Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ One-Winged Angel ❯ Teaser for Chapter Three Rewrite ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

One-Winged Angel

Chapter Three

By Suekeiichi Kaiton (suekeiichikaiton@yahoo.com)

 

---NERV Headquarters---

 

"Where's Shinji-kun? Didn't he come with you, Rei?" Rei's hair was still wet from her shower. Misato was drinking a can of UCC Coffee in one of the many employee lounges. She'd just finished off the mountains of paperwork resulting from the blackout and also Hyuga's mindless decision to allow unauthorized civilians into Central Dogma. She was certain that some of the forms were supposed to be filled out by Ritsuko but since their signatures held the same weight (at least on civilian documents) it really didn't matter. The purple-haired captain was certain that it was just another example of the American adage that `shit rolls downhill.'

 

"I do not know captain, shall I look for him?" Rei straightened and looked at the normally inebriated officer.

 

"Would you mind, Rei?"

 

"I will return in a moment, captain." Rei turned back towards the locker rooms and walked silently through the dim corridors. She was unaware of the reason for Shinji's delay since they both stepped out of the shower at the same time. She reasoned that he could have collapsed due to stress, it was not unheard of for people under the amount of pain and insecurity that they were subjected to and it had happened in the past. It was only when she walked through the entrance that Ikari's tardiness was explained, even if she could not fathom the reasons.

 

Rei stood in the open doorway looking at the two rows of lockers facing each other and her eyes widened almost imperceptibly.

 

Shinji was standing at the far end of the room in front of her locker, still naked from his shower. This by itself was not enough to give Rei pause, she was familiar with the human anatomy, no, it was rather what his hands were doing that interested the azure-haired teen. The only noise was a steady dripping of water from the showers and the harsh sound of Ikari's heavy breathing.

 

His legs were spread about a head apart, his thin adolescent thighs quivering with the movement of his arm. Said arm was quickly moving his hands in a closed fist around the shaft of his manhood as it stood proud and erect from his patch of ginger-brown pubic hair. His other hand was holding Rei's discarded plugsuit from their earlier synch test. She watched in fascination as her fellow pilot's tongue peeked out from between his pink lips and licked the puckered inside ridge of the suit's crotch piece.

 

Rei was aware that Shinji was masturbating, it was not a foreign concept to her, but she wondered just why he was licking her plugsuit. She was aware, intellectually, that men performed oral sex on women, but in all of the resource materials provided for her she had no knowledge of a male masturbatory practice involving plugsuits. She stepped back and continued to watch Shinji pump himself, his eyes closed, his back arched, one hand all but shoving the supple vinyl suit into his mouth; it was clear that he was about to ejaculate.

 

He cried out abruptly, pulling the foreskin desperately as he came. Rei's right eyebrow rose in surprise at the amount of semen ejected from his body, the thick seed spattering noisily against the thin titanium floor. It came in thick spurts, opaque fluids swimming with his genetic data. He continued jerking as he came, bucking his naked hips wildly into his hands and crying out `Ayanami! Ayanami!' before he collapsed onto the metal plank that acted as a bench.

 

Rei's eyes grew wide at his exclamation. She turned quickly away and pressed her suddenly clammy back against the wall of the corridor. She understood why he was doing what he was doing, but was unable to understand it; she'd made the connections between her plugsuit and the odd fluids which leaked from her on occasion, it was similar to the sexual fetish regarding used women's underwear. The fact that he was shouting _her_ name caused an involuntary tremor up and down her spine.

 

He was licking the inside of her plugsuit in an attempt to take into himself her vaginal secretions. This type of action implied both a desire for sexual union and a certain degree of sexual frustration; it was the latter that mystified the young Ayanami. Had she not been in an intimate situation with Ikari before and done nothing to dissuade his advances? Perhaps she had not been clear enough in her acquiescence to his needs? Ikari-kun seemed to hold her in high esteem, why did he not simply ask her to join him or disrobe on those occasions where they were alone?

 

She greatly desired to experience sexual union but was aware of the dangers inherent in such behavior, the least of which being sexually-transmitted diseases. She determined that in the future she would not use the privacy divider in the locker room.

 

She heard the rustle of tissue and cloth. Walking back to the lounge, Rei Ayanami began to analyze the new data on Ikari. With Pilot Sohryu in the infirmary for the near future and another battery of synch tests the next day, she was certain that Ikari would be more receptive to her.

 

"Did you find him, Rei?" Misato's query burst the monosyllabic girl's bubble of thought before waving her hand in front of Rei's eyes. "Is he coming?"

 

"He already came."

 

Katsuragi raised an eyebrow, puzzled by the obtuse wording her change chose to use, and grabbed her on the shoulder. "What? What do you mean?"

 

"Sorry I'm late!" Shinji ran up the hall and greeted his guardian with a smile. Rei simply glanced at him and continued her plans.

 

---Matsushiro---

 

Ranma watched the Katakuris faces grow pale and their mouths open dumbly. Kozou smiled slightly and glanced sideways at his colleague.

 

"Kozou, these are Masao and Terue Katakuri, they own a pension just up the trail." Fuyutsuki bowed and the pair nearly bent themselves double bowing in return. "Could you just wait here for just a moment?"

 

Fuyutsuki nodded.

 

Ranma grabbed the Katakuris by a hand each and dragged them into the kitchen. He was surprised Masao hadn't suffered a stroke.

 

"Listen you two, I have to leave tonight and go to Tokyo-3 with these gentlemen. Masao, I asked you over here tonight because I'd like you to watch the house for me while I'm away." Ranma didn't wait to see if they would agree, instead he pulled out an envelope from a drawer and handed it to Masao. "Since the house is in such bad shape," he lied, "I'll be sending you money every month for upkeep and repairs."

 

Masao opened the manila bank envelope and pulled out three 100,000-yen bills.

 

"You'll also have to take care of Sakaki and Kaori. I've left you instructions by the refrigerator. I'll call you once I'm settled so you can send the crates that are in the tearoom." He was pretty sure Masao had fainted. He turned to Terue. "Have you got that?"

 

Unable to speak, the stricken former saleswoman nodded slowly before fainting as well. Ranma simply sighed. Well, they did better than he'd expected, at least they'd stayed conscious in front of Fuyutsuki.

 

A stainless-steel thermos was sitting on the counter beside the mochi sweets he'd received through Miyuki Honda's shop. Taking both and draping his coat over an arm, Ranma collected his old friend from the dining room and walked out to the black cars blowing purple exhaust into the clear night sky. It was only when they were safely ensconced within the vehicle that either spoke.

 

"I saw Kihl earlier today."

 

"Oh did you? And what did he have to say?" Fuyutsuki crossed his legs in the dimly lit interior and crossed his arms. It would be like Kihl to visit out of the blue - he must've thought Ikari would drag his ass…

 

"Just the usual routine. `I'm in control.' You know his attitude." Ranma smirked in the dark. "He was acting kind of like Ikari."

 

Fuyutsuki smiled at that. "Just don't you forget that he's going to be your new boss."

 

"Ha! I'll never take orders from the likes of him, never have, never will. That's the reason I left in the first place if you don't remember."

 

"Yes, well," Kozou shifted uncomfortably, "I have to brief you on your duties. They will be two-fold: first, you will be assisting Dr. Akagi with the repairs to Unit-02, and scond, you will be assisting the medical staff in the treatment of the Pilots."

 

"What will be my security clearance?"

 

"Beta."

 

"So Ikari trusts me enough to help him save the world but not enough to see his chamber of horrors? Does he really think he can keep me out?" It was a logical question, Ranma _had_ helped the elder Akagi design and program the prototype MAGI. Fuyutsuki doubted that anything Gendo could come up with would hamper Ito in the least.

 

"I'm just telling you what he said. Your rank will be major but you'll be working almost exclusively with R+D."

 

"I think I'm starting to get the picture."

 

The car drove clear through the town proper and wound through the back hills until a bright patch of lights crested a tarmac incline. The sunken bunkers and domed generators stretched for many achres on the fenced-in area of what constituted NERV's Matsushiro Satellite Installation. The road grew steep as they glided across the velvet streets towards the airport. Ranma stepped out of the car once they halted before a brace of VTOLs.

 

Once they were aboard the stealth-issue VTOL, Ranma poured them both tea and unwrapped the sweets. It was going to take a little while for the engines to warm up, an unforeseen side effect of the radar-jamming, anti-heat coating, so the two simply sat and ate. The six Section 2 agents were standing by the two black cars out on the asphalt, guns drawn and ready for a surprise attack. Apparently there was an increasing number of terrorist groups, including Catholic and Hebrew extremists, interested in stopping NERV's economic superiority.

 

Ranma was aware that the economic/social position of the world was radically unequal and that most of the world was still trying to recover from Second Impact. Rampant starvation and violent uprisings spread across the globe and it was only the top tier G-5 nations that adequately absorbed the financial repercussions of the catastrophe. The USA, European Union, China, and Japan were the only countries to have NERV installations and in a world `ruled' by the United Nations it was only fitting that those locations with government agencies faired better.

 

It was the United States that truly controlled the world beyond SEELE's control, it was the only country in the world that had not one but _two_ NERV installations - even though they really didn't do too much in terms of the organization. The UN was based in Washington with their host of special councils and committees based in the New Boston (Boston-2). The boarders of the US stretched from the North Pole down to the terminated nub of what remained of Mexico. Central America no longer existed but the USSA (United States of South America) had emerged as a distinct threat to the rest of the world; a den of militant refugees from Cuba, Central America, Europe, and the Middle East used the USSA as a launching station for anti-UN activities.

 

The European Union comprised the entirety of Europe, from the small British Isles (or what remained of them) stretching to the borders of Russia all the way down to the Straits of Gibralter and across to the East through Turkey. The Union had but one NERV installation but _three_ secondary satellites. From NERV-Berlin the nation of Europe's wealth delineated down tot he nearly destitute regions of the state of Turkey and Italy. Vatican City was allowed to remain autonomous, under duress, and refused outside intervention. As a result, the EU declared the peninsula of Italy `The Vatican Lands' and placed borders patrols on the other side of the Alps. Needless to say, the Vatican did not have a seat in the UN.

 

China fared fairly well after the apocalypse and invaded India, Mayanmar, and the remains of the Phillipeans. NERV-Hong Kong held sway over the twelve R+D centres, and two warehouses. China was arguably the wealthiest country in the world in terms of autonomous capitol, the US being the second since it was the control centre for the world, Japan third due to NERV, and Europe fourth.

 

Russia and Africa were unable to reconcile themselves after the floods, and the Middle East was total chaos. None but UN peacekeeping forces ventured into the Cradle of Life. Russia collapsed under the strain and separated into nearly fifty states. Africa's economy was already in disarray before the 3-mile high tidal wave wiped half of the continant clean.

 

Thus, while Japan seemed prosperous and highly developed - nearly at the same point as they were pre-Impact - the people of Brazil and Argentina were losing 0.7% of their total populations each week. Ranma's thoughts were scattered as the VTOL's engines rumbled to life and the lights of Matsushiro dropped away from the porthole across from him. Fuyutsuki had finished his sweets and quaffed his fragrant green tea.

 

"How bad is it?"

 

Kozou looked up. His eyes were cold. "20% of the Unit's mass has been lost already and nearly 87% of the energy connections have decayed."

 

Saotome set his cup down and closed his eyes. "I see. What about the pilot?"

 

"Third-degree burns over 12% of her body. The wounds are resistant to bio-memetic therapy and cellular agitation. She also appears to be losing control and feeling in her legs. Dr. Akagi suspects that the Angel's acid acts as a biological/wave pattern disrupter."

 

Ranma opened his eyes and looked at his friend seriously. "It's a ki disruption. The waveform of Angels inherently distorts or realines the patterns of humans."

 

"I still have my doubts about that theory of yours." The older-looking man crossed his arms and smiled.

 

Ranma frowned. "Don't give me that smirk. Kozou Fuyutsuki! I know I'm right, whether you or Ikari want to believe it is up to you but that doesn't mean it isn't the correct explanation."

 

"I just said `I have my doubts,' I didn't say that it was wrong! Ikari wouldn't have sent for you if he didn't think there was some truth to your theories." Fuyutsuki looked toward the front and out the cockpit window. "We'll be in Tokyo-3 in about three hours, you can take it up with him when we arrive."

 

He grimaced. "Ugh…I'd rather not even see him."

 

"Why? Afraid you're going to hit him?"

 

"No," Ranma gave Fuyutsuki a chilling smile, "I'm afraid I'll kill him."

 

---Tokyo-3, that afternoon---

 

"I warned you not to antagonize him." Fuyutsuki sat down in a cheap plastic chair, crossing his legs and arms. The noonday sun, or at least the few rays that filtered through the skylights fitted into the infastructure of Tokyo-3 above, shined out the hospital ward window.

 

"I could have him shot," Gendo said sullenly from the waiting room couch. The two were seated in a private sitting room cut off from the main floor lest the peons spy their commander nursing a purpling cheek.

 

"Now, now, Ikari, at least wait until he finishes the repairs to Unit-02." `My, Ranma certainly gave him a wallop!' Fuyutsuki winced at the deep purple bruise with its sallow yellow ring and wondered how Ikari's jaw wasn't broken. "I warned you not to bother him in the Pribnow Box-"

 

"I'll have him on insubordination." Kozou nearly burst out laughing at the childish pout on his former student's face but settled for a wry smile.

 

"Don't look now but your attacker is here." The older man pointed out the window to the corridor, partially obscured by white venician blinds, where a certain doctor in GEHIRN uniform was striding purposefully towards the ICU.

 

Moments passed in hours as the two corralled stallions glared at one another, a frozen moment of malevolent aggression between the two lovers of Yui Ikari. Gendo's eyebrows drew down and he snarled behind the bright blue icebag pressed against his swollen jaw, his icy eyes meeting in some invisible space Ranma's piercing blue. Ranma, for his part, met the upstart's attack with his own and with over seventy years of experience the pseudo-Ikari stood no chance.

 

Fuyutsuki watched Gendo turn away. The tall pony-tailed man continued on his way towards the intensive-care ward.

 

"Cancel my appointments for tomorrow, Fuyutsuki."

 

`Officious little prick! Telling me my job!' Ranma burst through the ICU doors, his white lab coat swirling against the eddies of compressed air blowing from hastily yanked oxygen spouts. Ritsuko and Maya were waiting for him at the end of the massive atrium filled with the wounded from the previous Angel attack.