Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Iruka Christmas ❯ Sprinkles ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The smell that filled the house was sweet and tangy and it made Iruka's stomach growl. He smelled melted chocolate. He kicked his shoes off and tossed his vest in the chair before hurriedly poking his head into the kitchen.

"What smells so good?"

"Cranberries," Kakashi said, stirring a pot.

"Really?" Iruka asked, grinning. "You didn't switch them for some other red berry? You know, one that's edible?"

"Very funny and no I didn't."

"So what did you make with them?" he asked as he walked over to study the various dishes on the counter.

"Cranberry apple pie, cheesecake with cranberry topping," he said, pointing them out at as he went. "Cranberry fudge which is actually pretty Christmasy." He swatted Iruka's hand. "That's still cooling."

The oven dinged and while the silver haired nin pulled a tray of cookies out Iruka took a pinch of fudge and popped it in his mouth.

"I'm not going to let you have the cookies if you can't be good," Kakashi said, not even bothering to turn around. "You can come help me dip these in the chocolate."

Iruka wrapped his arms around Kakashi's waist and peered around to watch as the other man dipped cookies in the chocolate.

"I figured you'd want to help. I even got you sprinkles and crushed nuts to put on them."

Iruka buried his face into the dip between Kakashi's shoulder blades for a moment before pulling away. "I do want to help but I missed you." Iruka reached around and picked a cookie up, studying it carefully before dipping it in the chocolate. He let the excess drip off back into the pan as he watched the chocolate slowly cool.

"I was only gone a day." But despite his words he turned around and pulled Iruka against him. "But I missed you too."

Iruka leaned against Kakashi, still staring at his cookie. "How did the mission go?" he asked as he took an extremely small bite that was mostly chocolate.

"I dropped one message off with the ANBU team and picked up their status report. They can take their time getting back now. They have one injured teammate so they'll be a bit slower and it means they can't go back out right away. Not without a replacement."

Iruka knew what that meant without asking but he voiced his thoughts anyway. "You're going out again, aren't you?"

"Tomorrow, it shouldn't take more than a few days."

Iruka frowned, knowing if Kakashi's mission ran late he'd miss Kurenai's party. He didn't say it though, couldn't really.

"I'll be back in time I promise. A hundred missing nin couldn't keep me away on Christmas."

"You shouldn't promise things like that, you'll jinx yourself."

"Have another cookie and some sprinkles. Sprinkles make everything better."

Iruka chuckled, "No they don't."

"They do if they're chocolate sprinkles and you can't say otherwise because you're the one who told me chocolate makes everything better."

"I meant food."

"Ah, well too late. You should have been more specific." Kakashi grinned at him, dipping a finger in the pot. "Although I think I need to test this theory of yours." And with that he slid the chocolate covered finger across Iruka's scar.

"Hey!" Iruka scolded and wrinkled his nose only to have Kakashi press some sprinkles on the chocolate as his response.

"What? It was your theory," he chuckled before leaning forward to swipe his tongue across the chocolate. "Well I think we can safely say your theory is correct."

Iruka could feel his face heat up at the thoughts the action brought to mind.

"Of course in the name of science we should test this theory more thoroughly..." Kakashi dragged his chocolate covered finger across Iruka's lips and smiled. Iruka went to lick the chocolate off only to have Kakashi decidedly helping him.

"Mmm... Bedroom. Now." Iruka said pulling away. "And don't forget the sprinkles.