Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission Iruka ❯ A Conversation With Old Friends ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: I'm not rich so it should be obvious that I don't own Naruto.

Sorry this is so short but it didn't want to play with chapter 5 or 7 so it has to sit all by it's little chibi self.

Disclaimer: I'm not rich so it should be obvious that I don't own Naruto.

Sorry this is so short but it didn't want to play with chapter 5 or 7 so it has to sit all by it's little chibi self.

Mission Iruka

Chapter 6: A conversation with old friends

---------

"This is your fault, you know." Kakashi frowned as he said it, but there was no answer. "If you were here, I wouldn't have needed to do any of this. You never made me prove my loyalty by making friends." He sighed, shifting to rest his head on his knees as stared off at the trees.

"No... I'm wrong. You would have done the same thing. It's still your fault. I bet you're whispering these ideas to Tsunade-sama as she sleeps. And, stop laughing, Obito, because I know /you/ are. I'm sure you find my troubles highly amusing. Rin should hit you for me."

"Sensei..." Tilting his head up, the jounin studied the clouds rather intently, letting the silence gather comfortably. "...he has your ability to make me say things I shouldn't. I talk to him, and I forget I'm talking to him."

He frowned, the visible part of his face furrowing in thought. "He's mad at me. I don't know what to do. And, no, Obito, it's /still/ not funny." The conversation would seem odd to anyone else, but, for Kakashi, it was simply the way it was. He knew his friends, and he knew what they would have said, so he heard it even when no one else could.

"I got your birthday present, Obito. See, I didn't forget." Kakashi smiled, brushing his fingers through his hair before tucking them behind his head again and leaning his head back against the memorial as he explained about the matchmaking.

"I'm glad you like it." An outsider would definitely have questioned his sanity. That didn't really bother the copy-nin, though. He'd known for a long time he wasn't quite what anyone would call sane.

The sky darkened overhead as night approached but the jounin remained where he was even as the stars dotted the sky.

"I'll be gone for a few days. Mission. I'll see you guys when the mission is over." He never bothered to say 'no matter how it ends'; he simply rose and left.

------


The sky darkened overhead as night approached but the jounin remained where he was even as the stars dotted the sky.

"I'll be gone for a few days. Mission. I'll see you guys when the mission is over." He never bothered to say 'no matter how it ends', he simply rose and left.

------