Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Iruka Christmas ❯ Snow ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Iruka smiled softly as Kakashi lead him through the trees. He wasn't sure what his crazy jounin boyfriend was up to but he couldn't wait to find out. Little glints of light leaked through the edges of his hitiate turned impromptu blindfold and he resisted the urge to send his chakra out to get his bearings. If Kakashi had worked this hard on his little surprise he wasn't about to ruin it.

"Just a little further," Kakashi assured him. "And no peeking or you'll get coal instead."

Iruka couldn't smother the laugh, "Well then perhaps I'd better think of some interesting things to do with coal?" He chuckled when Kakashi swatted him. "You know rewarding bad behavior is only going to encourage me to misbehave."

The deep, rumbling laugh from Kakashi only made him smile more. "You know sensei, I think you've already been around me too long. You've got my favorite line memorized."

"Well it is a good line."

Iruka could feel the change in the air. The temperature had dropped even lower and there was an odd bite to the air.

Kakashi stopped him and released his arm. "Now just one second." He could hear Kakashi digging around in a what he presumed was the pack he normally took on missions. It sounded like the same material. "There! Okay now you can look."

Iruka slid his hitiate up and blinked against the glinting white. "Wow..." Snow drifted down over the small valley. He knew it was a jutsu but it was beautiful all the same. The way the trees wound up their branches shielding the snow from the sun he knew was still shining brightly above them.. It wasn't very big but there was a small iced over pond in one corner.

"So you like it?" Kakashi asked his apprehension revealed even in so few words.

Iruka turned to look at his lover, the awe written on face. "I... Kashi it's..." he started and then gave up and pounced his boyfriend wrapping his hands around the other's neck. Then he captured Kakashi's lips with his own as arms wrapped around his waist pulling him closer.

******************

"I'll take that as a yes," Kakashi said pulling away from the kiss to look at Iruka who was still grinning from ear to ear.

"How did you get the trees to do that?" Iruka asked him as he stared up at the branches.

"I had some help with that. Called in a favor." Kakashi reminded himself he would have to find a way to thank Tenzou.

"And the snow? You learned it in snow country didn't you?"

"I knew it would come in handy some day," he chuckled and laid his forehead against Iruka's. "I brought cocoa, ice skates, and a nice warm blanket. Merry Christmas Ru."

"Thank you Kashi-love." But Iruka didn't move beyond running his fingers through the stray silver hairs on the back of Kakashi's neck.

*************

Something cold thunked against the back of Iruka's head and he finally pulled away to turn around and glare at grinning Kakashi clone. "Oh so that's how it's going to be is it?" Iruka asked bending over and scooping up a bit of snow all the while grinning.

The clone laughed and tossed another snowball. It missed Iruka but another one hit him on his backside. "You really shouldn't turn your back on an opponent sensei."

"And you shouldn't drop your guard just because your busy staring at my ass," Iruka said not turning around. He laughed when he heard the thunk, thunk of two snowballs hitting their target.

Iruka carefully avoided the snowball tossed at his head as he readied another of his own. A moment later however two arms wrapped around him and pulled him into a snow drift. They rolled down the small hill laughing.

Kakashi grinned down at him when they stopped before lacing their now cold fingers together above Iruka's head. "I win."

"Only because I let you," Iruka said sticking out his tongue.

"Mmmhmm... sure you did," Kakashi chuckled before kissing him.