Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Fallen Princess ( Chapter 75 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She used to be like a princess. Everyone loved her. Sayako was especially loved by her parents. She was their only child so it came naturally. Where did it all go wrong? Sayako looked up at the sky and screamed. It wasn't supposed to be like this. She was to have her inheritance and live comfortably. She didn't get what happened.

-Five Years Ago-

Sayako had it all. A large beautiful house, loving parents, great friends, and a man she was going to marry. She also had the brains and looks to go with it. All of the attention rained on her. That year, she was looking forward to the summer. As far as Sayako, everything was going great. She couldn't wait to go to the summer festival in her kingdom that year. The heiress was going to look cute then too. She even picked out her favorite yellow sundress. Sayako was going to make herself look like the most beautiful girl at the festival.

That day started out as she thought it would. The family had breakfast together. At the time, Sayako didn't notice how worried her parents looked. They were forcing themselves to smile. Their daughter was too wrapped up in her little world to notice.

"I'm going to the festival today!" she said.

"Oh, you are?" her mother asked. "That's great honey." Her father didn't say anything as he ate his breakfast. In his mind, this was going to be the last time they would all have breakfast together.

"Papa, what's going on?" Sayako asked him. His wife put her hand on his. He shook his head as he smiled.

"Nothing," he said. "You just have a good day." Sayako gave him a confused look as she shoved more food into her mouth. She had no idea this would be the last time they would all eat together as a family.

Sayako had no idea how bad things were. All that mattered was showing off at the festival. She was going to be the princess of the world.

-Present Day-

Sayako looked out at the rain. How did her life turn out like this? She had to work several jobs to make ends meet. The bottle was her only friend. The woman could be found around bars lamenting about how good she had her life. Most of them ignored her.

After she got fired one day, Sayako couldn't take this anymore. Something had to change. She overheard tales about this Cove and the treasures it holds. Sayako's eyes widened. Treasure? The gears turned in her head. She could get her old lifestyle back. The woman didn't have to be poor anymore. Sayako stood up in the alley she had been sleeping in. She just had to go find this Cove. The woman happened to smell herself. Eww. But first she needed a bath.

After cleaning up at the local bathhouse, Sayako managed to follow behind two guys who ended up stuck with her on this journey. Now, they were on this endless road in the darkness to nowhere. Sayako wanted to break down crying.

"Why?! Why does this keep happening to me?!" she shouted. The other two men with her rolled their eyes and looked at each other. They already planned to ditch her as soon as they could. They all just needed to hold on a little bit longer.

Chapter Seventy-Six: Fallen Princess: