you need any Battle-Chips?"

Lan's Net Navi shook his head. "I was just thinking -"

"Don't spend too long. We still need a plan -"

Megaman nodded his head, and took off running. Don't worry. I'm not going to let anything eles happen to you, the blue Navi thought, with a stern expression. He started to feel hopefull again, and he felt that he had to believe that Protoman and Chaud were looking for them.


Yuriko watched from the surveillance camera with an amusing look. She got to her feet and walked out of the room:

Time to put her plan into action.

The camera zoomed in on Lan who was trying to get up and actually tried to walk....

Lan crawled to the table and used some of his strength to get himself to stand. This would be a lot easier if I had some help, he thought - wishing that Chaud was there to help him. No! I can't think like that, Lan thought. I have to believe that Chaud is still looking for me, and I have to do my part ... At that exact moment the door opened and light poured in. Lan turned his head and growled, with nothing but pure anger in his eyes. The anger melted slightly when he saw that Yuriko had a tray of food and battle-Chips. She stepped up and placed the tray on the table.

"Where am I?" Lan asked angrily.

"Aren't you impatient," Yuriko mused, eyeing him.

Lan growled. "If you think I'm going to listen to you, for get it. You killed my parents - tried to take Megaman away from me - and one of these days Chaud and I will make sure you're behind bars!"

"My - you have a lot of anger," Yuriko said cooly. "You could use it, to get stronger ..."

Lan narrowed his eyes. "What are you talking about? Becides - I'm not dumb to fall for that -"

"You're angry, right," Yuriko asked calmly. "You're angry about a lot of things -"

"Of course I'm angry - and I don't need this!" Lan murmured angrily, shoving the tray on to the foor.

Yuriko's eyes shifted to the mess on the floor and then back to Lan. "You do realize that was your food and Battle-Chips."

That statement caught Lan off guard. She was giving him food, and the Battle-Chips were his? Lan looked down at the mess then back at Yuriko, who was walking out.

"Hold on," the brown haired boy called out darkly, causing Yuriko to stop. "Why - why did you kill my parents and only allowed me to live?"

"You should ask Chaud that question ..."

Lan flinched. "Wha - what do you mean?"

Yuriko smirked. "He's the one who kept you a live knowing you would suffer from it ..."

"You're lying!" Lan murmured angrily, knowing what she was talking about.

"Am I now," Yuriko mused. She turned to face the brown haired boy. "You know very well that you and Megaman will never be Net-Savers without your father's help -"

Yuriko stopped when Lan let out an angry shout for her to stop talking. The brown haired woman turned to see that Lan was shaking, his expression dark, and tears were coming down his face.

"I'll leave you alone then," Yuriko smirked. She turned and walked out, and stood there for a moment. phase one: complete, Yuriko thought.


Megaman came five minutes later to find Lan just sitting on the floor. His body was in the slouched, with dull eyes.

"Lan ..." the blue Navi called out.

Lan's eyes shifted to his Navi. "Megaman, what did it feel like to be deleted?"

Megaman's eyes widened for a moment. What was he talking about? "Lan, are you okay?"

"I just want to go -" Lan murmured truthfully.

Just at that exact moment, his P.E.T glowed and before Lan knew what was really going on, his head was snapped to the right. The brown haired boy's eyes widened. Lan put his shaky hand on his right cheek, and slowly turned his head and came face to face with Megaman. There was so many emotions in the Navi's eyes, and one of them was pain.

"Don't you ever say that!" Megaman yelled angrily, shaking his Netop quite hard.

Lan winced, feeling pain go through his sore body. "Megaman, stop it - you're hurting me."

"Oh - I'm sorry," the blue Navi quickly said. He gently scooped his Netop and laid Lan on the table. Megaman sat next to the brown haired boy who was now lying on his back. "Try and get some sleep, Lan. I'll be right here."

Lan nodded his head and closed his eyes allowing the cold darkness take him.

To be Continued...