Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ mischief's cracktastic shorts ❯ Denial ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Genre: possible crack? Hell, I dunno. I'm tired. X.x
Word count: 543
Pairings: hinting at future/possible NaruSakuSasu
 
Denial
 
Kakashi is trying very hard not to notice the way his hormone-driven, teenage students have been looking at each other lately. Because to acknowledge what is going on, would require him to do something about it, and the last thing he wants to be doing is lecturing those three on the consequences of sex. That was not part of the shinobi job description.
 
He's a thirty year old bachelor. He's not a parent. His own father died before he had reached such a difficult age. Who is he to tell them how to live their lives? Okay, yes, he is their sensei, but come on! If he'd known that one day he'd be sitting here not contemplating whether he should intervene in the sexual lives of his students, he thinks maybe he would've failed them and sent them back to the academy to become someone else's burden.
 
This isn't his responsibility. He's not their parents. Okay, that one's not even fair, he knows, admitting that at the very least he's become a sort of brother-like figure to them, possibly more, despite the fact that he's tried his damnedest to prevent it from happening.
 
But that's not even the point. The problem is that the male members of team 7 should not be eyeing their female teammate like starving men in front of an all you can eat buffet no matter how inevitable it may be. He realizes they're teenagers, and Sakura's certainly not unattractive, but still!
 
Yeah, this is the part where he should be lecturing them on camaraderie, team values, etc., but yeah, the denial thing works better for him.
 
Besides, it's not as if Sakura is still that naïve, fragile, fresh-out-of-the-academy, child she was four years ago. She's a very capable kunoichi. Not to mention the fact that after training with Tsunade-sama, she can just as easily kill someone with her bare hands as look at them.
 
No, she can take very good care of herself. Of course, this is saying that she would even want to dissuade any attention she might receive from her teammates. The boys aren't the only ones who've been looking after all.
 
Okay, so he wasn't surprised to catch her checking out Sasuke given their history and the fact that apparently every teenage girl in the village was after him, but Naruto, too?
 
Yep, denial's kicking in nicely right about now. Nope, his sixteen year old students are certainly not perving on each other. No, he is not going to need to lecture them on what could very conceivably happen in the future with Naruto's lack of impulse control and all.
 
Hell, they're old enough to learn that lesson on their own. They are ninja; they've already killed. They're entitled to spend their spare time however they damn well please, so long as they show up for training and missions and are able to get the job done and everyone can pretend nothing's going on.
 
He studiously examines the latest book in the Icha Icha series in front of his face as he attempts to block out the noise from Sakura smacking Naruto upside the head and berating him for making yet another lewd comment.
 
Kakashi turns the page slowly.
 
Yes, denial is a beautiful thing.