Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ LittleGames ❯ The Confessions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok…now I'm going to add my piece to the story. Here's the next chapter. Enjoy! ^_^

~**Little Games**~

************************************************

Part Two: The Confessions

Sasuke resigned to his fate with a small sigh and sat up. "All right, here goes..."

The other two looked at him with anticipation so great that if they held there breaths any longer, they'd turn blue.

"Come on! Come on!" Naruto pushed.

"Well…one truth about me is…that I…er…am…" Sasuke paused, stopping from winding the string around his finger and looking up at his two companions.

"Keep going!" Naruto ordered.

"I'mafraidofthedark." Sasuke said so fast that they had to think slowly and carefully to understand him. Of coarse this took Naruto longer than Kakashi.

"HAHAHA!!! MR. PRETTY BOY UCHIHA'S AFRAID OF THE DARK!" Naruto said falling to the floor from the fit of laughter that overwhelmed him. He grabbed his sides and rolled around like he was trying to put a fire out on him. Kakashi let out a small chuckle.

Sasuke's eye twitched as he stared angrily at Naruto. "IT'S NOT FUNNY DOBE!!" he yelled at the small blonde.

Naruto looked up at Sasuke and smirked, suppressing giggles as he said, "Ne, Ne, yes it is!" `Though I hate seeing that almost hurt look on his face. He's so much more hot when he's calm. Wait, what am I thinking? Sasuke hot? Ok…maybe a little. But I'm not gonna tell him that.' Naruto thought to himself.

"Quit staring at me dobe."

Naruto blushed furiously. "I WAS NOT STARING!"

"Sure…"

"Hey, we're still playing a game here," Kakashi added.

"Oh yeah," they both said as they sat back down.

"And Sasuke…"

"Hn…"

"It's ok to be afraid of the dark. Everybody is afraid of something." He looked at Naruto. "Even you." Naruto growled in response. "Seeing as you have used all of your string in haste to finish, it is now Naruto's turn."

Naruto mumbled.

"Go dobe."

"Alright, alright. Keep you shorts on. And I'm not a dobe."

"Technically I'm not wearing my shorts. I am only clad in boxers. And yes, you are a dobe." Sasuke responded.

"YOU SMART ASS! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT! AND I'M NOT A DOBE FOR THE LAST FREAKING TIME!!!!!" he yelled at Sasuke.

Kakashi stared at the two. "Hello, we're still playing a game here."

"I know I'm a smart ass. But I beg to differ that you are not a dobe." Sasuke mocked.

"Um…hello again. This is your sensei speaking. I said we're still playing a game." Kakashi said as he raised his finger to motion what he was saying. He was again, ignored.

"GOD DAMNIT YOU TEMME!"

Kakashi sweatdropleted. He took in a big breath and…

"SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU!!"

Sasuke and Naruto stood there, eyes wide and completely silent.

"Thank you. Now can we continue?" Kakashi said through gritted teeth, glaring at the two boys. Neither one of them thought it was a good idea to retort to Kakashi statement because of the threatening death glare that he was giving them.

"Now continue Naruto." Kakashi smiled.

"Hey, we can actually see his smile!!" Naruto gasped, seeing Kakashi without his mask for the first time.

"CONTINUE…" Kakashi said threateningly.

"Eep…ok. Um well…One truth about me is that well, I sleep with this little teddy bear…" he trailed off, embarrassed.

It was now Sasuke's turn to laugh. Kakashi didn't seem at all amused. He already knew this fact due to a certain dolphin that he spent his nights with.

Naruto jumped up and glared daggers at Sasuke. "I'll have you know that it was from my mother. Hokage said that it was the only thing that they had left me in the orphanage…" Naruto said, trailing off sadly.

Sasuke immediately stopped laughing. In fact, he stopped moving completely and turned his head downward. "Naruto…I'm sorry. I know what it's like to not have any parents…to be an orphan."

Needless to say, Naruto was shocked at the kindness in Sasuke's voice and the true sincerety behind it. He was also confused as to why Sasuke was apologizing to him. `That was completely unlike him. Did he say…he had no parents…maybe he…understands how I feel…' Naruto thought to himself.

Naruto smiled at Sasuke and sat back down. "Heh…Ne Kakashi sensei. It's your turn now!"

Kakashi smiled knowingly at Sasuke and Naruto for their little wordless displays of emotions. "I guess it is…well, something about me that you two don't know…hm…oh I know. I'm gay!" Kakashi said all too enthusiastically to be joking.

Both boys sat there in shock, eyes wide and mouths gaped open. They both simultaneously scooted back as far as they could, their backs hitting the wall. They glanced at Kakashi, then each other, then Kakashi, then each other and then Kakashi again for one more good measure and decided to turn their gazes to the ground.

"With…who?" Naruto asked timidly. He was almost scared of the answer.

"With Iruka!" Kakashi smiled again. He smile then doubled because he was reminded of Iruka.

"WHAT!?!?!?! NO WAY! IRUKA SENSEI IS NOT THAT WAY!!!" the little kitsune yelled in disbelief.

"Well you better believe it because it's true!" Kakashi said seriously.

Naruto just gaped and the silver haired jounin, seeing that he had completely fright his students, decided to add, "Oh and don't worry. I'm not gonna come after you. I'm not a pedophile!"

The two were still quite uncomfortable.

"Ok…I think we've had enough `Tell a Truth' for tonight. Let's get some sleep. Hopefully the storm will have let up when we wake up." he said as he pulled out his sleeping bag and laid down.

"…"

"…"

Sasuke and Naruto looked at eachother. "Um…I guess we should get our sleeping bags…" Sasuke said. Neither of them got up considering they would have to go near Kakashi to get them.

Kakashi sweatdropleted when he didn't hear any movement. "You know, if you don't get you bags willingly and now, I'll make you both sleep right next to me."

Kakashi grinned. That worked. He heard many scuffles and the sound of feet padding against the ground hastily to get their bags. His smirk turned into an annoyed grin though when he turned around and looked at the boys. They had moved back to the other side of the cave. He grunted and decided sleep was better than dealing with those two.

********************************

Naruto stared at the ceiling of the cave. He was having trouble sleeping. After all, he didn't have his teddy. He glanced over at Sasuke. He listened to his breathing to see if the raven haired boy was asleep. Sure enough, he was. Naruto remembered Sasuke's earlier confession. He smiled lightly. Pour Sasuke. He must get scared in that big empty house of his alone at night.

"Sasuke?" Naruto gently called.

"Hn…"

"Why are you afraid of the dark?"

Sasuke turned over to face Naruto. `Hell, I've been honest with him so far, might as well tell him.'

"Because I'm afraid that the darkness is going to consume me. Just like it did my brother and caused him to kill my parents. That horrifying image of my parents lying dead on the ground and blood everywhere when I came home haunts me every night." A single tear fell down Sasuke's cheek. He quickly wiped it away. He would not show weakness. Though, he kinda already had and for some reason, he felt comfortable talking to Naruto like this.

Naruto looked at Sasuke, shocked. "I'm so sorry. You see, I've never even know my parents. They just kinda left me. All I have from them is that stupid little bear. Like that's what I wanted. It hurts so much knowing that you're parents didn't want you…" This time it was Naruto that the tear escaped from.

Sasuke looked solonly at Naruto. "I guess we share the same paing. Locked together in hatred. (A/N: INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE RULES! Sorry… ^.^')"

Naruto smiled at Sasuke and scooted closer, putting his arms around Sasuke.

"It's ok. You don't have to be scared anymore ok? I'll protect you. You are my…friend after all." He looked at Sasuke, hoping that he wasn't incorrect.

Sasuke stared at him shocked. Naruto took the silence the wrong way.

"I'm sorry…I'll just go back to sleep," he said as he started to move away from Sasuke but two strong lean arms stopped him by grabbing his waist.

"Don't…go…stay with me…please…"

Naruto smiled. "Sure."

The two boys laid there in each other's embraces. They slowly drifted off to sleep with smiles on their faces. Both were happy and little did they know that they had both found their security.

On the other side of the cave, Kakashi smiled. "I guess `Tell a Truth' turned out to be a good thing after all," he said as he himself drifted back to sleep.

**********************************************

Hah! There's the next chapter. I think I may extend this to about two more chapters. Depends on where my mind takes it. Anyway, thanks again to BG Pendragon for the use of her story. R&R please! ^_^