Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Most Beautiful Sight ❯ FIRE!!! ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or its characters; they are just being used to keep the creativity flowing till I get bored and leave it alone for good.

She laid on the floor of her bedroom silently whimpering to herself. She couldn't help the pain flowing in her chest area. The doctors kept telling her over time the pains would cease and she would heal, but the wounds never healed. The medicine given for pains helped very little.

"But I must be strong… for Naruto-kun." She whispered forcing herself to get up off the floor. She stripped herself of her clothing carefully folding the jacket she wore with her teammates. She would need it for tomorrow's training… On the way to the shower she passed by the mirror. She looked at her reflection; her bottom lip trembled looking at the ugly purple marks lining her chest. "They seem to be a little lighter than they were yesterday." She repeated the same line to herself like she did everyday.

"Why don't YOU shut up?" Some kids nearby had managed to get a hold of a match book and some old dried wood.

"So, Konohomaru… I think it's your turn."

"M-My turn?" The young boy looked at the burn marks the other boys had on the back of their hands. The skin sort of gathered together like a permanent welt.

"Yeah, you did say you were going to do it right??"

"I did…" The small boy said gulping in fear this time. As of lately it had been the "manly" thing to do to have a circular burn scar on the back of your hand. Konohomaru sighed sucking it up watching them light the stick. He stuck out his hand softly as one of the boys yanked it roughly. The burning stick neared his flesh… he could feel the warmth of it on the back of his hand.

"Are you sure we're not trespassing on the Hyuuga property?" The voice of two teenagers made the boys scatter. The one with the flaming stick threw it over the fence landing on the Hyuuga property.

"Why did you do that, Kei? Something could catch fire!!" Konohomaru called to the boy who was about to burn his hand.

"It's the Hyuuga clan. They're not stupid enough to let their property catch on fire." The boy said as Konohomaru stopped running. Something about the fire situation irked him completely and totally. He turned around and continued running.

"That was nice…" She said to no one pulling on a thin strapped top on and shorts.

She smiled at her reflection before frowning. The top did absolutely nothing to hide the bruises she had received well over three months ago. She smiled softly trying to ignore the sweat that started to pour down her face. The door then bursted open; Neji was standing there with an unconscious Hanabi in his arms. His clothes were covered in soot and he looked exhausted and sweat poured down his face. His Byakugan was open and fiercely going.

"Stupid girl…"

"What??" Her eyes trailed to the orange and red flames behind him.

"We have to get out of here…" He told her. For a moment he was stunned, being that he has never really seen her dressed in anything but her uniform she wore for training. Seeing her now made her look different. He could see she isn't the little girl he loathed with a passion. She was definitely growing into a young woman who would be wedded off if they survived this.

"When did the fire happen?!" She thought to herself worrying, unknowingly using her own Byakugan.

"Let's just go!" He yelled impatiently turning around catching a glimpse of the bruises on her chest. Millions of thoughts rushed through his mind. Each along the lines of "why didn't they heal yet?" or "Did she hurt herself again"

"Hot…" She felt a burn appear on her right shoulder as the fire licked at her pale flesh. She nearly lost sight of Neji as she intensified her eyes power. But along the way she found another being on the property. "Who…?" She looked around finding an opening in the flames. She ran for the form finding that they were trapped within the flames as well. "Please, hold on…" She whimpered to herself feeling her lungs fill with black smoke. She neared the form and found the third Hokage's grandson huddling in a corner trying not to get burned.

"Help me, please!!!" He saw her and was really ready to cry.

"What are you doing here?" She asked searching frantically for something to help, but it was all burning up in the flames.

"It was only supposed to be a thing to play around with and someone came and they threw the stick and I came to check and…and…" He started to bawl completely and totally.

"Oh…" She said not really following. "I'm going to jump to you." She said running off to pick up a bucket of rain water and dumped it over her head. She got back and looked at the flames. She was totally terrified at the moment… but… "Naruto-kun…" She murmured jumping and grabbing the boy before rolling into a ball and went through the collapsing wall and continued rolling from the flame house. She let go of Konohomaru, but her own momentum wouldn't cease. Once she got it to stop she found herself facing the edge of a cliff. She gasped and rolled onto her back. Her heart was pounding as pain began to surge through her system.
"Hey, are you okay??" Konohomaru asked softly.

"I'm fine, are you okay?" Hinata's voice came out as soft as always.

"I'm so sorry…" He started crying again.

"It's okay.. I don't think anyone was seriously-." The sentence stopped and was followed by her screams. Konohomaru looked wide eyed at what he just witnessed. The piece of land she was resting on was unstable and now it was no longer in plain sight.

"NO…." His eyes twitched as he sat there at a loss for words.