Original Stories Fan Fiction / Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ Unity ❯ Chapter 1

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

VERY LARGE DISCLAIMER & GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS STORY:
I am making no profit from this. It is only for enjoyment.
 
I do not own any rights to ANY of the following series: Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series (by Laurell K Hamilton), Merry Gentry series (by Laurell K Hamilton), Dark Visions (by L J Smith), the show or manga of Inu Yasha (by Rumiko Takahashi) and YuYuHakusho (by Yoshihiro Togashi)
 
I am using information I have collected from them about demons, psychics, elemental users, wereanimals, and vampires. I am however, picking and choosing what I use about them.
 
If you have read any of the Laurell K Hamilton books you will know how she has set the scenario. Vampires are legal citizens in the US. Wereanimals are still considered people. But there is always going to be discrimination against people who don't fit into the “norm”.
 
The setting of this piece of fiction is in the United States. As in Laurell K Hamilton's books, humans, faerie/fey, wereanimals, and vampires live together in mild peace. I am also adding psychics, elemental users, and demons. The demons I have in mind are the version from Inu Yasha and YuYuHakusho, not the evil beings in relation to religion, all though that will come into play as a conflict. The information I gain from psychics came mostly from L J Smith's books.
 
THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES TO THE ENTIRE STORY
---
Unity
 
Ch1
 
You open the brochure and begin to read.
 
Willow Springs High School
Willow Springs, Missouri
 
Here at Willow Springs, we are focused on student unity and believe that no boundaries, not even species, should come between friendship. We are one of the first schools to set the bar so high for equal opportunity. We offer both night and day courses. We take it upon ourselves to place student accordingly when it comes to athletic classes. We do this out of concern for our human students as they could become unintentionally injured.
 
Willow Springs has many students who have come a long way from their home state, and even those who come from a different country. We offer boarding services, which are on campus. The boys' dorm, to the left of the school, and the girls' dorm, to the right of the school, are three level buildings. The lowest level is completely below ground, for those of our students with an aversion for sunlight, and has five dorm sets. The nest level up is where the main entrance is. Also located on this floor are a laundry mat, snack and drink machines, and the students' counselor's room. Both the girls' and boys' counselor is highly trained and certified to advise vampires, wereanimals, psychics, and humans. This floor holds the first dorm set. The uppermost floor has seven dorm sets.
 
We have three types of individual rooms available. A single, while the most expensive, is also the most private. It has one bed and its connected private bathroom holds a bathtub with showerhead, a sink, and toilet. Next, the less expensive, double room. This room is shared between two people, having two beds, but one bathroom identical to the single's bathroom. The most cost saving is the quadruple, or quad room for short. This room, while crowded sometimes, is the most effective in getting to know your fellow students. It holds two bunk beds and a connected bathroom. The quad bathroom has two shower stalls, two toilet stalls, and a double sink.
 
Here at Willow Springs High School we have what we call dorm sets. Each dorm is a part of a set. Each dorm set has one single room, one double room, one quad room, a living room, and kitchen. The living room has a standard couch, chair, and bookshelf. The kitchen has a microwave, stove, and refrigerator.
 
When you arrive and check in, you'll be given two keys. One it to your dorm set and will have the set number engraved into it, the second key is to your dorm room. Please try not to loose either key, as there is a $15 replacement fee.
 
Day Classes
7:30 a.m. Class 1
8:40 a.m. Class 2
9:50 a.m. Class 3
11:00 a.m. Lunch Hour - lunch is served in the cafeteria or can be eaten in dorm set
12:00 p.m. Class 4
1:10 p.m. Class 5
2:20 p.m. Class 6
3:30 p.m. Classes Let Out
 
Night Classes
7:30 p.m. Class 1
8:40 p.m. Class 2
9:50 p.m. Class 3
11:00 p.m. Dinner Hour - dinner is served in the cafeteria or can be eaten in dorm set
12:00 a.m. Class 4
1:10 a.m. Class 5
2:20 a.m. Class 6
3:30 a.m. Classes Let Out
 
Other than the main required courses, we offer many elective courses including, but not limited to, foreign languages, music, choir, art, greenhouse, animal technologies, and sewing. We also offer more specialized courses that focus on certain abilities. Depending on a student's control of their abilities, a specialized class may or may not be required for them.
 
Here at Willow Springs High School, we have a variety of teachers. We still taking applicants for teaching positions. We do not discriminate.
 
A Note to Parents and Students
During their stay at Willow Springs High School, your child will be in constant contact with vampires, wereanimals, psychics, element users, faeries, demons, and many other different peoples.
 
Thank you for looking over the information on our school. We hope to see you soon.
 
_~-~_
 
TAKING CHARACTER APPLICATIONS
-feel free to send me your own characters
 
 
Students: Fill this out and email it to me. The positions that you leave blank I will fill in as I see fit.
-please keep in mind they are supposed to be high school students when filling out info
 
Name: first, middle, last (no more than 2 middle names)
Age: (16 - 20)
DOB: birthday duh. plz make sure the year corresponds with the age you gave
Gender:
Species: wereanimal, vampire, faerie, demon, psychic, human, other
Ability/Power: nothing too extreme
Nationality: where they're from (I speak English, but I do know a bit of French, Spanish, and Japanese. However, for the most part your character WILL speak English.)
 
Eyes: if you have slitted/animalistic/other pupils, plz state so
Hair: include color(s), length, & style worn
Height: feet & inches only
Weight: pounds only
Body Type: skin color, buff or slim, flat chested or not, no ass or bubble butt?
Piercings or Tattoos:
Clothing: just a general what your character would or would not wear
Other: anything else you want me to know about what your character looks like
 
Personality summary: just a little bit about how your character acts and why
Pessimist/Optimist/Sadist/Normal
 
These questions are for your character, not for you:
Do you smoke? If so, is it casual, only at parties, or only when your anxious/angry/upset?
Do you drink? If so, is it casual, only at parties, or only when your anxious/angry/upset?
Have you had sex? If so, with how many people, and why?
Sexual Preference: straight, gay, bi
Do you have any problems/impairments/allergies? Full moon, sunlight, bloodlust, blind, deaf, etc.
 
Favorite color(s)
Food(s)
Drink(s)
Music
Class(es)
 
What grade will your character be attending? If held back or skipped ahead, explain
Night or Day classes? You don't have to be a vampire to take night classes
What kind of student are they? what grades do they make, do they pay attention, or sleep through class
General cliche: what kind of friends? Cheerleader, jock, goth, etc.
Any extracurricular activities?
 
Will you have need of a dorm?
If yes, single, double, or quad?
 
Do you have any family?
Are they near or far away?
What sort of relationship do you have with your family?
Is your family wealthy or poor?
 
Any thing else you want me to know about your character:
 
FEEL FREE TO MAKE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER
 
 
Teachers: fill out & email to me
 
Name:
Age: (25-40)
Gender:
Species:
Appearance:
Attitude:
What class(es) do they teach?
Do they teach night/day/both?
Coach any sports?
 
FEEL FREE TO MAKE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER
 
SEND CHARACTERS TO - crystal_flame_12290@yahoo.com
Thanks.