Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Hunted ( Chapter 74 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's been quiet on this road. If not for the rain, it would be completely silent. That didn't make it any less creepy. Ryuji rubbed on his arm.

"Are you okay?" Haruko whispered next to him. Her brother quickly nodded. Haruko patted him on the back.

"I know, I know," she said. "I can feel it too." Her brother gave her a strange look.

"Feel what?" he asked. She looked behind at the group following behind. The older girl leaned into her brother's ear.

"Do you really think we are alone out here?" Haruko asked. Ryuji wrinkled his nose.

"What are you talking about?" he whispered. His sister paused as she held out her hand.

"Shhh!" she whispered. "Just listen." Brother and sister slow down with their walking as they listened. At first, they heard nothing. Ryuji looked over at his sister.

"I don't hear anything," he whispered.

"Shhh!" Haruko whispered. She shifted her eyes back and forth. That's when she heard it.

"Guys!" she shouted in a whisper. The girls and the dog stopped. Kasumi cocked her head.

�"What?" she asked.

"Shhh!" Haruko whispered again. Everyone took a listen around them. There it was again. Hisako turned to Kasumi. She was about to ask when there were more sounds of footsteps coming closer. Everyone looked at each other. Ryuji held his breath as he started counting down.

One... Two... Three!

Everyone took off running down the road. Footsteps ran after them to keep up. There was only one way that they could go and that was forward.

"Do you see anything?" Kame asked.

"No!" Haruko shouted, looking over her shoulder.

"Shit!" Ryuji yelled. The group began running faster. They didn't know where they were going.

"How long is this road?!" Hisako asked.

"It doesn't matter! Just keep running!" Haruko yelled.

"Don't we have anything to fight back with?!" Ryuji asked.

"Do you really want to do that?!" his sister yelled. "We don't know who's chasing us! We don't even know how many there are!"

"Damn it!" the boy shouted. The footsteps started to speed up even more.

"Shit!" Ryuji yelled. He closed his eyes and started running further. The girls and the dog ran to keep up. Hisako reached up and picked up Coni by her feet. The dog barked as she held him tight to her side. Kasumi closed her eyes and hoped that it wasn't who she thought it was. Suddenly, someone grabbed her by the hand. She opened her eyes to see Ryuji running in front of her, squeezing her hand as tightly as he could.

"Ryuji?" the woman asked.

"Don't talk! Just keep running!" he yelled. Kasumi did her best to keep up with him. That was all any of them could do. They just had to run and keep running.

Chapter Seventy-Five: Hunted: