Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Memoirs of a Killer ❯ Chapter Sixty Seven ( Chapter 67 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Jack took a deep breath. He smiled, but there was no life to it. "We'll see what happens," he told her. "I might leave sooner.... Only time will tell."

Constance was quiet. She didn't have any more to say though she wanted to say more, she had no words. His heart was broken and it was because of her. They would never be the same. She couldn't help but wonder if he would call after he left or write. Would he send her postcard of the places he would visit? Would he ever visit? Would he resent her? It was odd...the silence.

Jack just smiled even as he stood. "Would you like Daniel to come back up here?"

Constance nodded but kept her eyes averted from him. Just having him smiling made her feel guilty. And he was being so nice to her. Why didn't he hate her? It was a lot easier emotion for her to deal with. Lots of people hated her.

Jack nodded. Closing the door behind him he took a deep breath to calm himself. Going downstairs he looked over at Daniel. "She'd like to see you," he told him.

Jessica looked at both their expressions. Her mouth formed an 'O' as she realized what was going on. Apparently Constance had made her choice.
Daniel walked upstairs and Constance looked at him. "Can I have something to help me sleep?" she whispered. Daniel kissed her forehead and nodded.

He went back down stairs and grabbed doctor bag. Walking back upstairs he sat next to Constance and pulled out a needle. He filled it with some clear liquid and she held out her arm. Slowly, he pushed it in. Daniel helped her moved to her stomach and lay back on the bed. He stayed with her until the medication took hold and she went to sleep. Afterward, he joined the rest of them downstairs.

Jack didn't say anything. Instead he started making plans. He'd never gotten to go to Miami. Now with nothing to tie him down that sounded like a rather good idea.

Jack parted two months later with Constance crying. He was polite even though she still felt he should have at least yelled at her. Brian stayed with Daniel and worked on his formulas to cure Constance. The whole time he didn't notice that the last shot she was give for control was the day she killed Daniel's brother. Without the life of killing, she never needed the shot.

Jessica went back to school the next year, along with Brian. Brian went as a teacher and Jessica was one of his students. Though, her grades were higher than the others because of her "extra credit." By the end of the year, Brian proposed. Jessica said no, however, later that day she changed her mind. They built a house only a few miles from Daniel's.

Constance did get letters from Jack, but no phone calls or visits. It was easier on him that way. He ended up settling down with a woman he met in Miami. Though they didn't marry, they had a little boy together. He sent Constance pictures and boasted about how much like his son was like him. Constance could tell that the highlight of Jack's life was his son. Two years later, she got another letter letting her know that he had a daughter on the way. He was happy, which made Constance eventually forgive herself.

The first year Constance and Daniel were together was spent traveling the world just like Constance always wanted to do. They did visit Daniel's brother's grave, however, Constance stood ten feet away and watched while Daniel said his peace. Jessica never went to the grave. Not even once. No one forced her to.

Constance and Daniel had their first child a year after Jack had his little girl. It was a boy which Constance named Ian. A few months later, Jessica and Brian had their first child, a little boy as well. Jack finally came to visit with the mother of his two children. Eventually, Constance talked him and his family into coming on holidays. Despite the fact of all of their pasts, they were a family. And for the first time in Constance's life, she didn't have to run from it.