Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Unity: Book I- Freshman Year ❯ East & West ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Unity: Book I- Freshman Year
 
Chapter One: East & West
 
In the student population among the high school society there are always two schools in particular who grow to despise each other through out their years of standing. Sure other schools can have their rivalries but none of them turn out as serious or as devastating as those two particular schools because for some reason there's more to it within that duo than what it means to everyone else in the high school empire.
 
In this case of normality those two schools are Soulstice High and Amethyst High. This ongoing feud wasn't something that started up at some school function like a football game or a basketball game; this battle began back when the schools were in their third year from when they were built.
 
Soulstice and Amethyst High are not so far away from each other; each school is only a ten to thirteen minute walk or ride from the neighborhood they are near. The feud between these schools began on the streets out breaking into a small yet gruesome battle involving guns and fists. The origin of the Kamikaze Corner Battle was from when an Amethyst Junior almost, literally, gave a Soulstice Sophomore's little sister a heart attack for exposing her to water balloons; she had hydrophobia and the sudden contact of each balloon caused her to go into a state of unadulterated fear and pure screeching.
 
Amethyst was also the first to pull the trigger; a senior shot five bullets into the window of a freshman's bedroom nearly missing his head. The battle lasted three full days and in the end Soulstice emerged to the top but Amethyst retrieved their revenge after shooting three Seniors and a Sophomore to death in an alley near Shinobi Stadium during the final quarter of the Championship game between the duo which Amethyst won robbing their adversary of their title.
 
As the years passed the feud between the students of the schools reached novelty heights, each one more sinister than the last. They had such easy access to one another because the neighborhoods are right next to each other only to be separated by a corner hence the name of the battle that began the feud. Soulstice High students live in the east neighborhood, Everwood, and Amethyst High students live in the west neighborhood, Waverly. In order for any of the students to get home they must cross through Kamikaze Corner due to how abnormally large the corner is. Once crossed over that part there are two streets that lead to the exclusive neighborhoods. Nagasaki Way leads into Everwood and Tsukunami Road goes into Waverly and beyond those roads none of the opposing students see each other unless they come out and spot each other.
 
Bitterness between the schools is powerful but the no level is stronger than the freshman year. Usually being a freshman means that no one particularly likes you in the higher grades, no one knows you until you make a name for yourself, and no one values you unless there is a reason they should.
 
The freshman year is the most rewarding year any student could have within these schools but it is, also, the most treacherous. Every freshman becomes a target because, pertaining to their name, they are considered fresh meat; the more they're hit, the more they'll want to back down unless they're someone who really doesn't allow a load of crap from anyone.
 
Everything happens during freshman year; it's where the students of the schools learn everything about the feud. They learn the origin, the locations, the tactics, everything they need to have knowledge of if they ever plan on understanding what is happening around them. If a freshman already has knowledge then that means they have an older sibling attending the schools or they just know from personal experience.
 
The only reason why this confrontation continues to be called a feud is because each school is waiting for the other to make that one move that crosses that fine line between moderate battle and out right war. The question is who will make that move that changes everything…?