Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Warrior WithIn ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
THE WARRIOR WITHIN

Disclaimer: Own Nothing. Can't Afford It. (Crying Now)

Chapter Two: Hurt

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Levi had finally arrived in Tokyo-3 along with Unit 04. The only thing left was for him to do now was to move into his apartment a door down from Misato's. But before that, he had a little business with the Third Child to conduct.

He had made a bet with Z, for a hundred dollars, that he could beat Shinji Ikari in a fight.

Misato and the two children were supposed to meet him at the airport, but he didn't see the blue car as of yet. He decided he would relax and enjoy a smoke break.

Levi pulled out a little cigar, lit it and took a deep drag. He let the smoke fill his lungs, giving him memories of before.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(Flashback)

Z and Levi were standing outside, both had a cigar. This was a little ritual for them before every mission: they had a smoke with each other. They did this because they couldn't know for sure that it wouldn't be their the last time they saw each other.

Levi and Z had been friends since they were kids. They never would have met if they hadn't had a mutual friend by the name of Matt.

Matt died at the age of 13 trying to stop a fight between two other teenagers at a movie theater. He was stabbed and died at the hospital. Z and Levi were there when he died. They saw him get stabbed at the theater, and followed him all the way to the ER. It had been three years since that day, and both Levi and Z had never forgotten it. That was the first time the pair had ever killed someone. After they found out who killed Matt they hunted him down and killed him, as well as the boy that he was in the altercation with.

Those were two bodies that the police would never find.

After that Levi's parents died in a car crash and he had nowhere else to go, so Z's parents adopted him. They lived together until the age of 14 where they ran away and joined the military. That lead them right now to the present.

(End Flashback)

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

'Ah those were the days' Levi thought.

He was almost finished with his smoke when he spotted Misato and the two children walking towards him. He grinned. He had a bet to win, but for right now, it would have to wait.

Misato spotted Levi smoking, 'Hmmm, that was in his profile', she thought. Finally they got to the new pilot.

"Hi, I'm Misato. I'm your...

"Commanding officer, right?" he said, cutting her off

"That's right."

"No. You're not."

Already Misato didn't like this kid. Before she thought Asuka had a lot of pride, but this kid could beat her hands down.

Levi wasn't dumb. He had heard about Shinji and Asuka, at each others throats, but like true comrades. For that reason, Levi turned his focus to Asuka. He'd get Shinji so mad he'd swing at him, but the only way was through her.

"So, your Asuka?" he asked the redhead.

"That's right." Asuka said with a smile.

"So, you're the red haired devil everyone speaks of. You don't look like one." he smirked.

Asuka looked mad. "Thank you... I think."

He smirked. "No, you look more like a bitch to me, a scared little girl, someone who's afraid of her own shadow."

Asuka's eye was twitching at this, her fist clenched and her lips turned to a scowl. Before she could do anything, Shinji got in her way. That caught her a little off guard.

‘What is he doing?' Asuka thought as the Third Child stood in front of her.

Shinji and Levi had their eye's locked on each other, The Third Child was clinching and unclinching in right fist.

Levi was expecting this from him. He was protective just like Z said he would be.

"What? Is the scaredy cat Third Child going to hit me?"

Levi didn't get the answer he was expecting as Shinji threw a straight jab with his left that connected with Levi's nose. A small spurt of blood came forth and Shinji would have followed up with a right when he felt a sharp pain in his right eye that caught him off guard and sent him to the ground.

Asuka saw Shinji throw the punch to protect her honor, but she didn't expect Levi to just keep smirking even with his nose broken and bleeding everywhere.

Shinji sprang back to his feet and lunged at Levi. Asuka watched as Levi threw a kick that would have leveled Shinji, had he not ducked and then sprang up to deliver an uppercut to Levi's face. She stared, wondering where she had seen that kind of kick before. She saw Levi punch Shinji in the face and throw another kick to the side of his head that tossed him back.

That's when it hit her. 'He's using Muay Thai,' she thought. 'Of course he would, it's in his file.' she suddenly gasped with a small amount of unwelcome fear. 'Shinji!'

She was brought out of her thoughts when Shinji started to get up, his eye bleeding.

"Care to keep going?" Levi grinned again.

Shinji forced both eyes open and Levi gave a subtle gasp. The look in his eyes, one he recognized before. That same hungry, angry, pissed off I'm-gonna-kill-you look that he and Z had had many times. He was shocked to say the least, this wasn't in the profile he had read about the Third Child.

'Neither was he supposed to be THIS aggressive' Levi thought as Shinji moved, quicker than he expected and ended up getting punched in the throat.

Levi stumbled back and coughed as he held his throat. Part of him had to give Shinji credit. Not many people could keep fighting like this after suffering his Thai Kick. Along with Z he would have to add Shinji to the list.

However, another part of him forced him to win this fight.

Levi went on the offensive and managed to catch Shinji off guard, leaping into the air and kicking him twice in the chest before landing then leaping up and throwing a Thai Kick that nearly knocked Shinji down again. He pressed forward, throwing combo after combo of punches at him.

Misato couldn't stand to watch it anymore as she pulled her gun and fired a shot in the air.

Levi stopped as soon as he heard the shot. A fearful realization came to him: he had lost control again.

Asuka ran over to Shinji. He was bleeding from his eye, lip, and nose, he probably also had a few broken ribs he took a few hard Thai kicks to them.

Levi was already on his phone. He waited until Z answered the phone.

(Phone Call)

Z: (tired) hmmm....Hello?

Levi: Z, it's yur boy.

Z:(tired/annoyed) What you want?

Levi: Let me guess, you have a girl?

Z: (tired) That's right, now what you want?

Levi: I won the bet.

Z: Really? Was it easy?

Levi: No. (scared) I-I lost control again.

Z: (awake) It's ok, man. Just do what I taught you to do.

Levi: (happy) I will. I'll call you later.

Z: Peace.

(End phone call)

As Levi was on the phone he saw Shinji getting up. He was a little wobbly, but he managed to stand.

'REALLY didn't give you enough credit'. Levi thought.

Shinji wasn't done yet. He shook off Asuka, mostly because he didn't want her to see him like this.

"We're not done yet!" Shinji growled as he strained to stand.

"We were done the moment you hit the ground." Levi said.

"NO!" the Third shouted.

"You're in no condition to continue this fight." he explained. 'A little bit more and I wouldn't be either' he thought. "But more than that, you're weak, Shinji."

Shinji threw him the same cold glare he had before.

Levi waited until everyone was looking at him before popping his nose back into its proper place. That was always the fun part, having people watch when he did it. As soon as his blood flow stopped he still smirked at Shinji.

"You've got guts, Shinji, and fire, but you still lost. The reason is because you're weak, and that's the difference between us. But I can help you with that, just take my hand." he said, extending his right hand towards the Third.

Something in Shinji's mind was screaming at him to say 'yes'. It was telling him that he would need to be strong to destroy his enemy's. And he would need to strong if he wanted to protect her.

Shinji knew at that moment when he shook Levi's hand that he had made a pack with the devil. He also knew there was something else he had to say. He gripped Levi's hand, and pulled him close to him with strength that surprised the boy soldier.

"I accept. But I think you're in the same boat I am." Shinji said under his breath.

He released Levi's hand and headed back to Misato's car. Asuka quickly followed him and Levi just watched. Levi knew this was the only way. Shinji was hurt worse than he had ever been after fighting the Angels. Not only was he hurt physically, but also mentally. He was tougher than he expected, but he wasn't strong enough. Had he wanted to really hurt Asuka, Shinji, even in his current state, wouldn't have been able to stop him.

They all walked back to Misato's car, each of them with different thoughts on there minds.

'The fate of the world is in his hands. God help us.' Misato thought at she fondled her cross.

'I will become stronger. For her sake.' Shinji thought as he continued walking.

'Shinji stuck up for me, fought for me... why?' Asuka thought as she ran after Shinji.

'Same boat, Shinji? I wish you were wrong.' Levi thought as he hefted his bag.