Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Meddling ❯ Shadows ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Shadows
 
Disclaimer: I make no money from the characters or story.
 
Rating: PG-13
 
Summary: Kiba musing about his likes and dislikes concerning shadows. Part of my Meddling series.
 
Author's note: Combination gift fic and contest fic for XHidaka's group Kibamaru.
 
***************************************************************** ****
 
There were things he liked and didn't like about shadows. When he was little, they held no fear for him. He didn't think about things hiding in them any more often than any other child. Probably less often thanks to his genetics. He really started liking shadows when he joined the academy and met Shikamaru. The dog nin found it interesting how the other brunette could manipulate them. Kiba watched Shikamaru constantly from afar as he developed other techniques with them.
 
He looked over and gently stroked his husband's cheek. A small smile crossed his face when the sleeping man's lips quirked up at the corners. He figured he could add another thing to what he liked about shadows. Kiba enjoyed watching the shadows and moonlight play on his love's face. Those shadows he never got tired of and it didn't matter if he was awake, sleeping, or lost in pleasure.
 
Shadows cast upon Shikamaru from passing clouds he liked as well. He would lay there with Shikamaru when he had the chance and watch him watch the clouds. If either of them remembered to bring snacks they could comfortably spend a day just lazing about. This newly discovered lazy and slightly calm side had made Shino demand an answer from Shikamaru about why the two of them hadn't gotten together sooner.
 
A warm feeling spread through him as he thought about the first time Shikamaru had surprised him with shadows in the bedroom. Heat had spread through his body at every slide of the shadows on his skin. How his head had tilted back as one had curled around his neck. The sincere smile he'd seen on Shikamaru's face when they were sated and under the blankets at the trust Kiba had shown.
 
Kiba knew, there were some shadows he could live without seeing ever again. Being a shinobi, he knew that there would be more than enough of them. Those shadows that he would see in his lover's eyes when they visited Asuma's grave. Kiba hated those the most. He also didn't like shadows that would cross Shikamaru's face at the news of any deaths or grave injuries.
 
Faint shadows of sorrow in brown eyes when Shikamaru would get back from visiting Kurenai always made him eager to chase them from his face. He would smile and listen to how the visit went, and then chase the lingering darkness from those eyes with gentle touches and kisses.
 
Kiba decided he liked it best when the shadows went away however. The times when he could make Shikamaru throw his head back and laugh. When he could catch him off guard and pounce him. Sometimes Akamaru would draw that reaction from Shikamaru and he could watch and grin.
 
His sleeping lover woke and smiled up at him. As he was pushed back onto the bed, he decided that Shikamaru's shadow on his own skin might actually be the best after all.