Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Perfect Stranger (Itachi) [FINISHED] ❯ Run Away ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

He could never defeat the infamous Itachi Uchiha. But I wondered if Kakashi knew that. They wanted me, it was obvious to those who understood the situation 6 years ago. But I will not tell you… not yet at the very least. I looked around myself. Naruto stood there, confused but utter wise prepared. I knew that he understood the situation at hand. Sakura, on the other side, did not fully grasp the concept that we were in a very dangerous predicament.
 
“Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura. Go back to the village, now.”
 
Sasuke turned around and immensely glared at me. Those eyes were starving for revenge, they needed it, they desired it so strongly. I shook my head harshly at him. A true ninja knows common sense. Apparently Sasuke is not and forever will not if he doesn't calm down. Both Naruto and Sakura hesitated. I waved at him.
 
“Go NOW!”
 
At god speed, they went deep in the forest and toward the village. Sasuke stood there at his ground. He wouldn't budge, he refused to move. You stupid idiot! A kunai came toward him while he looked my way. I quickly countered it. Then a barrage of kunais and shurikens came. I blocked each and every single kunai or shuriken.
 
“Sasuke, leave now! Itachi came here not by his own accord.”
 
The stupid bastard who kept the barrage up with the shark freak. I remembered reading about him. His name was Kisame or something like that but seriously, I could care less. I did a Jutsu that would stop the barrages of shuriken and kunai. Then the barrages had stopped. But it wasn't stopped by me… It was because of the Uchiha.
 
“Stop Kisame, we did not come here to start a war.”
 
A war? Was that going to start if we continued to fight? But why? Why wars?
 
“Sasuke. Please get away from this area. I promise you will never see me again…” I whispered to him.
 
I don't know what Sasuke was thinking. No.. I didn't want to know. I smiled. There was one way to protect everyone in the village. To protect them from this atrocious gang, the Akatsuki, meant that I must care for everyone in the village. Maybe but maybe not. They were quick to hate me yet… there was kindness in the eyes of hate. They wanted me to be happy. I am glad for that thing… for that one thing. But that was not the reason why I want to do… this. No, the reason is because, mother would have done the same if she was in my position. I dropped my guard.
 
“Hey!”
 
Everyone's attention was on me. If I leave the village, I wonder what would happen after that. Would life in the village be everything but sad or the complete opposite?
 
“If I come with you, will you spare the village?”
 
“WHAT!”
 
I turned around. Sasuke was purely angered at my decision. Well no duh! I would be too but it was the only way to save everyone. I know Kakashi would be mad too. In fact, he would try and defeat them in order for me to stay here. I started to walk toward them. For a moment, it reminded me of how I left my clan. How my mother forced me to leave. So then, the time here is just the same. I am being forced to leave the village yet again. But how can you really call it forced if you are doing it out of your own free will. When I got near them, they chakra-chained me. As if that would work but whatever. I didn't want to turn around when I heard my name called. It was for the best.
 
“NAOMI!”
 
The forest seemed much sadder. Maybe it was the atmosphere but… it could also be me. We jumped from branch to branch, no words said. The birds chirped above us. The leaves silently fell to the ground as the soft wind blew east. I remember what my mother used to say to me, “Sometimes if you focus really hard, you'll be able to see what you've always wanted. I looked in front of me. All I saw was darkness. I was falling into a hole that I will never be able to get out. Maybe its for the best. Man, I'm being so pessimistic.
 
That night, we stopped only midday. I said nothing. They built a campfire. Like I care if I'm cold or not. I sat against a tree trunk, and watched them silently made camp. I tilted my head. I was staring at anything. I was just deep in thought. I was thinking about what would happen. For the first time, I felt like I couldn't talk, only reply to others by shaking my head and shrugging my shoulders. I can only think about what I want to or feel like saying in my head. And you're the only one who knows.
 
“Hey. You hungry?”
 
I shook my head. I saw him shrug and then ask the Uchiha. He also shook his head. Again he shrugged and said that he was going to catch some fish. I thought he was a fish. OH wait a minute, since he's a shark, he'll probably like fish raw. Eww, that's disgusting. He left me and the Uchiha alone while he went to murder fish in the river. There was a silent awkward moment but I didn't really see it as awkward. But the time shark boy came, I was tired. Apparently he caught a lot of fish. Its not wonder he's fat. I wonder if he used his fish call. I laid my head on top my arms that was wrapped around my knees. I'm tired and I'm going to sleep, no matter who or what calls my name. From now on, I will not talk. I felt as thought I have lost my voice.