Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Iruka Christmas ❯ Pajamas ( Chapter 25 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Iruka rolled over, trying to get more comfortable. A strange rustling sound came with the motion however, and it dragged his attention closer to the world of the waking. A small part of his brain told him to go back to sleep while another suggested waking up might not be such a bad idea.

He cracked an eye open. Shiny silver stars on a dark blue paper greeted him. It took a moment but the significance finally hit him and he opened the other eye and smiled at the box sitting on the bed beside him.

He sat up to find he was actually surrounded by the pretty blue paper. Various sized gifts covered the bed.

"You take forever to wake up," Kakashi chuckled, leaning against the door frame while drinking what Iruka guessed to be eggnog.

"I thought I was getting coal," Iruka said grinning.

"You are. All of that is coal." The silver-haired nin smirked at him before taking another sip of his eggnog.

"So which piece of coal should I open first, Santa-sama?"

"Hmmm... I think the biggest one is supposed to be opened first neh?" Kakashi pointed to the side of the bed were a box taller than the edge of the bed sat.

"If you say so Santa-sama," Iruka said grinning. He pulled the end of the ribbon and the bow unraveled. Then he very carefully started opening the present, being very deliberate so as not to tear the paper.

"Would you just open it you silly thing?" Kakashi laughed.

"No... I'm savoring the moment." Iruka stuck his tongue out at his impatient boyfriend.

"Maa... if you don't hurry Christmas will be over and you'll still be opening that box."

Iruka laughed and peeled another piece of tape off. "But it's fun to watch you squirm."

"Your holiday breakfast is going to be cold by the time you get to eat it. And the part of it that is cold is going to melt."

Iruka shredded the paper and ripped the top open before tossing packing paper everywhere. He was not missing out on whatever special breakfast his love had fixed. He could hear Kakashi chuckling and smiled softly.

There was a LOT of packing paper and he was beginning to wonder if there was anything in the box when he finally pulled the last piece out to see a couple of pieces of paper lying on the bottom. He picked them up and looked at them. One was a piece of paper confirming a reservation and the other was a pamphlet talking about the features of the spa that the reservation was obviously for.

Iruka stared at the gift, a wide grin on his face. "I suppose they do have coal for their fires, neh 'Kashi-koi?"

"Mmm... I told you, you were getting coal."

Iruka set the papers on the bedside table and picked up another box, the one he'd been staring at when he woke up. He opened it and pulled out the large black blanket. "I see... more coal?"

"Of course," his lover chirped cheerfully.

He opened a box that had set of titanium shuriken and kunai, a story book 'Old King Cole,' and various other gifts all of which were black and so deemed to be 'coal.'

*******

Kakashi shoved the boxes and wrapping paper off the bed, the actual gifts he was a bit more careful with. He crawled up to sit beside Iruka. "Just one last gift," he said planting a kiss on his 'Ruka's nose. He pulled the package from the top of the headboard and set it on his lover's lap.

Iruka studied the badly wrapped gift before raising an eyebrow at him. "I cheated on the others but decided not to re-wrap this one."

He watched as his lover returned to his earlier practice of slowly and carefully opening the gift. This time however, Kakashi didn't correct him. He simply watched and tried not to look too nervous.

His brown-haired lover stared at the now open gift in confusion. He didn't say anything and resisted the urge to fidget.

"My pajamas?" Iruka asked looking at him, obviously still completely lost.

Kakashi nodded. This was a lot harder than he thought it would be. What if Iruka said no? What if it was too soon and Kakashi was pushing him?

"You're going to have to explain love. I'm not as good at reading underneath the underneath as you." The words were spoken softly, barely above a whisper.

He took a deep breath. If Iruka said no...things just wouldn't change. He hoped if he was being pushy the other wouldn't decide to run for the hills.

"Giving me deep meaningful looks isn't explaining," Iruka said chuckling softly.

"Keep them here?" He knew it sounded like he was pleading but damn it he couldn't help it.

"Okay..." Iruka still seemed rather confused.

"And everything else too?"

"Are you asking me to move in 'Kashi-kun?"

He nodded. It felt like he was shaking but he thought maybe it was just his imagination.

"You're sure?"

He nodded again a little more emphatically this time. Of course he was sure. He wouldn't have asked if he wasn't.

"Is this why you hate my apartment?" Iruka asked smirking.

"Yes. Now would you just answer the question?" Kakashi was surprised by hearing himself speak.

Iruka kissed him softly, "All you had to do was ask."

Kakashi felt the huge knot of tension in him uncoil for the first time in weeks. He kissed Iruka back, only his kiss was no were near as gentle or chaste and left them both gasping.

"Your breakfast is getting cold, though I lied. The peppermint ice cream is still in the freezer so it won't melt," he said grinning.

"Does it reheat?"

"Mmm... yes."

"Then it can wait." And then Iruka pulled him in for more kisses which quickly turned to other things. Neither made it out of bed until well after noon and neither cared.