Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Why Orange? ❯ Boycott ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
'thoughts
emphasis
'
Kyuubi speech
Chapter 4 Boycott
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Sakura looked at the group she had asked Tsunade to assemble. It consisted of Team Asuma, Team Kurenai, Team Guy, Ebisu, Konohamaru, Udon, Moegi, Ibiki, Anko, Genma, Raido, Jiraya, Sai, Yamato, Kakashi, Shizune, and Iruka. Tsunade sat down behind her desk, "Go ahead Sakura."
"Hai. Everyone today I found out exactly why Naruto eats at Ichiraku so much and it has nothing to do with his love of ramen. Apparently Ichiraku is the only restaurant that doesn't serve him rotten food."
Kakashi dropped the Icha Icha book he'd been reading in shock; while everyone but Iruka yelled a simultaneous, "What!"
Tsunade noticed the chunin's silence,"Iruka did you already know about this?"
Iruka nodded,"Yes but Naruto asked me not to make an issue out of it and unfortunately the restaurants aren't the only ones. The grocers won't sell him food that isn't ruined in some way."
Silence reigned throughout the room as everyone absorbed Iruka's words. Strangely enough it was Hinata who broke the silence, "Thats horrible! We have to do something!"
Everyone nodded in agreement and Sakura started speaking, "Well I have an idea on how to deal with the restaurants at least."
Kakashi picked up his book, "Let's hear it."
"I think we should boycott all restaurants other than Ichiraku. If we make it plain that we'll only eat at restaurants that treat Naruto well they'll have to stop treating him so horribly. Considering everyone who loves Naruto and everyone we know, together we should be able to apply enough pressure for it to work. Will all of you help?"
Everyone answered in the affirmative except Choji who was contemplating all of the implications.(i.e. no more barbecue) Suddenly he looked up saying, "I'll help and I can get one grocers to sell Naruto good food so that we can boycott the other grocers."
Sakura was so happy that even Choji was willing to give up his favorite food, she glomped him and gave him a big sloppy kiss on the cheek.
"Thank you sooo much Choji! All right let's get to work!"
The shinobi all split up to recruit more people for the boycott.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Naruto was sitting on his sleeping bag mind reeling. 'Sasuke wants me? Sasuke wants me'
Kit! stop repeating yourself. You've established that Uchiha wants you already. Sheeze. Move on to the more important part of his statement.
'Huh?'
I can see why he calls you a moron. He said he was going to steal your heart and make you fall in love with him.
'Oh. But I already love him Kyu.'
I know that! The point I'm trying to make is that he's going to court you.
'But he doesn't have to.'
True but don't tell him that. You deserve to be courted kit.
' What you went from a horny perverted voyeur to a concerned big brother?'
I'm still a horny perverted voyeur but just because I'm sexually frustrated doesn't mean I don't care about you otouto-kun.
'Somehow you're scarier when you're in big brother mode than when you're pissed off. So what am I supposed to do about Sasuke?'
Let him court you. Make him work for your affection. If he gets you too easily he might not appreciate you. Also show more of your true personality to him, kinda like a reward for his efforts.
'You sure about this?'
Absolutely.
'Okay I'll try it. Thanks Kyu.'
You're welcome kit.
Naruto dropped of to sleep then.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In the Uchiha estate Sasuke was pacing and plotting. Like most Uchihas he's plagued with insomnia. However, he make good use of his extra time by honing his plans to perfection. Right now he was trying to decide his first move to make Naruto fall for him. 'Flowers? Too sappy too soon. Chocolate? I don't know what kind he likes. Pay for his ramen at Ichiraku? I do that all the time. I can't take him anywhere else for dinner. Maybe... Oh Yes. That's perfect.' Course of action decided Sasuke settled down to perfect his plan.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Naruto was being dragged through a grocery store by Sakura.
"Sakura-chan why am I here again?"
"Because you need to eat more than ramen to stay healthy,"
Naruto just sighed, he knew better than to argue with her. Once the little hand basket was filled they headed for the check-out counter. Naruto waited for the routine of the cashier recognizing him, then stalling while the fresh food was switched with rotten, broken, or ruined to start, but it never happened. The cashier simply said good morning, rang the food up, and bagged it. Naruto paid for it and left the store reeling.
"Sakura-chan, Did something happen to the store's owner?"
"No. Why do you ask?"
"Um the cashier was nice to me, that never happens."
"Oh that. Well Choji and his family made it clear that they consider you a friend of the family and that they would be very upset if you were treated rudely."
Naruto stopped in his tracks and stared at Sakura, "The Akamichi's did that? Really?"
"Yes, you shouldn't be so surprised you know. Choji does consider you his friend after all."
Naruto just smiled happy that Choji and his family cared enough to intimidate a grocers into treating him like any other customer.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sasuke finished setting up his surprise for Naruto and went to find his usuratonkachi.