Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ mischief's cracktastic shorts ❯ Idiots and Stupidity [team 7] ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: for yira_heerai
Pairing: team seven
Warnings: spoilers
 
--
 
“You two really are that stupid after all,” Sasuke sneered at them through the bars of his cell.
 
In Naruto's fist, his grip on the old, beat up hitai-ite tightened until his knuckles were white, but it was Sakura who spoke up next. Her voice was even and expression slightly sympathetic; there were no tears, no honorifics, no declarations of undying love, just a simple, uncharged statement.
 
“No one knows what's going to happen, but we want you know that we're not your enemies, Sasuke.”
 
It somehow managed to raise his hackles even more.
 
Naruto set the scratched forehead protector on the ground just outside his cell where the metal caught the overhead fluorescent lights and reflected them toward him, making it look every bit the shining peace offering it was. Sasuke snorted in disgust.
 
“I could tear it apart. Rip the faceplate off and use it to slit their throats,” he grinned, nodding toward the masked guards who'd moved across the hall in a farce of privacy when his ex-teammates had arrived.
 
“I'm sure you could do a lot of things, asshole.” Naruto's smile widened as the volume of his voice dropped a little. “I'm also sure you never would've ended up here in the first place had you not wanted to.”
 
In a blink, Sasuke was up from his spot on the floor and raging against the bars that separated them. The guards had weapons drawn almost as fast, but Sasuke was already backing away from the bars, his self-control back in place.
 
“Think you've got it all figured out, huh? Did you forget whose hand went through your chest?”
 
He could feel Naruto's chakra pulse dangerously for a moment, but it seemed that even he'd learned some sense of control over the years as it was pushed back down just as quickly. When he spoke next, the idiot had the audacity to smile at him.
 
“Anyway, we'll be back tomorrow. Might even bring some cards or something.” He then mouthed conspiratorially, `Sakura-chan always loses.' The blond got a fist to the top of the head for that one.
 
Sakura then turned toward him. “We'll see you tomorrow, Sasuke.”
 
He wasn't sure if it was intentional or not, but the corner of her mouth quirked up just a little before she grabbed Naruto by the collar of his jacket and dragged him out of there.
 
Sasuke rolled his eyes. They were still idiots. They'd always been idiots. He glanced down at his old forehead protector beaming up at him from the cold concrete floor and hated it just as much.
 
“This is stupid,” he muttered, but his feet carried him back toward the bars where he crouched down and glared at the offending trinket. The metal was badly scratched, and there were blood stains on the fabric that would never come out since too much time had passed. Why would they think he'd want such a worthless thing? This was idiotic even for them!
 
Sasuke reached through the bars and picked it up anyway. If nothing else, maybe he could hang himself with it once their stupidity became too much to bear.