Original Stories Fan Fiction / Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ Unity ❯ Chapter 2

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ch2
 
It was currently 1:30 in the morning, a time when most would be sleeping. One young woman, however, was sitting in her third story window, letting the cool wind play through her dark silver hair as she listened to the Florida traffic. Her pure silver fox ears twitched and swiveled to hear as much as they could. The streetlights made her liquid silver eyes glow. The night suited shadow fox demons and Sayamara Joshlynn MacKenzie was indeed a shadow fox demon.
 
Loud cries broke through the apartment, followed by the loud footfalls of her adoptive parents heading toward the baby's room. Their real child. It was a little girl, only four months old. Originally, they had thought that her mother was unable to conceive, so they had adopted her.
 
Just like picking out a puppy, they had brought home the cutest child. Who would think that a black haired, blue eyed baby with black little triangle ears and a black puffball tail, wasn't cute? The adoption agency had warned her parents that she would have special needs and urges that weren't the same as normal teenagers. Her parents had argued that nurture would win over nature and had left it at that. Her cuteness faded the same time as her hair. Her hair became dark silver while her tail and ears lightened to metallic silver tipped in pure white. The puffball gained length as she grew and now almost touched the ground when she stood. It was silky and made a great sleeping companion. Her skin was pale, almost like ivory. It was considered beautiful in many cultures, but Florida was not one of them. She had tried to tan on a few occasions, mostly pushed to do it by her parents, but it hadn't worked. She didn't burn, but she didn't tan either. Besides, she didn't like sunlight.
 
The baby had finally stopped crying. She hadn't cried much when she was a child. But she hadn't been a normal child, she was a fox demon. Her parents began distancing themselves from her when she was about six years old and they realized she could already read and write at an eleven year old's level. She matured quickly, as was normal for her species. When it came time for her to attend school, the difficulties it presented finally drew the line. She understood that her parents only saw her as an ungrateful human child and not the demon she was. She'd skipped classes all the time, only showing up for tests. She always did excellent on the tests, despite not being in class often. She was always so tired during the day and come night, she'd be riled up and unable to rest. At one point her parents had tried to force her to take medication for her “sleeping disorder”.
 
At school she'd been teased and often ended up as the scapegoat. Students would make fun of her appearance, pulling on her tail and calling her names. Teachers would pick at her intelligence and yell at her when someone else had been talking. She had never liked school. Sayamara picked up the brochure her parents had been sent. She doubted she would like Willow Springs High School any better.
 
Her silver eyes glared at her empty room. The day after receiving the brochure, Mara came home to find her room packed up. Her parents were saying that it would be good for all of them, but what they were thinking was that they didn't want the new baby subjected to her “weirdness”. With Sayamara gone, they could raise a normal child. They had always wanted a normal child.
 
School wasn't supposed to start up for another two weeks, but Mara's parents were sending her tomorrow morning. She'd take a plane from Florida straight to Missouri, and then take a bus to the school. Mara left her seat on the windowsill and flopped down on to her bare mattress, wondering about the latest turn in her life.
 
Unable to sleep, she leaned against the wall and waited for morning.
 
End of Chapter 2
 
Please send me your characters. Refer to chapter 1 for the information I need on them. Taking both students and teachers. PLEASE!
 
Once again, my email address is crystal_flame_12290@yahoo.com
Why am I asking for characters from you? The answer is that I want to create a more realistic situation. If I were making all the characters myself, they would be set up in my favor. When you send me characters, it's more like actual school, where not everyone gets along, even though they are going to have to live together for the most part. In short, I want to work the plot around the characters, not make the characters for the plot.
 
So please send in your characters.
 
Sincerely, Crystal_Flame