Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ mischief's cracktastic shorts ❯ The Seaweed Is Always Greener ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: The Little Mermaid + team seven = this :D
 
--
 
“I don't get it,” Naruto grumbles as he watches Sasuke tuck in his shirt. “Why do you get to be the prince?”
 
Sasuke doesn't answer, but he does cast a sideways glance at him before stashing several weapons under his clothes.
 
With a sigh, Naruto picks up his own costume and glares at it from its arm's-length position as if he might catch something from it. “Why do I have to be the stupid crab? I could've been the king or something.”
 
The bench creaks slightly when Sasuke sits down next to him to pull his boots on. “Just put it on so we can get this over with.”
 
Naruto glares and glares some more, but if his teammate notices, he ignores it. “Easy for you to say,” he finally mutters, knowing it's not true but not caring one bit.
 
“Easy for me?! We wouldn't even be here if you hadn't rasenganed the side of the administration building!”
 
“Trying to keep you from ramming your chidori through my head!” Naruto growls, jumping to his feet and pointing accusingly at Sasuke. The Uchiha only glares back in return, and the two sit in standoff until a knock on the door interrupts them a few seconds later.
 
“You two dressed yet?”
 
It's Sakura-chan, Naruto realizes, though she sounds a little funny, quieter maybe. “Almost,” he answers. “Gimme a sec.”
 
He quickly slips out of his orange clothes and into it, his dreaded costume, destroyer of his masculine charms. One glance in the mirror confirms his suspicions of how stupid he looks.
 
“When the old hag said community service, I thought we'd be picking up trash or something.” Naruto drags his feet as he and Sasuke make their way to the door. “But this is cruel and unusual punish…,” he trails off when he steps out into the hall and sees Sakura.
 
She's crossing her arms awkwardly over her bare stomach. She's blushing. She's… totally checking out Sasuke in his new pirate outfit. Damn it! He should've been the pirate, er prince! Instead, he has two giant, plush claws for hands and two fake legs sticking out of each side. Where's the justice, really?
 
But as his eyes take in the sight of Sakura-chan in her mermaid costume, he decides that things could definitely be worse, because from where he's standing, the view is nice.
 
He can't help it. Really, he can't.
 
“Nice shells.”
 
She turns her gaze on Naruto then, and he can't help but notice the way her eye keeps twitching. “If it weren't for the fact that these kids are sick patients who need to keep their spirits up to get well…” She advances on him with an expression just short of murderous, and he raises his claws in what he hopes looks like surrender as his self-preservation skills kick in. “I wouldn't be here having to make sure you two don't screw this up! You owe me, both of you.”
 
She glances at Sasuke then, and her eyes go wide. He's just been caught looking at her shells, too. Sakura's mouth opens and closes a few times like she wants to chastise him but can't quite bring herself to do it. Or maybe she's just in shock or something. It's hard to tell.
 
Sasuke shoves his hands in his pockets, and with a quick comment of, “let's just go already,” he briskly starts off down the hall toward the children's ward.
 
“I still think I should've been the prince,” he tells Sakura as they take off after Sasuke. “But I think it'd be fun to do that scene in the little rowboat just to see him freak out again.”
 
“Rowboat?” She looks confused for a moment before her eyes widen. Then she shakes her head and groans, “Naruto.”
 
One thing he's always loved about the hospital is how much the hallways echo, and they don't let him down when he laughs and starts singing. “Sha-la-la-la-la-la. Don't stop now. Don't try to hide it how you wanna kiss the girl.”
 
The last two things he remembers before he blacks out is how funny it is when Sasuke freezes ahead of them, shoulders hunched as if the stick up his ass has somehow managed to find its way deeper and that he should never, ever embarrass Sakura-chan while within punching distance.
 
Unless, of course, he ever wants her to feel guilty and finish his community service for him again.