Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Iruka's discovery ❯ Vodka ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Bam! The door slammed behind him. He slowly shuffled off his sandles and removed his green vest, laying it casually on a chair, not pausing on his way into the kitchen. This had to be one of the worst days of his life. He still couldn't get over how Kakashi had embarrassed him this afternoon. Even after an hour had passed since the, `Glomp No Jutsu,' his students still hadn't calmed down. That was all they had talked about the rest of the day. He knew. He could hear them whispering quietly enough so they thought that he couldn't hear them, but he could and he had. They hadn't heard a word of that day's lesson from that moment on, and didn't even notice when school had finally ended, they were so engrossed in their own gossiping. At least they weren't here, at his house.

Iruka sat down in one of two wooden chairs set around a table. It was kind of wobbly, but he sort of enjoyed it in a way. It seemed to help him think and relax. But it wasn't helping today. Kakashi would pay. He would pay dearly for what he had done to him. The problem was, though, he had no idea how to get Kakashi back. He had no weakness that Iruka would be able to use to his advantage, and even if he was somehow able, Kakashi had this strange power to…..subdue him, in a way. It just wasn't fair! How could Kakashi always seem like he was in control of everything?

He sighed, realizing that all of this was pointless and getting him no where. He stood up slowly, and looked around the kitchen. Something caught his eye inside one of the cupboard doors that had somehow been left open. What was it? It was kind of shiny, like glass….a bottle, perhaps? He walked over to inspect it, and opened the door. It was a bottle of vodka.

"Where did this come from?" Iruka asked allowed, looking very puzzled. He never drank, or if he did, it was at some type of ceremony, so….how did this get here? He looked around the room, no signs of anyone getting in lately. He looked at the bottle again and sighed. For the first time in a long while, he felt like he could use a drink. He didn't know how strong it was, so he poured out a small amount into a glass. With a sigh and a shrug he downed it. It didn't feel that great at first, but after a second or two, it wasn't so bad. He poured a little more…..

* * *

Knock knock knock. Knock. Knock-knock! Bam-bam! Kakashi started pounding on the door. Where was Iruka? He didn't think he'd be anywhere right now, but then if he was in, then he should have answered the door by now. He lifted his hand again. Knock knock!

"Alright, alright, I'm coming!" came a slightly muffled voice from within. He heard some shuffled steps, and then the knob turned on the door and he was standing face-to-face with a rather drunk-looking Iruka. He stared for a second, a bit confused. He didn't know Iruka drank. Iruka just returned his stare with a steady, slightly angered gaze.

"Yes, Kakashi? Do want something? Or were you just coming here to gloat about how you humiliated me in front of my class today." Iruka said rather annoyedly. Kakashi looked behind him and saw the bottle on the table. Hey, wait, that was-Oh crap. That was the bottle he had accidentally left here the other night. How'd Iruka find it? Oh well. Too late now….He glanced back at Iruka, who was still staring at him, apparently waiting for a response.

"Oh, uh, well…" Kakashi rubbed the back of his head. "I was actually coming here to check up on you….I'm, uh, sorry for what I did today, looks like you got a little more upset than I had thought….."

Iruka glared. Then his expression softened a little and his shoulders dropped as he stepped aside.

"Well, then come in, I guess…" Iruka gestured for him to enter, and he did, carefully making sure to take off his sandals, since that always seemed to annoy Iruka to no end. `Look how muddy it is!' and, `I just washed the floor three days ago, now go take off your shoes.' And so on. But that was ok. Almost amusing even, sometimes.