Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Magnetism ❯ Reflections ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Magnetism
Summary: One year ago Joey discovered that his fiancé had been cheating on him and moved in with his best friend, Wesley, who was also nursing a broken heart; devastated that his long time love interest Raimi had chosen rich heir to the Caspian Enterprises fortune, Scott Caspian instead of him. A year has past, with Joey and Wesley living together contently, until Joey loses his job. Desperate for any type of income Joey answers an advertisement for an advance art class, posing as a nude model, where he meets a mysterious young man named Christian. Christian unwittingly tests the relationship Wesley and Joey share, and as things spiral out of control for his best friend, Joey finds himself reaching the breaking point, and hoping Christian can save him.
 
Warnings: Strong sexual content in this chapter and some chapters to come. There are mentions of non consensual sex but no graphic details in a much later chapter. There is also some bad language.
 
Author's Notes: This story is completed except for the last few chapters. I will update twice a week since the story is over 30 chapters long and I'd like you guys to get a chance to read it without waiting half a year to read the whole story. This story takes place in fictional Frenchtown, and is not meant to represent any real Frenchtown in North America. Though I've written for a while this is my first “long” slash fiction. I'd love to hear feedback. Thanks!
 
Disclaimer: The characters are mine and are a work of fiction and are not meant to depict anyone, living or dead.
 
Chapter 1: Reflections
 
 
Another long day, another day of disappointment. Joey Warner had been out of work for three weeks, and he was getting desperate. He'd been turned down for almost everything, and with tuition due soon he really couldn't afford to be out of work for much longer. Wesley would let him stay with him indefinitely, though Joey didn't see himself doing that to his best friend. He was running out of options… there were only a handful of people he could borrow from if it came to that, and any self-respecting job he had applied for had come to nothing. He was trying to be optimistic. He'd find a job, eventually. He just hoped it was sooner, rather than later.
 
“Joey, what's wrong, the interview went bad?”
 
“Don't call us, we'll call you…I'd say it went bad.”
 
“Oh, Joey, babe, it's gonna be okay, really. We'll find something.”
 
“You said that last week, Wes, and here I am, still jobless.”
 
“Poor baby.” Wesley pouted at the blond mockingly. He was in one of his moods tonight, Joey could tell already. “Let me make you feel better…” Wesley beckoned with his index finger, Joey slipped off his shoes and walked over to Wesley who was sitting suggestively on the easy chair across the room. Joey flopped down on the ottoman and gave Wesley a look.
 
“Yes, Wesley?”
 
“I made you come with one finger, imagine what I can do with my whole hand…” Wesley was smirking. Joey smiled at his roommate. “I'm going to take your mind off your joblessness, babe…” Wesley leaned over and placed a warm kiss on Joey's lips. Joey smiled again.
 
“Is there ever a moment during the day you're not completely horny, Wes?”
 
“Um, probably not.”
 
Wesley Lawrence was barely 5'3 but he walked into most situations and commanded attention with a devilish smirk and a calculating persona. It helped, of course, that his hair was black with blond highlights, so people were drawn in immediately to the spiky haired sex kitten. With big light brown eyes and a slender build that was almost always covered in leather pants and a suggestive top it was no wonder he got so much notice.
 
Despite Wesley's outward appearance now he had definitely been one of the over achievers in high school. He had been shy and introverted and no one would have ever suspected the valedictorian was now a major player on the gay bar and club scene.
 
Joey on the other hand had been more than a handful for his teachers and any other authority figure in high school. But now that he was older he had grown out of a lot of his foolish behavior. He kept his hair short and its natural blond hue and fit in perfectly with the mainstream. The friends had done a flip flop, only Wesley had definitely gotten into things Joey never had.
 
Wesley slipped to the edge of the chair and wrapped his hands around the other's neck. He placed another warm kiss on Joey's lips, this time adding some tongue. Joey moaned into the kiss, knowing in doing so he'd already signified that he'd have to be the submissive for the evening. But that was probably for the better, he wasn't sure if he'd be much of a fuck in this mood anyway.
 
Wesley dominated the kiss, Joey a willing participant. When Wesley got in one of these moods Joey knew nothing would stop Wesley from, frankly put, fucking the shit out of him. In the past year they had been living and sleeping together Joey had identified all of Wesley's sexual moods, but was still astonished that they changed on a whim. One day Wesley was seductive and dominating, the next submissive and innocent, the next a combination of the two, and the day after something entirely different. Joey loved it, he was always kept on his toes, never knowing what Wesley was thinking or planning next.
 
Tonight, though, it was clear Wesley was going to be in complete control, his light brown eyes were wild with desire, and Joey could only hope Wesley wouldn't handcuff him to the bed and break out some of his toys. Wesley was pressing against him hard, kissing the breath out of him, and the brown eyed blond couldn't get enough.
 
“Mm, babe, strip for me…” Wesley whispered into Joey's ear. “I want to see all of you.”
 
“I stripped for you two days ago.”
 
“Then you should be good at it.” Wesley's smile was deadly. Joey flushed. He stood up and walked into the center of the room. “If you do a good job, maybe I'll stick some dollar bills in your g-string.”
 
Joey was unbuttoning his dress shirt, provocatively. “Wesley, I'm not wearing any underwear.”
 
“Knew I'd want to take you when you got home?”
 
“Yes.” Wesley smiled again. Joey was still playing with his shirt, shrugging out of it slowly, half of it was already off…
 
“Um… God, babe… you're so fucking hot…”
 
“So you tell me.” Wesley watched, licking his lips as Joey removed the shirt completely. Joey was muscular in all the right places. His chest was well defined, his pecs splitting perfectly, a beautiful crease separating the right and left sides of his torso. The line ran down into his abs, tight and smooth.
 
“It's not polite to stare, Wesley,” Joey reminded him and started on the pants.
 
“I think I want a lap dance, Babe.”
 
“That's going to cost you extra.” Joey threw the pants across the room and smiled.
 
“Get on your knees, Joey.” Wesley pushed the ottoman over and allowed the blond to kneel in between his legs. Joey smiled up at the other and yanked at the pants barely containing Wesley's arousal. Once they were out of the way Wesley slipped off his boxers and gave Joey his ten-foot smile. “Mmm, you going to suck me off, Blondie?”
 
“Of course I am, Wes.” Joey took him into his mouth with a moan. His throat muscles started working violently, as he deep-throated his friend.
 
“Mm, baby, that's so good, Joey….” Wesley's cries of pleasure were lost in his throat, as Joey swallowed around him. “Yeah…get me nice and wet, you know where it's going next.” Joey smiled, and teasingly started humming.
 
He couldn't resist the urge to taunt him as Joey slid Wesley out of his mouth, only to slide it back in agonizingly slow. He smiled, obviously enjoying himself. “Damn it, Joey… you're a bigger tease than me… mmm…” Wesley's protest was cut off as Joey finished what he had started and took him into his mouth again.
 
“God, I want to fuck your face off…” Wesley pushed against the hot, wetness that enclosed around him, groaning in frustration. He was getting close. But Joey and him had more to do, so he'd have to wait. Joey grabbed his hips, enjoying the feel of Wesley's thighs and pelvis still trying to thrust up into his oral cavity. “Damn… Joey… okay… stop, stop…” Joey did, still smiling, smugly.
 
“Enjoyed that, did you?” Joey asked, innocently.
 
“I'm hard as fuck right now, bend over the ottoman.”
 
“Such a pervert tonight.”
 
“Enough talk, bend over.” Joey blushed a little. Most people wouldn't guess that Joey's diminutive best friend was a sex maniac, or that he could hold his own as the dominate one in any sexual activity. These days of course, anyone who Wesley chose to be with soon got a taste of the sexual prowess he was so proud of.
 
Wesley always had a tube of lube nearby. He reached into his pants pocket and showed Wesley what was in his hands. Joey shook his head, exasperated. But then he smiled as Wesley started touching his nether region.
“Is it coming out?” Wesley asked, putting his belt back on.
- - - - - - - - - - -
“No. It's not. Do we have any cleaner?” Wesley nodded. Joey stood up, taking a backward glance at the furniture he had released on. “Where do we keep it?”
“Underneath the sink. Maybe if you cleaned up around here more than once a month you'd know that, Joey.”
 
“You're the housewife, Wesley.”
 
“Not even in your dreams.” Wesley sat back on the easy chair, legs spread. He needed a shower. They both did…but that could be dealt with later. Wesley sighed, listening to the desperate rummaging. “Did you find it, Babe?”
 
“Here it is.” Joey looked at it, trying to read the label. “You think this would take out cum shots?” Wesley giggled. “What? It's a valid question.”
 
“Even if it doesn't, it doesn't much matter. We're not expecting any company. Scott and Raimi already think we live in a dump. My guests are not discriminating, and you never bring anyone home.”
 
“If this is your attempt at bringing up the fact that I need a boyfriend again, you can cut it short, Wes.” Joey reappeared with the cleaner.
 
“Spray it on, and we'll let it sit.” Joey did. “And as for bringing it up, I never once said that you needed a boyfriend. I said you needed some dick.”
“You fulfill my need for throbbing cocks up my ass, Wesley.” Wesley smiled. “Can we just drop it? One of us has to be the responsible one in this apartment. We can't start switching roles now. You bring home random boys and I complain about it.”
 
“I've offered to give you some of the boys in my collection.”

“I'd prefer not to dine on your sloppy seconds.”
 
“Babe, you make it seem like the men I go around with are marred. I've never once harmed them…well, maybe just a couple.” Joey stood up and shot Wesley a glance. Wesley's big smile lit up his face.
 
“You have a boudoir of boys, shouldn't you be ashamed of yourself?”
 
“Probably.”
 
Joey walked back to the sink and put the stain remover back. “Where's the mail?”
 
“Threw it somewhere.” Joey looked over his shoulder.
 
“Good to know.” Joey looked around the kitchen, doing a quick search. “Yeah, Wes, what was it you were saying about me not cleaning up?”
 
“I had class all day today.”
 
“It's always something with you.” Joey found the pile and picked it up, rifling through it. “Is there anything in here that's not a bill?”
 
“Magazine subscription thingy. Otherwise, I'd have to say no.”
 
“Final notice?” Joey lifted the envelope up so Wesley could see it. “When were you going to show me this?”
 
“I didn't want you to worry…”
 
“Worry, Wesley…we're going to not have an apartment pretty soon…I'd say you should take the risk and let me worry. When were you going to tell me this had come in, after the moving van showed up?”
 
“At this rate our things will probably be repossessed first.” Joey narrowed his honey eyes. He was not amused. “Babe, it'll be fine. We'll figure something out.”
 
“Wesley, I know I said I'd take care of all the finances, but what you don't seem to get is that we're about to be homeless. Everything is due. Now. My credit cards are maxed out, yours are practically there. This isn't a joke, Wesley.”
 
“I'm not laughing. I'm just telling you that we'll figure it out. We always do.”
 
“It's not going to be like the other times. We're going to be living on the streets. I still don't have an income.”
 
“Don't dramatize.”
“Wesley, this is serious.”
 
“I know, Babe, I know.” Wesley stood up and walked into the kitchen. “I know you're trying to be the responsible one here, but you have to appreciate the fact that we're not rock bottom yet. I have enough money in my savings account to cover at least half the bills.”
 
“You're supposed to be saving that money for books and school.”
 
“I'll save it again.” Wesley sighed and opened the refrigerator. “We're out of milk, Babe.”
 
“We're out of everything.”
 
“You shouldn't have used your credit card to pay off mine, Joey. My card doesn't have a very big spending limit…we can barely afford to charge food on it.”
 
“Your interest rate is higher than mine. And if you didn't charge Chinese food on it three times last week it wouldn't be so close to being over the limit again. It's cheaper to buy food and prepare it.”
 
Wesley slammed the fridge shut. “It's so easy for you to say that, Joey, because I'm the one who has to prepare the food. You don't cook, you don't clean…”
 
“I've been looking for a job, going to class…and you didn't cook tonight, so I don't want to hear it.”
 
“Oh my god, Joey! First night this week I didn't cook for your lazy ass.”
 
“First night this week? It's Tuesday!” Wesley made a face, and pouted. “Stop it, Wes. Stop pouting.” Wesley didn't, and crossed his hands over his chest. “I'm sorry, I'm just stressed out.”
 
“Me too, Babe.” Wesley leaned up and kissed Joey softly. “If it comes down to it, I'll just ask grandpa for the money.”
 
“I don't even want to think about how much money we already owe him. Don't ask him for anymore.”
 
“He doesn't mind helping us.” Wesley stroked Joey's cheek.
 
“Wesley, you know how I feel about it.” Wesley sighed. “I promised your grandpa I'd take care of you.”
 
“He understands, Joey. You're not still obligated. That was over a year ago anyway.”
 
“I do it because I love you, not because I feel obligated.” Joey held Wesley's hand at the wrist, stopping Wesley's movements on his face. Wesley allowed Joey to rub the scarred wrist, and then kiss it. He trailed butterfly kisses across the length of the scar. “I'll always take care of you, Wesley.”
 
“I know you will, Joey.” Wesley moved, and Joey let his wrist go. Wesley shuddered, feeling uncomfortable suddenly. It had been a year ago…but that scar was going to last forever. It had faded a lot…but Wesley would never lose sight of it. It was a constant reminder of how close he had been to Hell. So many nights right after that moment he had been tempted to grab another razor blade and open the wound back up…but he had Joey now to make everything okay.
“I guess we should go get groceries, huh?” Wesley nodded. “Let me find something to wear.”
 
"That's fine, I want to put in my new purple contacts."
- - - - - - - - - - -
 
“I'm going to go get the milk, Joey.”
 
Joey nodded and watched his shorter best friend head into the dairy aisle. After all their shopping they had managed to forget the milk. Joey wasn't sure what they were going to do about money, but he decided he could pick up one of those local apartment listing brochures just in case they did have to move to a less expensive place. He walked up to the front of the supermarket and did a glance at the bulletin board as he picked up some pamphlets. That's when he noticed the advertisement:
 
Nude Male Model wanted
For Advance Sculpture Class
Must be in good physical condition
Classes meet twice a week for four weeks
Competitive Pay
 
“Wesley, do you think I'm in good physical condition?” Joey asked, bagging their food.
 
“Yeah, Babe. You're pretty damn buff for somebody who rarely uses his gym membership. I wish I was as cut as you are.”
 
“You mean it? Or are you just saying that?” Wesley smiled at Joey, his amethyst eyes bright. “I saw an ad on the bulletin board.”
“Nude male model wanted?” Wesley inquired, his smile widening. Joey nodded. “I took the ad off, we can't have anyone else applying.”
 
“Wesley, that's not a very nice thing to do.”
 
“I don't care.” Joey smirked. That was what he loved about Wesley. He was impulsive and crazy… even if he could be a little flighty at times, and boy-crazy. “Call tomorrow, I'm sure you'll get the job.”
 
“I still need a real job.”
 
“Yeah, but if it helps pay some of the bills, then why the hell not.” Joey had to agree. “Besides, maybe you can pick us up some hot art guys or something.”
 
“Your mind is always on men, Wesley.”
 
“It is not!” Wesley placed the last of their bags in their shopping cart. “Whoa, check out the cutie by the gumball machine.” Joey shook his head in exasperation. “I'm going to get his number.”
 
“Hey, we agreed you weren't going to pick up anymore guys at the grocery store.”
“No, you agreed. I didn't.” Wesley walked over to the brunet, hips swinging, his mouth opening suggestively.
 
Joey watched annoyed. Within moments Wesley had the boy's number. As happy as Joey was that Wesley had overcome his depression about Raimi, he wasn't happy he had discovered his sexuality in the processes.
 
Suddenly, shy little Wesley had turned into some kind of multi-colored haired vixen. Over the last several months he had learned just what kinds of things he had to do to get his way, seducing anyone he wanted. He was sexy and fun and cute… and wherever he went…that's where the action was.
 
The blond had to admit he was happy Wesley had shed most of his innocent shell. But he wasn't happy with the way Wesley went about it. Flirting, giggling, going to clubs, single's bars. A year ago Joey couldn't imagine his best friend even mentioning he thought someone was cute, let alone approach them. With Raimi's rejection, Wesley appeared determine to prove to himself that he was desirable and wanted. He needed the attention, he thrived off the boys calling him for dates and hook ups.
 
Joey was jaded. He was jealous that he was Wesley's “safe guy”, the best friend and lover that Wesley could always rely on when he needed him. It wasn't easy to be a surrogate boyfriend, especially not to the wild spirit that was Wesley. Without Raimi, Wesley became withdrawn, and then as if overnight, he became the confident, vivacious young man Joey was now left with. But he wasn't just jealous that Wesley wasn't with him exclusively, he was also envious that he wasn't Wesley. Wesley walked into a room and eyes went to him. Certainly Joey got hit on… when people weren't busy assuming that Wesley was his boyfriend. And even then that didn't stop some people.
 
He supposed it came down to comfort. Wesley was comfortable in his skin, he was comfortable with being a sexual being. And Joey was still feeling weird, still going through an awkward stage. Guys hit on Wesley and Wesley flirted right back. Joey made up excuses, he gave out phony phone numbers, he told them he had just broken up, or he was seeing someone. He was terrified of the dating scene. His world's happiness had been that asshole, his ex-fiancé. He couldn't get back into the groove. If not for moving in with Wesley he'd probably be celibate. Of course there had been that one rebound guy… and that had been a disaster.
 
He just couldn't let anyone get that close to him again, he couldn't risk getting hurt… so he shut the world off… threw himself into his schoolwork, and screwed his roommate on a regular basis.
 
“I need a shower, Babe,” Wesley decided, “Let's make this quick.” Wesley was busy pushing a chair from the kitchen table over to the cabinets. They were back home, putting away their goodies, and Wesley was climbing on the chair putting away the cereal boxes.
 
“Do you know how cute you look standing on that chair to reach?” Wesley turned to look at his blond roommate with a smirk.
 
“Cute enough to fuck?”
“You're always cute enough to fuck.” Joey handed him some pasta and Wesley sat it next to the Crispy Flakes and closed the door. Wesley jumped down.
 
“You want to join me in the shower then, Babe?” Joey smiled.
 
“Wesley, how many times are we going to sleep together today?” Wesley shrugged. “Why didn't you just bring your friend over? You could have cleaned him off.” Wesley frowned.
 
“I only got his number so I could keep my options open.”
 
“Whatever, Wes.”
 
“Someone jealous?”
“No.”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Blow me.”
 
In the shower.” Wesley kissed him and grabbed the rest of the groceries. “Come on…I'm horny again.” He's nothing if not consistent.
 
The shower ended and both boys got dressed. “Will you sleep with me tonight, Joey?” Wesley asked, putting on a fresh pair of boxers.
 
“Twice tonight is more than enough, you pervert.”
 
“I meant sleep sleep… shesh, get your mind out of the trash.”
 
“This coming from the head garbage man.” Wesley laughed. He wrapped his arms around Joey. “I guess this means I have to get my pillows and get my other comforter and get into your lumpy ass bed and get kicked all night and wind up on the floor…”
 
“Yep.”
 
It was the smile that did it. Joey was a sucker for smiles. His ex had had a killer smile. He smiled a hell of a lot right up until the very end. Even when Joey found brown hair in the bed and on the pillows, even when Joey directly accused him of cheating on him there was that obnoxious smile. “Joey, baby, what are you talking about…I was working late last night…” A year and he could still hear the words coming from that green eyed terror. Those words, said with that smile.
- - - - - - - - - - -
The sex in the shower hadn't been anything spectacular, Joey was too distracted. Wesley and his impending homelessness was in his forethoughts. He gathered up some extra bedding and his alarm clock and trudged into Wesley's room and flopped on the bed. Where the Hell were they going to get money? Even if this nude modeling thing worked out, he still needed a job job, and furthermore, any job he got at this point, its paycheck wouldn't be forthcoming for a week or two, and the bills were due now… hell some were due two weeks ago.
 
“Poor, Joey, so worried about me.” Wesley was teasing him, rubbing his arms against Joey's bare chest, agitating a pink nipple. “I promise it's all going to be okay, Babe.”
 
“We really need money, Wes.” Wesley nodded. He shifted so he was half lying on top of the blond.
 
“I know we do.” He was suddenly very serious. “I'll write you a check for the rent, utilities, cable and phone bills. If you can manage to pay our cell phone bills we can pay the minimum on the credit cards.”
 
“No, Wesley. You're not dipping into your savings like that. I'll pay the cable and phone bill.”
 
“You have tuition, and you have to put your car into the shop.”
 
“No. I'll wait to put my car in the shop.”
 
“Hells no. I'm not letting you ride around in that broken rattletrap for much longer. You break down somewhere and what am I going to do?” Wesley kissed the hard nub. “Don't argue with me.”
 
“You have tuition too…the answer is no. You can pay the rent, because we're going to need a roof over our heads… but you're not paying the rest.”
 
“So what happens then? We have an apartment but the gas is shut off because you're being stubborn, Babe?” Wesley gave the nipple another kiss. “I'm writing the check first thing in the morning.”
 
“And if you do I'm going to rip it up.”
 
“Then let me call grandpa and borrow money.”
 
“No!”
 
Wesley sat up and gave Joey a nasty look. “Damn it, Joey. Stop playing big brother protector. We need the money. Why are you making this a big deal?”
 
“He's not a Western Union, Wesley. Or an ATM. You can't hit him up for money every other week.”
 
“Then you tell me what we're supposed to do.”
 
“Give me until next Friday. If nothing is going on then you can call him.” Wesley sighed and rested his head against his sometime lover.
 
“Next Friday, Joey. And then the First National Bank of Grandpa is being contacted.” Joey huffed. “I don't enjoy asking him for money either, Babe. But you need to pay your tuition. That's the most important thing.” Wesley hugged him and kissed his neck.
 
Joey relaxed a little, knowing it was pointless to argue.
 
“Sleep now, Babe, don't worry about it, it's all going to be okay.”
“Wesley…”
 
“I know you don't think I appreciate everything you do for me, but I do… I always have, and I always will. I love you, Joey. You're the most important person in my life right now. I wouldn't even be here if not for you. I just want the opportunity to take care of you the way you take care of me. If the roles were reversed and I lost my job there wouldn't even be a question of you taking care of everything. Partners in crime, remember? Let me play the big brother for a change. Okay?”
 
“Okay, Wesley.” Wesley smiled and snuggled up closer to his best friend. Joey kissed Wesley's wrist, paying special attention to the scar. “I love you, Wesley.”
 
“I love you too, Babe.”
- - - - - - - - - - -
“How'd it go?” Wesley asked, tasting the spaghetti sauce to see if it was lacking in any spices.
 
“The job interview or the modeling thing?”
 
“Both.” Wesley held a spoon up. “Taste, is it missing something?” Joey leaned over, taking the wooden spoon in his mouth. He shook his head no. “Wash your hands then, dinner's ready.” Joey walked over to the sink and did as he was told. “So, how'd it go? The job interview.”
 
“Don't know. They said they'd call me next week.”
“What about the modeling thing?”
 
“The teacher said that out of the four guys that applied my body was the nicest and most toned. He said he'd call me tomorrow to confirm that I did get the job, but he needed to keep his options open at least until tomorrow because the class would be sculpting in the classic Greco-Roman style, and he wanted the model's body to rival that of Michelangelo's David.” Wesley smirked.
 
“Something tells me he won't be getting that many more people applying, Babe.”
 
“Yeah, you made sure of that.” Wesley had thrown the ad out in the dumpster in the parking lot as soon as they got out of the supermarket. “So how was your day?”
 
“Alright. Raimi called. Invited us over this Saturday for some kind of dinner date thing.”
 
“Do Caspian and him know we're not dating?”
 
“I don't think they give a shit, Babe.”
 
“Do you want to go?”
“Not really, but we blew them off two weeks ago, and we blew them off like three weeks before that.”
 
“I don't see why we have to pretend to like them, Wesley.”
 
“I'm over it, Joey. I can't have animosity and resentment for the rest of my life over this. It was a year ago. Raimi was a good friend.”
 
“He's not anymore, Wes.” Joey strained the pasta and dumped it on the plates Wesley had already set on the table.
 
“Babe, you don't have to hate them for me.”
 
“My hate has nothing to do with you.” Joey went to pour them drinks. “And I never said I hated Raimi. It's his obnoxious fiancé- to- be I don't like.”
 
“Fiancé- to- be… what is that, how are you pre-engaged? Either you are, or you're not. That's like being sort of pregnant. It's one or the other.” Joey nodded in agreement.
 
They sat down to their meal. “Look, Wes, if you want to go Saturday we'll go. We can't avoid them forever, and I guess in some ways they're some of the only friends we have.” Wesley smiled a thank you. “I'll try to refrain from being a jerk as long as that idiot doesn't start with that JoJo stuff.”
 
“It's only a nickname, Babe.”
 
“A nickname I've hated for four years.”
 
“I still say we shouldn't have put my car in the shop, Wes. I still haven't heard back from that interview.”
 
“You'll get the job, Joey. I promise. It's going to be okay.” Wesley was dropping Joey off in front of one of the buildings that made up Frenchtown 's community college. It was Thursday and Joey had gotten the modeling job. He was supposed to be posing for the class on Tuesday and Thursday nights and Tuesday had been the first class and the teacher had spent it talking about sculpture theory, tonight the students would start on their preliminary sketches.
 
Wesley had been helping him “practice” getting used to holding the same naked pose for hours, of course both times they had “practiced” they wound up having steamy hot sex in the process.
 
“Pick you up at 10, Babe. Have fun. And if any cute guys hit on you and you're not interested tell them you have a cute roommate.”
 
“Of course, Wesley.” Joey shook his head and went inside.
 
- - - - - - - - - - -
 
Wesley's words came back to haunt him as Joey sat on the chair motionlessly. As soon as the teacher announced to his advance sculpting class who their nude model was Joey had gotten three “hey baby's”. And worse, once he took off his robe the room was filled with whistles. Joey had assumed that the people in this class were serious art students. After all, when Joey spoke to the teacher about payment he was surprised by how much he was being offered an hour. Then he realized that the teacher was making quite a bit of money on his students fees. This class was expensive.
 
What had ever given him the impression that this class, unlike every other place in Frenchtown , would be a serious thing and not a pick up scene? A guy with long blond hair had actually made a kissy face at him. Joey wanted to vomit. Why had he signed up for this? This was the kind of place Wesley would thrive at. But Wesley had a small build, and Joey's body was more muscular. He had to admit that he had been a little naïve about the whole thing.
 
He should have expected some of the students to be attracted to him.
 
He just never expected them to be so open about their attraction. Joey felt like a slab of steak, completely naked and exposed. His entire body was blushing, and he was sweating under the hot lights. This was a bad idea. His eyes looked around the room. A couple of people winked at him, and smiled seductively. A few of his admirers were almost cute…maybe he'd get Wesley some phone numbers after all. The old bait and switch. They'd think they'd be making plans with him and wind up with Wesley the sex kitten instead.
 
The students were all making sketches of Joey first, and Joey couldn't help wondering if any of them were making their sketches lude for future masturbatory purposes. You have quite the imagination, don't you, Joey. Just concentrate and sit still…not everyone is looking at you like that.
 
Joey made one last sweep at the art students and then his eye caught on a brunet. The brunet smiled at him warmly. The first smile he had gotten since this had started that wasn't suggestive. He was cute. Pretty hazel colored eyes, slightly tanned. And from what Joey could see from around the easel he was built. The hazel eyes locked with his amber orbs and Joey's hear did a triple beat.
 
Okay, cute wasn't going to cover it.
 
He was…a god. Why the hell wasn't he up here instead of Joey? From what Joey could tell, this brunet had it all together. He looked about Joey's age, early twenties. And Joey knew it was safe to assume that gorgeous brunet had to have some money in his pocket if he was able to afford an art class with such exuberant fees. And he was an artist, a sculptor. There was something the teacher had said to Joey when he had gone to meet him that first time about sculptors:
 
“They're a passionate lot, sculptors are. And most of them are very soulful beings. They're also cocky. They think because they know how to mold a lump of clay that they can also mold any lover into fits of ecstasy.”
 
It had been an odd comment, and come to think of it, Joey now believed that the teacher had only said that in a weird effort to try to hit on him. But that was beside the point.
 
Joey now wondered about that dream boy drawing sketches of him. Why was he so smitten, he hadn't even seen the boy standing up. But what he could see, he definitely liked. This had to be the first time in recent history he had actually felt a genuine attraction to anyone. He wondered if the brunet was one of those cocky sculptors the teacher spoke of. That brunet could mold his clay any day of the week.
 
This was silly. Really silly, he was getting worked up by some guy he didn't know. But every time the brunet looked up he smiled at him, and their eyes met. It was electric. Was this what love at first sight was all about? He really liked this guy he knew nothing about. He wished he had Wesley's confidence. He wished he could go up to him with a sexy smile and get his number.
 
Class finally ended for the evening and Joey slipped his robe back on. “See you later, Sweetheart,” a boy mentioned with a wink. Joey flushed.
 
“Bye, Sweetstuff,” said another.
Joey held the robe tightly to himself. He was definitely going to be sick. The brunet was putting away his art supplies, Joey found himself sort of waiting for him, he just wanted to get a look at him. He stood up. A little taller than Joey. Unless it was the hair that did it.
 
“Hey, Cutie.” Joey's eyes wandered to the blond boy standing in front of him. This was the same guy who had blown a kiss at him earlier. “How'd a cutie like you end up in a place like this?”
 
“I needed some money.” Joey answered, his eyes looking into pretty light brown depths. Yeah, so the guy was sort of hot, but he was also very slimy. And if he fell for every guy with pretty light brown eyes wandering around Frenchtown he'd get himself in trouble real quick. Besides, Wesley's light brown eyes were prettier.
 
The brunet was walking towards the front of the classroom. Joey could feel his breath hitching in his throat. He was nearly hyperventilating. Yes, this guy looked a lot better standing up. He was solid, and commanding, and Joey was in love. But a guy that good looking was born with a boyfriend. Or he was straight. At least if he was taken but it was a man Joey stood a chance. God, he sounded like Wesley:
 
“Just because there's a goalie doesn't mean you can't score, Babe.”
 
No, he wasn't going to be playing home wreaker. He knew firsthand how that felt, to find out that the one you loved was cheating on you. Why was he even analyzing this? The guy was obviously out of his league, first and foremost, and second he was probably straight, and third, he was probably in a five year long committed relationship. No, he was probably married…
 
Oh God, that smile…that smile…that SMILE. He's smiling at me…oh God…he's so hot…
 
“Distracted, Cutie?” Joey looked back at the blond.
 
“I should go get changed,” Joey mumbled.
 
“Hey, not so fast, I was talking to you.” Joey looked around. The brunet was gone. GONE. He had walked away. And here he was stuck with this blond jerk. He could tell he was a jerk just by the way he looked Joey up and down. “I'm Mario,” the boy announced.
 
Yeah, okay, what's your point?
 
“Joey.” Mario smiled. His smile just screamed asshole. “I have to go.” Joey took off for the bathroom so he could put his clothes back on.
 
“See you, Thursday, Cutie.” Joey didn't look back. Why? What have I done? I don't need another jerk in my life right now. I don't.
 
“Meet any hotties, Babe?” Wesley asked as Joey slipped back into the car after he had changed.
 
“There was this really hot brunet. But he was like, untouchably hot…I got hit on a lot.” Wesley smiled. “I wasn't happy about it, Wesley.”
 
“You should be. You just don't appreciate what a hot little piece of ass you are, Joey.” Joey rolled his eyes.
 
“You're saying that because you want to sleep with me when we get home.”
 
“You bet I do.” Joey and him exchanged glances. “I kept thinking about those strange men looking at you, sketching your perfectly flawless body, and it got me hot.”
 
“Getting the mail gets you hot. Your hormones are out of whack.” Wesley laughed at the comment.
 
“You love me for it.”
 
“Yeah, I guess.” Joey smiled, then added, “If we're gonna fuck when we get home you won't mind me fantasizing about that brunet, right?”
 
“Nope. I always fantasize about one of my many men when I screw you.” Joey narrowed his eyes. “Just kidding, Babe.”
 
- - - - - - - - - - -
 
“JoJo, can you hand me the cocktail sauce?” Scott asked. Joey bit into his bottom lip to keep from screaming. Scott had used “JoJo” 17 times since they had arrived an hour ago. 17 times. There was nothing he hated more than spending a Saturday night with people he didn't like.
 
And Raimi and Scott were two people he didn't like.
 
Both Raimi Faris and Scott Caspian had gone to high school with Joey and Wesley. But they weren't friends in high school. Raimi's parents were originally from Egypt. And Raimi grew up in England before moving to Frenchtown in junior high. He had no accent now, and with gorgeous dark skin and pretty dark brown eyes he was definitely very popular with both sexes. He had dark brown hair, that was nearly black, arranged in a cut that was short and spikey in back with more length and wilder pieces in front. He only stood a little taller than Wesley at 5'6. Still short by male standards, but what he lacked in height he definitely had in presence. Wesley could gain attention at a party. Raimi was the party.
 
Scott on the other hand was the wealthy older son of Caspian Enterprises. Joey wasn't sure exactly what they produced, but from what he understood it was computer software, hardware and other complex technology for other corporations. When manufacturers needed top of the line products they called Caspian. Michael Caspian, founder and CEO of the company had become smitten with Scott's mother when he was eight years old and adopted Scott and his brother Mason and the rest was business history.
 
Although Michael Caspian had all intentions of giving his stepsons anything and everything their hearts desired, it had been his wife's dying wish for the boys to grow up as close to normal as possible. Given the circumstances of course. So Scott had gone to Frenchtown High, and they lived in a house that was big, but by no means a palace.
 
Despite his late mother's hope Scott could still be an arrogant prick. Scott was handsome, 6 feet, dark brown hair and ice blue eyes. He was quite good looking. And he was used to getting what he wanted and didn't take no as any sort of an answer. But Joey conceded that he did work in his stepfather's company, paid his own way, and although Raimi and him were well off he invested a good chunk of it and didn't spend wildly and irresponsibly.
 
The two of them deserved each other. But he still didn't like them.
 
“I'm going to go make the pina coladas now.” Raimi stood up.
 
“Let me help you, Raimi,” Wesley offered. Joey shot Wesley a death glare. Wesley smiled, and Joey was left alone with the businessman.
 
“So, JoJo, how's school?” Joey looked at Scott for a moment, trying to keep the irritated look off his face.
 
“School's school, Caspian.”
 
“How goes the job hunt?” Joey bristled at the question, angry Wesley had brought up Joey being laid-off during dinner.
 
“It's okay, I'm waiting for a few calls.”
 
“Hey, I'd help ya out, JoJo, but I don't know if my influence is really going to make a difference to a boss who's main concern is making sure his burger flippers remember the secret sauce.” Joey managed a tight smile, and swallowed.
 
Scott had a knack at being obnoxious and haughty in a way that always surprised Joey. Scott was so self-satisfied and full of himself Joey wondered how it was Scott managed room to eat.
 
“Well, JoJo, if you need anything, you know you can always ask me.” Joey gave Scott a look. He'd much rather chew on broken glass. He had been tempted to ask Raimi and Scott for money. But Scott was an asshole, and he didn't want the heir to the Caspian Enterprises fortune to have anything over him. “I mean that, JoJo, wholeheartedly.” 22 times he had used that nickname. “JoJo…” 23.
 
“Yes, Caspian?” Scott shifted on his place on the couch so that he was suddenly close enough to brush his leg against Joey's as Joey sat on a nearby easy chair. Joey narrowed his eyes. This was unexpected.
 
“JoJo, listen…” 24. “You don't have to be ashamed about you and Wesley's situation. It happens all the time. I know you take care of Wesley, I just don't want your pride to get in the way of you finding a solution for your financial problem.” Scott's hand wandered to Joey's knee. Joey's eyebrows met in the center of his forehead in confusion. “Alright, JoJo?” 25.
 
“Okay, Caspian. I hear you.”
 
“Drinks are here guys,” Raimi announced smiling. Scott let his hand leave Joey's leg.
 
What the fuck had that just been? Wesley and Joey had always heard the rumors around the local gay hotspots; the clubs, the gym, the supermarket, which doubled as a meet-market, at least to Wesley. People always said Scott got some on the side. And he had always been a bit of a flirt. But in the four long years Joey had known the jerk he had never once hit on him. Joey always assumed Scott simply tolerated his presence at the behest of his live-in boyfriend, Raimi. Why had Scott looked at him like that? That had definitely creeped him out.
“Wesley, you already had tree white Russians at dinner, I don't think you need any more alcohol,” Raimi complained, watching Wesley down the frothy drink in large gulps.
 
“It's okay, Rams, Joey's driving.”
 
“Still I worry about you, Saahibi,” Raimi mentioned, his eyebrow lifting. Raimi called Wesely “Saahibi”, because it meant my friend in Arabic. It had been a pet name since when Raimi and him were dating. “You've never been good at holding your alcohol.”
 
“He can drink with the best of them,” Joey explained.
 
“Thanks, Babe.” Wesley placed a kiss on Joey's cheek and handed him a drink. “Miss me?”
 
“Always and forever.” Wesley slid onto Joey's lap. Raimi watched them, a look on his face.
 
“Saahibi, slow down, there's plenty of time to drink that.” Raimi frowned as Wesley finished the drink. Joey noticed as the look played out on Raimi's face. Why was he starting on that protective kick now? If he had been a better friend he would have known Wesley's alcohol tolerance had increased considerably. Besides, the only way they would get through this night was if they were drunk.
 
Joey also didn't appreciate Raimi trying to play the protective role. Raimi had decided that Scott Caspian was more important than his supposed Saahibi a year ago. He always did this whenever they got together. Joey was Wesley's protector now, and if the guy wanted to drink, more power to him. Of course Joey's judgment at the moment was a little off, he was already buzzed, so what did he know.
“I need another one,” Wesley announced, getting off of Joey's lap.
 
“Little One, I think you've had enough.” Wesley turned and looked at Raimi.
 
“Come on, Raimi, you can come up with a better nickname than that. We both know I'm not a Saahibi.” Wesley stroked himself through his leather pants. Raimi's look paled. Scott's look darkened, and Joey laughed hysterically. “I'm just kidding with you, Raimi, you know that.” Wesley placed a half-drunk kiss on Raimi's lips. “Love you, Rams.”
 
“Thank you, Saahibi.” Raimi swallowed.
 
“Hey, you promised us you'd show us what Scott got you as your pre-birthday present,” Joey thought, deciding Raimi had suffered enough for one evening. Even if he did resent the guy.
 
“Good idea,” Raimi decided, thankful for the help. He wasn't stupid, he knew Joey didn't like him much anymore. “Come on, it's in the garage.” Raimi led the way, the three following him.
 
“It's right here.” Joey and Wesley's eyes settled on the motorcycle.
 
“When did you start riding, Raimi?” Joey asked, admiring the Harley.
 
“Scott's been teaching me, haven't you, Love.” Scott nodded and grabbed his lover around the waist. “I've been learning rather quickly.”
 
“Raimi's just really good at riding big machines,” Scott answered, leaning over and placing a kiss on Raimi's neck. Joey made a face. Yeah, and I bet you let everyone ride your machine, don't you, Caspian?
 
“Baby, not here,” Raimi giggled, as Scott leaned over him and grabbed his lips. Wesley gave Joey a look, Joey rubbed his shoulder. No matter how many times they watched Scott and Raimi's over the top displays of affection, Wesley still got upset.
 
Now that Joey watched their kissing Joey was even more convinced Scott was fucking around.
 
Scott was trying too hard.
 
- - - - - - - - - - -
 
Tuesday's class had gone okay. Wesley dropped him off, but had an evening class so he wouldn't be able to pick him up afterwards. Joey was planning on taking a cab but then he discovered that he had left his wallet at home. It had been a bad day all around. He still hadn't heard from the job, Wesley had just paid a hefty amount of their bills, and it was getting closer to Friday and Wesley asking his grandfather for money.
 
The catcalls hadn't gotten to him as much this time. Of course he had concentrated on that gorgeous brunet again. Joey had found himself fantasizing about him the whole weekend. Again the brunet looked up at him and smiled, and again their eyes met. He wanted this guy. In every possible definition of the word. But he was still out of his league, and Joey had given up on ever getting close to that eye-candy.
 
Once class was over all eyes were on him again. He pulled on the robe as quickly as possible, fumbling with the tie, wondering if anyone would make an unscrupulous comment. He didn't have to wait long… along came that guy with the platinum locks. Joey immediately tensed, wondering just what the blond wanted to say to him this time.
 
He didn't have to wait long to receive an answer. “Hello, Cutie. Quite the position you were in tonight. What other types of positions do you like being in?” Joey flushed a bright pink, and looked away from the other's insistent gaze.
 
“I was only teasing you, Cutie.” Joey didn't say anything. “So, what's a guy like you doing in a place like this? Someone like you wanting to work here?”
 
This guy can't be serious, can he?
 
“Why don't I buy you a drink?”
 
“I need to go change.” Joey scurried out of the room. This Mario person was persistent. Just how persistent Joey didn't really appreciate until he got outside and ran into him again.
 
Mario was standing with an ash blond boy. The boy was also in the art class. And Joey was pretty sure he knew him from somewhere. He probably knew him the same way any gay guy in Frenchtown knew any other gay guy. An ex of an ex, or a roommate of a former lover or something to that effect. He couldn't remember where he had seen him…wait, that had to be Ryan.
 
Wesley had dated Ryan's ex, some midnight blue haired guy named Branton. Well, dated was a suggestive term, they may have gone to dinner a few times, but Branton and Wesley's relationship was really just limited to sex. Joey had always thought Branton and Ryan were an odd couple, personality wise, from what he had seen of the two of them at the local gay bar, AXIS.
 
“You never answered my question, Cutie.” Joey looked back at Mario. NO. God, why am I attracting these assholes! His pheromones had to be out of whack or something, why was he suddenly so desirable to every jerk in a three mile radius?“I'm busy, I have an exam to study for.”
 
“You name the day then.” Joey shook his head.
 
“Just give me your number,” Joey decided, tired of the crap. Mario handed it to him. “I hope this makes you feel better about yourself. I can't be easy to be rejected all the time.” Mario's eyes widened. Then his face flushed.
 
“Come on, Baby, let's go.” That was Ryan's voice. Baby? Tell me that Mario and Ryan aren't together. Was Mario so shady that he would hit on guys in his boyfriend's presence? Of course they could be looking for a third lover. Or they could have what Wesley and him did. People often thought it strange that Joey would let Wesley flirt with other men in his presence. No one ever realized that Joey and Wesley weren't together.
 
Mario and Ryan took off, Mario obviously embarrassed. Joey smiled to himself.
 
“You must be the love em and leave em type, huh?” Joey spun around, there, standing in front of him, was the brunet. Joey nearly went into cardiac arrest. His voice was just a delicious as his skin tone and sharp masculine features. “You know, I don't think I've ever seen Mario turn that color before. I think it was practically mauve.” Looking up at the brunet with big expression-filled eyes, Joey commented, “Some guys just don't take no for an answer, I guess.”
 
He's using the word “mauve”, he's gotta be gay.
 
“Yeah, I'm one of those guys.” Joey smiled. Standing so close to this dreamboat was overwhelming him. “You must get it all the time though.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Guys shamelessly hitting on you,” the hottie answered.
 
“Oh. Well, to be honest, I'm so oblivious when it comes to that sort of stuff. I never notice.”
 
“Well, in that case, let me tell you that I'm hitting on you.” Joey smiled again, at the other's smile. He's just too hot. “I actually had this pick-up line I wanted to use on you…” Joey's smile grew. “But I don't think it worked.” Joey thought about that for a moment, a confused look on his face. But then he started laughing.
 
“Sorry about the delayed reaction, I'm a little slow,” Joey thought, still smiling.
 
“No apologies, that was pretty bad…”


Joey laughed, “Yeah, it was.”
 
“You weren't supposed to agree with me.” Joey laughed again. “There a car I could walk you to or something? I'm obviously striking out here.”
 
“I'd let you walk me to my car, but it's in the shop. I'm car-less for the next two days.”
 
“Bicycle, maybe?”
 
Joey smirked. “No, I'm officially a pedestrian. I just planned on walking home.”
 
“Out here, that's not safe. Any kind of person could come along and jump you from behind.”
 
“Well, yeah, but I mean, for all I know, you could be trying to walk me to my car so you could jump me.”
 
“I have a strict rule,” the brunet smiled, “I only jump cute guys in bed.” Joey blushed, but smiled sheepishly.
 
“You could wind up being another Mario,” Joey pointed out.
 
“Not possible. My name's not Mario, it's Christian.” Joey just couldn't keep from smiling.
 
“I'm Joey.”
 
“I know.” Another exchange of smiles. “Let me at least get you a cab.”
 
“No money for a cab. I just paid like forty-five bills.”
 
“I never said I wasn't paying for it.”
 
“No, Christian, I can't accept that.”
 
“Why?”
“Because… I don't even know you, I'm not going to let you take pity on me like I were some charity case. It's not right.”
 
“What did I tell you about not taking no for an answer.” Joey looked at him, smiling, in spite of himself. Christian hailed a cab, Joey protesting profusely the entire time.
 
“Can you just hold on one moment, please,” Christian asked, ducking into the window and speaking to the driver. He smiled back at Joey before handing him some cash. “Take it and don't complain.”
 
“Christian…”


“I'm not letting you walk home alone. If something happens to you the police are gonna come looking for me. And what am I going to tell them? I'm too involved now. I'm not going to have a guilty conscience wondering what's happened to you. And don't make up a million and a half reasons why you can't get in the cab.”
 
“I don't…thank you.”
 
“It's not a problem.” Joey looked at him and then away, not really sure what to say. This was a perfect opportunity for an awkward silence to ruin the moment.
 
Christian cut it short.
 
“Goodnight, Joey.” He smiled warmly.
 
Not having anything else to say Joey returned with a, “Goodnight, Christian.”
 
Christian headed down the sidewalk, towards the parking lot. Joey stood there, watching him. Still overwhelmed. That gorgeous man had been…so nice and funny and… he was letting him just walk away…
 
The story of his life. He was use to letting guys just walk away. Damn it…he was so stressed out…this was the absolute worse time to be getting involved with anyone. This was a bad idea…why was he…no…he shouldn't…this was wrong…it was…why were all his instincts telling him to take a chance…Shit… “Christian…Christian…” Joey opened the car door quickly. “Just give me one second, please.” He closed the door and took off calling him. “Christian!”
 
Christian stopped in his footsteps and spun around. “I um…I was thinking…maybe you should give me your number. That way, I could call you so you know that I got home safely.”
 
Christian regarded the blond in front of him for a moment, and then handed Joey a slip of paper.
 
Joey unfolded the paper and stared down at the number, instantly memorizing it. “You knew I was going to ask, didn't you?” Joey looked back up into Christian's smile.
 
“Call it a hunch.” Joey blushed. “You better get going before you piss the cabbie off.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Goodnight, Joey.” Christian smiled again.
 
“Night, Christian.” Joey watched Christian walk away.
 
Talk about smooth… he climbed into the car and sighed contently. That had gone…
 
PERFECT.


There was something about that guy, something Joey couldn't put his finger on. Whatever it was Joey wanted to find out what. He was cute, and sexy, and maybe just what Joey needed… but who was he kidding… a guy like Christian wasn't looking for a relationship with a guy like him…maybe this was a sex thing… and even if it wasn't… he was still hurting…Dustin had started out charming and sweet too…and he had abandoned him…empty promises…broken dreams… he was planning a future with that man… and Dustin was playing house with some tramp….


Stop analyzing it and take a chance. For once in your life.
This had to be the first time Joey hadn't been completely disillusioned by the thought of a guy showing interest in him in a year. Countless nights Wesley dragged him out to clubs and pick up places only for Joey to turn down everyone who came near him. How long could he claim that he had “just gotten out of a relationship?” There had been that one guy, his rebound guy… some guy named Vince…that had been an adventure in itself.


You tell Wesley not to run away from love…and what are you doing? Are you going to sit and wait forever to be happy?


Love? He didn't even know Christian. He knew nothing about him. He didn't know if he smoked, if he had pets, if he liked the rain, if he was passionate, abusive, a lover, a fighter. All he knew was that he was interested.
 
Joey smiled.
 
Author's Endnotes: This was longer than I was expecting it to be… but the chapter turned out a lot better than I thought it would. First chapters are a bitch. I just wanted to get the plot totally set up. This story is probably going to wind up being a soap opera. Next chapter some more drama happens concerning Scott Caspian, we get some more background into what happened between Wesley and Raimi a year ago, and Joey's interest in Christian grows. PLEASE review…. Pretty pretty please with sugar on top.