Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Tears For You ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Twenty-two

Title: Tears For You

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto. I own nothing.

Summary: It’s pouring rain, the air is thick with fog, and a dark figure sits alone on the roof of a house. [Implied SasuNaru]

A/N: Woo! Drabble twenty-two! Yay! Please review! Ja ne!




He barely felt the rain anymore, it having soaked through his clothes to numb his skin. The shingles of the roof he sat on dug into his back, but that wasn’t enough to make him leave. He was focused on the window just across the street, at the lithe figure moving about in the apartment. It was a foggy, wet night, but he could clearly see who the figure was.

“Naruto…” Sasuke whispered, his voice going unheard as little drops of rain clung to the tips of his bangs. It was risky doing this, he knew, because he was supposed to be an s-class missing nin. Had been for the last two years. But he couldn’t bring himself to leave. The blond kept him rooted to that spot.

Naruto moved about inside his apartment, unaware of the dark eyes following him. He ate a steaming cup of ramen, brushed his teeth, and slipped underneath the crisp cotton of his blanket. In the dark, his brain finally came to a halting stop, and one single thought drifted into his head: Will he ever come back?

The blond rolled onto his side, blue eyes falling to the raindrops racing down his window. Then his eyes widened as they were skimming the roofs of nearby houses, noticing a strange shadow on the nearest one. He shot up in bed; nose and hands pressed against the window as his breath fogged it up. The shadow was gone now, but for a second, Naruto thought he saw…wait, no. It couldn’t have been. There was no way that was…Sasuke.

Jumping from roof to roof, Sasuke quickly made his way out of Konoha. Once he was in the forest, sheltered from the rain, he stopped on a thin branch of a tree and sagged against the trunk. It may have been a mere second, but Naruto had seen him.

“Dammit!” Sasuke hissed, clenching his fingers in his shirt, just above his heart. He absolutely refused to acknowledge there were tears running down his face, mingling with the rain.

There was no way he would cry over Uzumaki Naruto. At least…not anymore.



~Owari~