Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ No More Running ❯ Lunch and Secrets ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Lunch and secrets

Naruto followed the group that he had bumped into to a Ramen Shop. `At least they had good taste' Naruto thought. That walked in to be welcomed by a friendly old man and his daughter.

"Hello, I haven't seen you before." The old man said kindly.

"Just arrived, but I probably won't stay." Naruto told him.

"Well I hope you have a nice stay then." He told him. Naruto offered him a smiled. The group gave their orders and waited.

"So tell us a little about yourself Naruto-kun." Ino said.

"Well, I've wandered around for as long as I can remember, my parents either abandon me or died, I don't remember. As it already is someone wants me dead. Also haven't had anyone to `just chat' in years." He told them, then seeing their shocked faces he grinned. "Don't take it so bad, I could care less about the fact my life sucks."

"Oh, Naruto that's horrible, Naruto-kun!" Hinata said. Naruto noticed how she was very shy and was blushing all the time.

"Like don't to bad I still get by." Naruto shrugged.

"You know life isn't SO bad." Said a voice behind them. Everyone jumped, except Naruto. He only smirked.

"It's not nice to sneak up on people you know, Rose." Naruto said calmly.

"Oh come on! You knew I was here the moment I stepped in here!" Rose exclaimed. Naruto just grinned.

"Maybe so but I think you almost gave these good people heart-attacks!" Naruto told her, "By the way why are you here? Don't tell me it's `business' because at the moment I'd rather not deal with that stuff."

"Don't worry, everything is quiet just"

"Keep on my toes, I know, I know." He finished for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~after lunch~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had gotten to know each other pretty well and at the moment walking home. As they were passing an alleyway Naruto stopped.

"What is it Naruto?" Kiba asked.

"… Get down!!" He shouted crouching down. Although they were confused but got down anyway. There was exploding just above them. When they got back up they saw Naruto fighting with a girl with blond hair that reached her waist and pulled up in a pony-tail. At the moment she seemed to have the upper hand.

Just before anyone could see it she had stabbed Naruto in the stomach and cut him all over. His face was twisted in pain as he gripped the knife that was still in his stomach. Rose's eyes widened and she was on the girl in 0.5 seconds flat, but she was thrown back as if it were nothing. The blonde did leave, probably thinking it would smart seeing as the rest of the group were ready to kill her at any time.

"Naruto!" Sakura shouted as she ran to him. At the moment he was kneeling on the ground just staring ahead as if he couldn't hear anything. Sakura soon found that she surrounded by everyone. They all seemed very worried.

"We need to bring him to someplace were not many people know about." Rose said from her side.

"Shouldn't we bring him to the hospital?" Sasuke asked. Rose shook her head, "No, look I can't explain it now, but Naruto isn't exactly someone what the hospital can help…" Rose answered.

"What do you mean? And why can't you explain?!" Ino nearly shouted.

"Shhhh, listen... I.. I mean I'll promise to tell you when we get him someplace safe." Her eyes were pleading them to help her.

"But isn't the hospital safe? Why is it so important?" Rock Lee asked coming into the conversation.

"Please… can't go …to... hospital." Naruto suddenly rasped from were he was on the ground.

"I know a place where he can stay…" Shikamaru told them.

"You Do?!" Rose asked him. At his nod she said, "Well lead the way!"

It didn't take them long to reach the place Shikamaru talked about. It was a rather nice house with a `For Sale' poster in the front yard.

"No one has bought the house in years, so I hang out here and keep it nice so it doesn't get dusty." Shikamaru explained to them. He had done a good job in making it nice was basically the thought on everyone's mind when they saw the inside of the house. It almost looked as if someone actually lived there. "You can put Naruto on the couch and I'll go get the medical supplies." He said to Rose who was holding Naruto. She and set Naruto down carefully.

"Thank you so much Shikamaru." She said gratefully. As soon as Shikamaru came back with the medical supplies she set to work, when she finished Naruto had fallen asleep and the group wanted answers.

"Alright, you better tell us why you made it a big deal to come here and not a hospital." Sakura demanded.

"*sigh* alright… listen well you see he…we aren't normal… we're…we're Vamps." Everyone's face turned to shocked faces.

"What?! But there are no such things as Vampires!" Lee shouted. But he swallowed his words, as suddenly Rose's eyes glowed silver and turned cattish while her canines grew longer and sharper. Just as it showed up it was gone.

"Just because you don't notice things doesn't mean it's not there." She told them. Then turned to Naruto, "If you don't want us here now I understand. We'll go…" She whispered.

"No! It's ok." Sakura said, "I mean we spent the whole afternoon with you and you didn't harm us…" Rose looked to the rest to see if they thought the same thing and they all nodded slowly, I mean Naruto and Rose had been nice to them all afternoon and never once tried to hurt them.

"Thank you so much!" Rose said, "You don't know how much this means!" A tear of happiness was streaming down her face. Naruto started to stir and he groaned.

"You told them didn't you." Was the first thing he said.

"Um… Well yeah." Rose said sheepishly. Naruto groaned again.

"Um, why did that woman attack you?" Ino asked.

"She's a slayer and Naruto, um, eat her sister…"

"Hey! I had to feed! It's not my fault it just happened to be a slayer's sister!" Naruto said in defense. When they started talking about eating and feeding everyone took a step back from them.

"So you suck people's blood?" Tenten asked. Naruto eyes widened at the fear in her voice and looked at the others noticing the fear and he could also smell it.

"Well…yeah I mean if we don't feed we'd be dust, BUT it's only every other week, and doesn't HAVE to be humans. It's just if we feed on an animal it would be every other day."

"How exactly do you kill a Vampire?" Sasuke suddenly asked him.

AN: Well it looks like the next chapter will be how you kill a Vamp… I hope this is good because I like writing it.

And just so you know, I know they aren't in character and the girl Rose isn't a Mary-Sue, she's my OC. I also want a few names for a couple of the slayers…

Anyways Ja!