Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Killer Hunter ❯ Mourning ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Killer Hunter
By Alexeihowe
...
This story is a fan made fiction based off of the show Naruto. I do not own the show or its material. I own only this fiction idea.
This story takes place the six or so years before the beginning of the series. Around the time of the Uchiha massacre.
!Warnings! Violence, language, mature themes in general. So young adult to adult. Ye be warned.
Author's Note: This story does use ideas and traditions from feudal Japan. The considered age of adulthood (when your body could reproduce, aka 12 and up area), arranged marriages, and interfamily relationships. I do not support this ideas but they were real things and in some areas they still are. If you find any of these things offensive then ye be warned (again).
I believe that is it. So without further ado. Read, enjoy, and criticize at will.
...
Prologue
Mourning
 
Dark storm clouds crowded the skies over the dark clad mourners' heads as they made their way past the fresh memorials for the most unexpected dead. And they steered around the lone six year old figure and cast him sympathetic glances.
 
Sasuke Uchiha's tears mingled with the beginning rain even as the last mourners left the now empty Uchiha estate. He looked at the photographed images of his family and saw their deaths. He would never really see them again. But his image was burned into his mind now. His image to drive away pain with anger and tears with clenched fists.
 
A sudden hand on his shoulder caused him to jump and spin about. He looked up into the saddened face of the Third Hokage as he looked out over the line of pictures as he held his own umbrella over each of them.
 
"This is truly a sad day for us all, you most of all. The betrayal and lose hurts, I know. But there may yet be hope in the future." he stated as he placed a comforting hand atop Sasuke's head. "But not if you get sick now will it." a great smile broke out across his face as he ushered the young boy to dry safety.
 
"Thank you." Sasuke smiled up at the older man after they were safety under the porch of his house. 'Yeah. My house. All mine, alone.' his smile wilted and his head drooped as he moved to go inside.
 
He was stopped by a hand. "Do not let your grief consume you. Grow strong and make your ancestors proud of you."
 
Sasuke smile returned and he nodded. "I plan to."
 
"Good."
 
Sasuke slid the door shut behind him and leaned back against it as he closed his eyes so he could see the face of their betrayer again. 'Oh yes, I will make them proud. I will avenge them all.' he vowed.
 
The Hokage sighed lightly before he turned and began to leave the estate. As he reached the gated entrance a wolf masked ANBU dropped to the mud before him in a nice splat that sent bits of mud onto the man's formal robes.
 
"Excuse me Hokage-sama."
 
"Not unless you plan to pay for my dry cleaning." the Hokage growled.
 
"Um... Uh... Yes... Well I came to tell you the survivors condition." wolf sweat dropped.
 
"Humph. Very well." and the two disappeared in clouds of smoke.