Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Thirteen, Chapter Fifty-One: Fair Lady ( Chapter 51 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Valentina-

I looked at the old photograph in my hand. She looked really pretty. This picture is about twenty years old but she could be an actress. My men say that she was here in New York. Yes, she is still alive. Who is she? Why, she was Daddy's lover.

My mother died when I was a baby. Daddy was lonely. He had work and me to look after. Then he met Olga.

No one knows why we're in New York. I didn't even tell Mikhael. I don't know what he would think. It doesn't matter. I'm the one who has to do this. Daddy left me the letter in his top desk drawer. Why would he have it hidden away from the lawyer? Curious, I opened the letter.

I stood up.

“I'm going out,” I said. I walked out of the room. Mikhael followed behind. I rolled my eyes. Does he have to come with me? Whatever.

----------

“Where are we going?” Mikhael asked. I walked ahead without saying a word. My men gave me an address where I could find Olga.

“A little coffee shop in Manhattan,” I said.

“Huh?” he asked. I looked over my shoulder.

“We're going to a little coffee shop,” I said.

“Oh,” Mikhael said. I kept walking ahead.

“Hey, wait up!” he shouted. I kept walking. He needed to learn how to keep up. He can act like a man.

Olga worked at a coffee shop called Sunflower. She opened it back in 1991. From what I hear, she's been doing well for herself. The Sunflower had just opened for the day. I pushed open the glass door.

I found her wiping down the counter. She looked the same as she did in the photograph. Only much older in her face. Her strawberry blonde hair was pulled back into a messy bun. I didn't think I had seen someone looking so happy. Did she know what happened to Daddy? I almost felt bad for doing this. I walked up to the counter.

“Are you Olga Lagunova?” I asked. She froze as she stared at me.

“Who's asking?” she asked.

“Do you know a Nikita Popova?”

“Why?”

This next part hurt to say, but I had to do it. I lifted my chin.

“I'm his daughter. He's dead,” I said. Olga slowly went pale. She looked like she was about to cry.

“Valentina,” Mikhael said, walking up to my said. “What's going on? Who is this?” I waved him off.

“Here,” I said. I reached into my purse and pulled out the letter. Olga's hand trembled as she took it.

“Daddy made sure you were looked after,” I said. “You and my half-sister.” Mikhael's head whipped around.

“What?!” he asked. Tears ran down Olga's cheeks.

“Thank you,” she said in a whisper. I took her by the hand.

“My husband and I will be there to help you,” I said.

“Valentina?” he asked. I stepped on his foot.

“Shut up!” I hissed. I regained my composure.

“We'll be in town for the town. Come by and see us,” I said. I don't know why I said that. It just slipped out. But Daddy wouldn't mind. This was what he wanted after all. This should be fine.

Fair Lady