Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ When Darkness Falls ❯ Prologue: Matilda Dickson ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto or the movie “Darkness Falls”

Summary: The town of Konoha in the 1800s, when Matilda Dickson was still alive.

Pairing: SasuNaru   -x-X-x- <*~.o.O.o.~*> When Darkness Falls <*~.o.O.o.~*> -x-X-x-  

Prologue: Matilda Dickson

It is said, that over 150 years ago, in the town of Konoha, located on the southwestern coast of Japan, Matilda Dickson was loved by all the children. Unfortunately, like any fishing villiage, there was bound to be accidents. The most tragic took place January 13th, 1836, when the wayward vessel ‘Guiding Light’ was caught in a horrible storm and was lost at sea. Records indicate that 15 of the townsmen were killed that day. Matilda Dickson’s husband, sadly, was one of those men. Once Sunny passed on, she began to give the children a gold coin in exchange for a tooth that they lost; just something small to mark the occasion, and earning her the name, “The Tooth Fairy”. Though many of the parents thought the practice a little strange, they knew that Matilda was a good person, and it made the children happy.

But, fate was not kind to Matilda. It was during a cold night in 1840 that a terrible fire raged through her house on Nighthouse Point. By the time the town came to her aid, the fire had already been put out, and Matilda refused to come to the door or seek assistance. The fire left her face horribly scarred. Matilda’s burned flesh was so sensitive to light, she could only go out at night Things then changed for Matilda and the town - she no longer went outside during the day, and it was rumored that her face was hidden behind a simple porcelain mask, so that no one could ever look upon it.

The night of September 23rd, 1841 changed everything. It was late one afternoon when two young children told their parents they were paying a visit to the tooth fairy, and that they would be right back. Hours passed and still, the children were gone. Their parents’ concern quickly turned to anger as they began to blame the ‘crazy old woman’ for the children’s disappearance. The mob dragged her to a huge tree, and one of the men threw a noose over one of the branches - she put up a fierce struggle, screaming at the men. They pulled her hands from her face, and her porcelain mask fell to the ground as they tightened the noose around her neck and raised her up. And with her dying breath, Matilda lay a curse on the small town of Konoha.

The next morning the two children were found, safe and sound. The town buried their secret along with Matilda’s body. Ever since then, there are some who believe that Matilda visits the children of Konoha on the night they loose their last tooth, seeking her vengeance on all who lay eyes upon her face, and fulfilling her curse.

“What I took before in kindness, I will take forever in revenge.”

End Prologue.

AoS: Alright, I’d just like to say, that I saw this movie yesterday, and I sat down and sat up all night scheming :3 I would really like about 3 or 4 reviews until I start posting, but, since when I say that, it doesn’t seem to get me anywhere, I’ll just update every Wednesday or Thursday, and every Sunday or Monday. One of the two, depending on which parent I’m with that weekend XD. So, yeah, look for Chapter 1 either Wednesday or Thursday, okay? ^_^