Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Naruto Primer ❯ Uchiha Sasuke: I'm Better Than You... ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Naruto Primer: Uchiha Sasuke

I'm Better Than You

Sasuke has a problem.

He doesn't think he has a problem, but he does. And that problem is his superiority complex. He feels that he either is, or should be, better than everyone else in the entire world. Now, some people may call this a good thing that he has high enough self-esteem to believe in himself so strongly, but opinions as such could get him into trouble occasionally.

Sasuke believes he's better than his teacher, Kakashi. On his very first day, before he was even a genin, he was positive that he could take on a mighty jounin all by himself while doubting the skills of his teacher. Sasuke also knows that he is a true member of the Uchiha clan with a REAL Sharingan… TWO real Sharingans.

Sasuke believes he's better than his teammate, Sakura. He finds her to be positively obnoxious and doesn't think she can really ever achieve at reaching even the chuunin level. He thinks she's always holding him back and, even though he's sort of right, he knows he's better.

Sasuke believes he's better than his rival, Gaara. He didn't mind keeping Gaara waiting for a ridiculously long time. Screw Gaara. Sasuke KNOWS he's better than Gaara. He knew that if he just put in a little bit of effort and used his brand new moves that he had just learned, he could easily put Gaara away while other people could never even touch him.

Sasuke believes he's better than his other rival, Rock Lee. He knows that he was able to learn the attacks in a month that Rock Lee took years to learn. Lee managed to catch him off guard that one time, but everyone knows that Sasuke was just letting him get the best of him so that he could copy all of Lee's moves with his Sharingan. Also, Sasuke could defeat Gaara and send him into a state of instability, whereas Lee could not.

Sasuke believes he's better than another one of his rivals, Neji. He doesn't give Neji the time of day. He doesn't deserve it. He's not worthy. Neji isn't even good enough on Sasuke's scale to even have the honor of learning his name.

Sasuke believes he's better than his enemy, Orochimaru. Little did Orochimaru know, but Sasuke just gained power from Orochimaru's stupid experiments and curses. Sasuke knows that he'll just get all he can from Orochimaru and then defeat him. It may hurt, but not that much.

Sasuke believes he's better than his brother, Itachi. After only a few months of training, Sasuke felt that he was ready to take on his infamous brother, the one who killed the entire clan of legendary Uchihas. He knows that Itachi is weak, because only someone so weak would have to kill other weak people in order to prove to himself that he is strong.

Sasuke believes he's better than the entire pre-genin class. Three-men teams? That just slows him down. Sasuke felt that he should get a team all to himself with a one-on-one teaching sessions with a jounin. He doesn't talk to any of them during class. He sits by himself. They're below him. He graduated at the top of his class. He doesn't think he's better than them, he is.

Sasuke believes he's better than the entire pre-chuunin group. All of the genins who wished to be chuunins were below Sasuke. It was easy to see that during the two different tournaments that were conducted. Absolutely no one was up to par with Sasuke. And all the spectators were dying to see him fight. He figured he'd show up late just to hype the crowd up and prove to Gaara that no one was on HIS side.

Sasuke believes he's better than his teammate and rival, Naruto. He believes that…

"No." said Sasuke. "I don't BELIEVE I'm better than Naruto. I AM better than Naruto. Why? I just am."

In short, Sasuke knows that he is better than everyone else. Unfortunately, this makes him extremely cocky during battle, which makes him very sad when he loses. Very sad. Then he falls into his inferiority complex. But we'll cover that complex another day.