Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Resolution to End ( Chapter 85 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"There's something that I have to tell you," Kasumi said. Haruko turned her head.

"What did you say?" she asked. The others slowly stopped walking. Kasumi lifted her head.

"The reason why I am out here, looking for the Cove," she said. She had everyone's attention now.

"Kasumi," Ryuji said.

"No! Please listen to me," she said. "I have to say this." She took in another breath.

"I am trying to get something back," she said. "Karasu... He stole it from my family."

"What are you talking about?" Kameko asked.

"Have you all heard of the Umaki Sword?" Kasumi asked. No one spoke at first.

"What about it?" Ryuji asked. She forced herself to come out and say it. She resigned herself to telling the truth. Too late to turn back now.

"He stole my family's sword and now I have to get it back!" she said. There was no response at first. The group didn't know what to make of this at first. Kasumi stood, waiting. She pressed her lips together. Ryuji blinked.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait," he said. "You're saying... That sword..."

"Yes," Kasumi said. No one said a word. She took a breath.

"What will you do when you get it back?" Haruko asked.

"I don't know," Kasumi admitted. "I don't know how I am going to get it back either. I just know that I have to go to the Cove and meet him there." She broke down and told them all the whole story. Her audience listened without saying a single word. The woman breathed out when she was finished. She looked at everyone staring at her.

"Wow," was all Ryuji could say. He tried not to look at the body behind them. Haruko stepped forward.

"We'll help you," she said. Kasumi gave her a blank stare.

"What?" she asked. Haruko took her by the hands. She gave him a calm little smile.

"We're here for you," the woman said.

"Yes," Ryuji said. The other two girls nodded. Coni barked as he jumped up. Kasumi looked at all of them. She struggled to say anything at first. She bowed her head.

"Everyone," she said. "Thank you." She doesn't if this is going to work. Well, it's too late to turn back now. They all had to see this through.

"Fine," Kasumi said. "But you have to promise me that we will see this through. There will be no turning back until this is over, okay?"

"Yes," Ryuji said.

"Yes," Haruko said.

"Yes," Hisako said.

"Yes," Kameko said. The dog barked in agreement. Kasumi smiled as she dropped her shoulders.

"Very well," she said. "I know how to get us out of here." Her group looked at each other.

"What?" the girls asked. Ryuji shrugged.

"Lead the way," he said. He didn't have to tell her twice.

Chapter Eighty-Six: Resolution to End: