Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Painted Targets ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Twenty-seven

Title: Painted Targets

Disclaimer: Naruto doesn’t belong to me.

Summary: Kakashi and Naruto have a little conversation about like and love. [Hinted SasuNaru and KakaIru]

A/N: Woot! Here’s another chapter for you! Yay! ^_^

P.S. Has anyone watched the ending to the Gravitation anime? Totally lame, in my opinion. In all honesty, they could’ve made it end much better than that. This is coming from a crazy authoress who owns all the books. Jeez, volume twelve had a better ending. Ah…review! Ja ne, minna-san!

P.S.S. I apologize in advance for Kakashi’s pervertedness. ^_^




He could not believe he was having this conversation with Kakashi, of all people. The man read porn all day, and he was talking like it was the most normal thing in the world. Frankly, Naruto was a little scared. There was no one around to stop the older man from talking. He was getting eve more embarrassed every time the Jounin mentioned anything to do with like or love.

“And I told Iruka not too long ago.” Kakashi was saying, smiling as he flipped a page in his precious, orange book. Naruto gaped at him, wondering what the hell his old sensei saw in such a perverted man. Granted, it was probably something that he himself couldn’t see, but somehow Iruka did. “He’s so cute, you know, when we’re in bed at night and he leans over and kisses me.”

“Gah! Enough! No more about Iruka!” Naruto slapped his hands over his ears, trying to block out any perverted things Kakashi might throw out at him. He had made a mistake meeting the silver haired man for ramen. All Kakashi wanted to do was talk about Iruka and his “feelings” for Sasuke. They weren’t feelings, dammit!

“Don’t be so shy.” Kakashi said loudly, so Naruto could still hear him even with his hands covering his ears. The blond glared at him. “How do you expect to kiss Sasuke if you won’t listen to what I’m telling you? Sooner or later you’ll have to tell him.”

“I don’t secretly like him!” Naruto howled, slamming his fist on the counter. The plates rattled, and the man behind the counter backed away from the two men staring heatedly at each other. “I’m not telling Sasuke anything, you pervert! I might as well paint targets on my back and walk into enemy territory!”

Kakashi stroked his chin, like it didn’t sound like a bad idea. “Well, maybe if you did, Sasuke would just jump you. That’s always a possibility.”

Naruto’s jaw dropped, not believing the words coming from his sensei’s mouth. Was the man that determined for he and Sasuke to be together? If that were the case, did Kakashi know something he didn’t?

“I’m leaving.” Naruto groaned, deciding he needed to have a talk with Sasuke and then Iruka about keeping Kakashi locked up somewhere. He was dangerous out in public, when you cared about keeping things to yourself. “I’ll see you later, Kakashi-sensei. I’ve gotta find Sasuke-teme.”

“Remember, Naruto, painted targets.” The silver haired man snickered behind his hand as he turned another page in Icha Icha Paradise, and missed the glare the blond boy shot at him. He was definitely going to talk to Iruka about locking Kakashi up.



~Owari~